New pros

Strictly_fanStrictly_fan Posts: 16,664
Forum Member
✭✭
So will we have any new pros next year. They will probably be a new female pro to replace Ola if there is 8 male celebs. Maybe a hot young male dancer too :p

Comments

• Ellie1967Ellie1967 Posts: 2,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've no particular problem with any of the current pros, but if they do bring in any new ones I think they desperately need some taller dancers. I know pro dancers can 'work around' weird height differences, but I think it looks so much better when a couple 'fits' together.

It also might be interesting if they brought in a couple of younger dancers so that we could maybe have more Louisa Lytton type contestants without the rumba etc. being uncomfortable. I realise this may be difficult as I assume young ballroom trained dancers are looking to compete rather than go straight on a show like Strictly?
  • bendymixerbendymixer Posts: 18,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    there are plenty of young pro dancers around, would be nice to see one or two of them on show - hopefully homegrown dancers and maybe not BTF ones either
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bendymixer wrote: »
    there are plenty of young pro dancers around, would be nice to see one or two of them on show - hopefully homegrown dancers and maybe not BTF ones either

Most young pro dancers are still competing, and unlikely to want to tie up the time Strictly takes, and there's not many Brit pro dancers who are decent all-rounders.

I don't mind the BTF ones providing they come from an in depth ballroom and Latin background. Such as Matt Cutler, for example, who was one of the fave pros on Strictly, but he came to it from BTF.
  • bendymixerbendymixer Posts: 18,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kaycee wrote: »
    Most young pro dancers are still competing, and unlikely to want to tie up the time Strictly takes, and there's not many Brit pro dancers who are decent all-rounders.

I don't mind the BTF ones providing they come from an in depth ballroom and Latin background. Such as Matt Cutler, for example, who was one of the fave pros on Strictly, but he came to it from BTF.

yeah but Matt was not a typical BTF person and was competing too, but do get your point we have a couple of ex pupils still involved with BTF one in particular is a good all rounder champion latin as adult at national level and competed to high standard in juniors at ballroom too and he is under 25 but don't think he would be offered SCD to be honest too small only around Kev's height - but too many BTF people on dwts or scd shows around the world do not have in depth ballroom and latin(like Karen and Janette on SCD) and Janette's partner from BTF was appalling on Oz tv - but seems TPTB are only recruiting from the show - hope it changes
  • FunkyFoxtrotFunkyFoxtrot Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe Gordana- Trent's wife could be a natural to replace Ola, she has done "extra's/support dancing" this season already.
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would personally love to see Crystal Main as a pro on the show, brilliant dancer, fabulous teacher - she was part of the Dance Troupe on Strictly and I think she would make a great addition to the Strictly family
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So will we have any new pros next year. They will probably be a new female pro to replace Ola if there is 8 male celebs. Maybe a hot young male dancer too :p

I think Gordana will be the new female pro and Aljaz fills the role of hot young male dancer perfectly for me :)
  • PashultyPashulty Posts: 9,384
    Forum Member
    I think (hope) Anya will return instead of Ola next year ... she has already been involved backstage with choreography this year and also in quite a few pro routines ... makes complete sense to bring her back ... :)

I really hope Trent will return too .... in place of Robin or Anton or Brendan even.... Trent has definitely earned his stripes this year as far as I am concerned ... :)

Tristan must return... :D:D .. I must admit for completely shallow reasons ... :D:D
  • GoinGagaGoinGaga Posts: 3,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pashulty wrote: »
    I think (hope) Anya will return instead of Ola next year ... she has already been involved backstage with choreography this year and also in quite a few pro routines ... makes complete sense to bring her back ... :)

I really hope Trent will return too .... in place of Robin or Anton or Brendan even.... Trent has definitely earned his stripes this year as far as I am concerned ... :)

Tristan must return... :D:D .. I must admit for completely shallow reasons ... :D:D

I'm with you on that one :D
  • backstageonebackstageone Posts: 244
    Forum Member
    I don't see Robin coming back next year.
  • duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can I ask what BTF IS ?
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GoinGaga wrote: »
    I'm with you on that one :D

Oh me too! :D
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member