The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 47)

Comments

• penguinpersonpenguinperson Posts: 16,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ESCNation is just plain nasty!

And if I see one more "sassy black woman" gif on there, I won't be responsible for my actions.

ESCnation doesn't have a forum where you can post images unless linked to an external site. ESCforum is gif heaven for New York (this woman https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-Cc-q7kAfX5Y/TjIpl7NaxhI/AAAAAAAABVQ/TZG7BY4hHUE/missny-eyerollchamp.gif )
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only two weeks left till we know our entry :)

oh and only 5 national finals to go :( only Romania and Sweden will be clashing I think.
  • BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The bookies and Eurovision? Like I value there opinion, I have my perfectly tuned ears to form my own opinion.

*their
  • BigBmadBigBmad Posts: 18,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The bookies and Eurovision? Like I value there opinion, I have my perfectly tuned ears to form my own opinion.

Okay whatever. Got a mighty attitude on you
  • BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phill363 wrote: »
    Only two weeks left till we know our entry :)

oh and only 5 national finals to go :( only Romania and Sweden will be clashing I think.

Like Chickens says though, only 6 months to go til we get new songs from Switzerland:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBAnne wrote: »
    Like Chickens says though, only 6 months to go til we get new songs from Switzerland:D

Hahaha thank god for Switzerland bet Lys is already planning her entry.

I swear NF season doesn't normally feel like it goes by so fast
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member

Followed by another 6 months of hearing the winner played at every possible ESC-related event ;)
  • LongBallPleaseLongBallPlease Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *their

Their, quite correct.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    globbits wrote: »
    Followed by another 6 months of hearing the winner played at every possible ESC-related event ;)

I really grew to hate the 'uh oh, uh oh, uh ho' part of Running Scared last year :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BigBmad wrote: »
    Hahaha thank god for Switzerland bet Lys is already planning her entry.

I swear NF season doesn't normally feel like it goes by so fast

It's been more spread out this year with reveals and finals so had a nice 'flow' as Lys would say :D. Jan is still quite a quiet month though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay whatever. Got a mighty attitude on you

Lol, thats a huge assumption to make from two sentences.
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I look forward to hearing gems like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioZQS6ny1OI

Not sure if its eligible for the Martina's but it should be :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's been more spread out this year with reveals and finals so had a nice 'flow' as Lys would say :D. Jan is still quite a quiet month though.

Awww I feel sorry for Lys I wonder if she will ever give up her dream. Surely she has got the hint she won't be representing Switzerland again though
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Awww I feel sorry for Lys I wonder if she will ever give up her dream. Surely she has got the hint she won't be representing Switzerland again though

I'm sure she will be looking forward to the Diamond Anniversary in 2016:eek: (Who wants to bet now the 2016 logo is a diamond :D)

MF juries
    Cyprus
    France
    Iceland
    Israel
    Italy
    Croatia
    Malta
    Spain
    United Kingdom
    Germany
    Ukraine
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure she will be looking forward to the Diamond Anniversary in 2016:eek: (Who wants to bet now the 2016 logo is a diamond :D)

MF juries
    Cyprus
    France
    Iceland
    Israel
    Italy
    Croatia
    Malta
    Spain
    United Kingdom
    Germany
    Ukraine

She will be 93 then, poor old soul lol.
  • steeleuro_wolfsteeleuro_wolf Posts: 13,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol, thats a huge assumption to make from two sentences.

Not just those two sentences. More like everything I've ever seen you post.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She will be 93 then, poor old soul lol.

Let's hope the Swiss are hosting then :D
  • steeleuro_wolfsteeleuro_wolf Posts: 13,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just checked the MelFest odds again, Bet365 have opened a market now as well. Best prices for each act:

YOHIO 4/9
    Ralf Gyllenhammar 7/2
    Ulrik Munther 11/2
    Robin Stjernberg 14/1
    Anton Ewald 14/1
    Louise Hoffsten 25/1
    Sean Banan 40/1
    State of Drama 50/1
    Ravaillacz 50/1
    David Lindgren 50/1

Yohio, Robin and Anton's prices are shortening, whereas all the others except Louise are drifting to an extent (even Ralf and Ulrik). Bearing in mind the last time the bookies got the winner wrong was with Nanne in 2005, who would have won easily under today's system, Yohio's starting to look good to win this thing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not just those two sentences. More like everything I've ever seen you post.

I don't think we have similar tastes in music.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just checked the MelFest odds again, Bet365 have opened a market now as well. Best prices for each act:

YOHIO 4/9
    Ralf Gyllenhammar 7/2
    Ulrik Munther 11/2
    Robin Stjernberg 14/1
    Anton Ewald 14/1
    Louise Hoffsten 25/1
    Sean Banan 40/1
    State of Drama 50/1
    Ravaillacz 50/1
    David Lindgren 50/1

Yohio, Robin and Anton's prices are shortening, whereas all the others except Louise are drifting to an extent (even Ralf and Ulrik). Bearing in mind the last time the bookies got the winner wrong was with Nanne in 2005, who would have won easily under today's system, Yohio's starting to look good to win this thing.

Would be a shame if Yohio won, can't believe David'd 50/1, might be worth a sneaky pound.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And Begging is worth an each way bet.
  • rosetta12rosetta12 Posts: 4,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Imagine how annoyed everyone must have been with Ireland's hat-trick in the 90's!
    Yeah, good job there weren't internet forums back then ;)
    (Especially as the only time they *really* deserved to win in my opinion was '96... That's a true timeless classic!)
    Bulgaria - This is blander than All Bran. Where is the heart? It's repeatative and lifeless, no flavour whatsoever. This is going to be really low on my list.
    "Bland" is imo the last adjective to apply to Bulgaria... Strange, different, hypnotic, yes, but "bland"?! :confused: And the repetitiveness is what makes it hypnotic ;)

(Am I really the only one to like Bulgaria here..?)
  • contejascontejas Posts: 8,958
    Forum Member
    rosetta12 wrote: »
    Yeah, good job there weren't internet forums back then ;)
    (Especially as the only time they *really* deserved to win in my opinion was '96... That's a true timeless classic!)

"Bland" is imo the last adjective to apply to Bulgaria... Strange, different, hypnotic, yes, but "bland"?! :confused: And the repetitiveness is what makes it hypnotic ;)

Disagree with you about Ireland (and that's with the UK coming runner up to them more than once!) but I AGREE with you on Bulgaria...I may prefer it slightly to shampy wampy or whatever it's called...;)
  • kvnkvn Posts: 8,782
    Forum Member
    rosetta12 wrote: »

I can only speak for myself but I think it's bloody awful. Infact it sounds worse everytime I listen to it. Sorry :o

I've been listening to Heartbreak Hotel today to try and make myself like it. It ain't happening for me.

Still hoping Louise, Ulrik or Ralf can cause an upset
  • spindiddlyspindiddly Posts: 4,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So I caught up with last night and I love Bulgaria. I really liked Samo Shampioni too though. To be honest, I think I'd still love it Elitsa just wailed for 3 minutes with no words at all and Stoyan played the drums. :p Nothing on the level of 'Water' but that is an exceptionally high standard to be aiming for. Kismet goes into my top 3 with Germany & Ukraine. :)

Like Serbia too. I've hated all their entries since 08 so this is a nice change.
This discussion has been closed.