Options

Melissa and Joey

Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,393
Forum Member
✭✭
I feel alone in being someone who loves this or even knows this show exists.

It features Melissa Joan Hart from Sabrina and Joey Lawrence playing characters with the same name. He has lost his high paying job and has to now live with her as her "nanny".

The first season is the longest season I remember with 30 episodes, I am half way through (watching online) and the 2nd season starts next week in the U.S. It airs on ABC Family and is currently one of the only recent shows on the channel that has been given more than one season and I think its the most popular show on the channel of the last year. (hence the massive 30 episode first season!)

I am wondering, what kind of channel would pick this up here? It seems an E4 type show to air alongside as TBBT and 2 Broke Girls.

Comments

• Options
    LennieLennie Posts: 25,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love this show, and its coz of Joey and Melissa.... cant wait for season 2
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I just finished Episode 10 and I am sure it gets better every episode that passes. It's a very feel good show.

Agreed, I like Joey and Melissa together and I pretty much have liked everything Joey Lawrence has been on. I find both the characters they play and the actors themselves very likeable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think from when i saw them in the movie The Fake Fiance, their chemistry was just the highlight and i am glad they got their own show......... and so on
  • Options
    stash22stash22 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    Yeah ive heard of it - just recently was watching some clips and interviews with Joey so came across that. Would like to see a full episode.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stash22 wrote: »
    Yeah ive heard of it - just recently was watching some clips and interviews with Joey so came across that. Would like to see a full episode.

You can view it on 1channel. It's good quality and streams fast. (if you watch and don't download of course)
  • Options
    007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know of the show and have seen a few episodes. I plan to watch the rest sometime soon...
  • Options
    benwhobenwho Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    why has'nt a uk brodcaster picked this up yet
  • Options
    mangomoonmangomoon Posts: 2,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like this show too, wish it would come to the UK.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would be perfect for E4
  • Options
    Ryan11Ryan11 Posts: 4,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The entire first season is on Netflix UK, I'm on episode 5 and I love it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ryan11 wrote: »
    The entire first season is on Netflix UK, I'm on episode 5 and I love it!

It gets better each episode I think. :)
    I'm on Episode 17 already, I only started yesterday :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It does get better each episode, the only issue i have that some episodes are so mix and matched, like in one episode we have Joey with full hair and next might be with Joey with a bald head.... but saying that it doesnt take away much from the episodes
  • Options
    benwhobenwho Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    thanks for letting me know its on netflix will watch it there loved mjh as sabrina
  • Options
    JESS24JESS24 Posts: 5,880
    Forum Member
    Love this this show
  • Options
    MikayMikay Posts: 10,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got up to episode 20 or so before I stopped watching.. okay took a hiatus.

I really love it though, and just need to get around to watching the rest. :D
  • Options
    welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if they are going to write Mellisa's pregnancy into the show
  • Options
    thetvkingthetvking Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    another show given its UK premier by Netflix, this seems to be a trend :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    Just finished season 1 any idea when season 2 will be available in uk?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dmbrandist wrote: »
    Just finished season 1 any idea when season 2 will be available in uk?

Season 1 isn't avalibale in the UK, so season 2 ain't coming along anytime soon. You may as well watch season 2 the same way you watched season 1.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    007Fusion wrote: »
    Season 1 isn't avalibale in the UK, so season 2 ain't coming along anytime soon. You may as well watch season 2 the same way you watched season 1.

I watched season 1 on netflix, which is available in the uk, but season 2 isn't on there. Oh well hopefully it'll be available some way for us to watch in the near future
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dmbrandist wrote: »
    I watched season 1 on netflix, which is available in the uk, but season 2 isn't on there. Oh well hopefully it'll be available some way for us to watch in the near future

Of course. I was thinking about TV. Maybe you could try Amazon..?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tried that, again it's only season 1.
  • Options
    NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its already been available on Netflix, iTunes and ABC Studios On Demand via Sky, but Melissa & Joey gets its UK television premier on E4 from Monday 28th July. They will be airing double bills every weekday from 3pm.
  • Options
    MishcollMishcoll Posts: 12,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love this show - I bought the 1st series on dvd and watched it over 3 days as I was enjoying it so much, hopefully series 2 will be released at some point.
  • Options
    Neighbours_FanNeighbours_Fan Posts: 7,514
    Forum Member
    I started watching it On Demand a couple of weeks ago and I'm on season 2 now. I really enjoy it.