Options

Bad song choice for John?

louloubelle1978louloubelle1978 Posts: 703
Forum Member
✭✭
John A seems like a nice lad, who now may be voted out because of song choice.

I actually love "One Sweet Day" and it was an immense long time number 1 in the states, but always felt it better if anyone were to sing it on a show like X factor the song should be sang by a group.

I watched John's performance last night, and thought he would have been so much better doing a more dancey RnB number like Usher's "You Remind Me" or a Neyo number. He seems like he is a good dancer, and maybe a number by one of these guys would have made him a bit more memerable :)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    His song choice sucked. It could be costly. I hope not.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Terrible song choice. Made him bland and dull when he really isn't.

If he stays, get him to sing more stuff like John Legend or that ilk.
  • Options
    Faria262Faria262 Posts: 6,952
    Forum Member
    I like gthe song, because I love JLS and their version, but they sang it during a limited Mariah theme week. John had so many more current songs to choose from, like those that you mentioned. As he hasn't had much airtime and was on rather early considering there were 16 acts in total, it doesn't look good for him tonight, although other acts were worse and will probably be safe :)

Oh, and forget 18 weeks at No1 in the States, One Sweet Dsy was a chart topper in New Zealand, you know! :D

xxxx
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Terrible song choice and his styling looked dated. Really looked like he stepped right out of 1994 last night
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    TBH I think it's more like a bad career choice for John ....pleasant guy that he is
  • Options
    MikePJBMikePJB Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    Awful choice. It seemed like something Andy Abraham would have done on the show. Not current at all. They had so many recent songs to choose from.
  • Options
    rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah it was a shame, he actually had a really good voice underneath that sh*t choice.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MikePJB wrote: »
    Awful choice. It seemed like something Andy Abraham would have done on the show. Not current at all. They had so many recent songs to choose from.

Just look at recent UK number ones. He could have done Iyaz, Jason Derulo, Bruno Mars (with or without BOB), Ne-Yo, Taio Cruz to name but a few
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely a bad song choice. Just too bland and dated.
  • Options
    louloubelle1978louloubelle1978 Posts: 703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have know idea why, but it's like they styled him to look like Bobby Brown during his Dont Be Cruel/My Perogative days...

John is not my favourite (I like Matt or Aiden), but I do think he deserved a whole lot better as its his first live appearance to put on a "show" and to stand out. Especially since the field has been upped to 16!

Wagner was a wild card choice, and he seemed to have much more of a show/staging than what John had!

I hope he stays in and show what I think he is capable off or at least a bit of the real John, bless him.
  • Options
    rockjackrockjack Posts: 13,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do feel John may be eliminated because of this

He should of sang contemporary, he has done throughout auditions, Is a shame:(

Wonder if his survival song will be modern?:confused:
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah he was stitched up. The producers obviously feel Mary, Storm and Wagner have more mileage in the overs.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 415
    Forum Member
    Rubbish song choice, thanks Louie! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the song choice was shocking... to be honest he really is very good, i think he needed a more current chart song rather than the song he was given but then i dont think louis is great at chosing songs at all for anyone!