Options

Eastenders - 26th December 2014 | Little Punching Boy

Comments

• Options
    jojo2008jojo2008 Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm gutted Stan is going :( Without doubt the best of the Carter clan for me
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sw2963 wrote: »
    It's disconcerting to note that I've got the same jacket as Shirley from Tesco

:o Quick, call the helpline! :D

I thought that was a pretty good ep, shame Dean didn't get more of a kicking and I think thought Stan would be a bit more devastated. Ronnie taking over Dot's house is making me twitch a bit.
  • Options
    malaikahmalaikah Posts: 20,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mick just made me cry!
  • Options
    SMIDSYmk2SMIDSYmk2 Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    I don't find either very funny, although only an excuse used to be

Only an Excuse is always a Hogmany tradition, although I agree it lost its touch a few years ago. Still game has always been hit and miss for me, Chewin the Fat was much better
  • Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    LHolmes wrote: »
    She's going to feel awful when the truth comes out but I don't blame her for siding with Dean.

I agree. I'm not sure by siding with Dean, the bridges between Shirley and her family will be burned completely. We need Buster to hurry up and come back, Shirley needs someone on her side.
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,274
    Forum Member
    ICON111 wrote: »
    Much better than the yesterday's ep. Danny has been brilliant throughout these Xmas episode.

Agreed.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The trailers always overhype whilst the actual episodes do not deliver.

Well I Don't know how much more of the vic could have beem trashed to satisfy you tbh.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow, what an episode!!!!

Timothy West was incredible!!!! Danny Dyer and Kellie Bright continue to excel!
  • Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    Dakota. wrote: »
    I think he genuinely believes he hasn't done anything wrong

I'm on the fence. I think he does know on some level but has convinced himself that he didn't.
  • Options
    TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SMIDSYmk2 wrote: »
    Only an Excuse is always a Hogmany tradition, although I agree it lost its touch a few years ago. Still game has always been hit and miss for me, Chewin the Fat was much better

I think the stage show of SG fell flat.
  • Options
    StykerStyker Posts: 49,871
    Forum Member
    I have a horrible feeling about Nancy :( I think she will believe Dean :(

Won't matter if she does. What matters is that Mick believes her and yesterdays episode in him asking her exactly what happened was really good as he was able to work out exactly how it happened too and he acknowledged it. Also they all need to realise what makes them think that Linda would play away with Dean? He's a full of himself and overated looks wise pratt!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to say the best thing about this storyline has been the chemistry between Danny Dyer and Kellie Bright, they are perfect as Mick and Linda and really work well together.
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do like that Mick believes Linda straight away. That was well done.
  • Options
    KatrinaKKatrinaK Posts: 32,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ell_Ren wrote: »
    I'm on the fence. I think he does know on some level but has convinced himself that he didn't.

That is EXACTLY it.

A rapist knows when they've raped someone - especially when that person said no multiple times.

Dean's convinced himself it wasn't rape for a number of reasons but when you scratch the surface, he knows.

His face over the last 3 months says it all.
  • Options
    KatrinaKKatrinaK Posts: 32,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to say the best thing about this storyline has been the chemistry between Danny Dyer and Kellie Bright, they are perfect as Mick and Linda and really work well together.

I agree. They work so well together. Great chemistry and rapport there. They're a sure thing for best partnership at the next BSA's.
  • Options
    SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mick first pub rampage. He's now an EE legend.

Second only to Peggy Mitchell! :D
  • Options
    StykerStyker Posts: 49,871
    Forum Member

I heard Kellie Bright being interviewed on BBC Radio 5 after Children in Need and it was obvious she really is a nice, lovely cool person, so I doubt anyone would take a disliking to her on a personal level.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    0...0 wrote: »

I agree. I love their relationship
  • Options
    UnlikelyHeroineUnlikelyHeroine Posts: 1,524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    0...0 wrote: »

Yes, agreed. The way they have written the characters and their relationship, it wouldn't make sense for him to doubt her for a second - and he didn't.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a difficult one, because usually when the soaps do a 'ambiguous' rape storyline, they play it like the two people were getting on/drunk and then it progresses with the woman protesting quietly, and then the man being oh-so shocked with what he's done once he realises months later. EE on the other hand has played it really differently, it was neither very violent nor very 'ambiguous' (for want of a better word). So Dean doesn't even realise at all what he's done, whereas Linda is in doubt what he did and doesn't question herself at all. It's interesting and makes for a unique portrayal, and shows just how many different victims of rape there are.
  • Options
    RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great episode! Even better than last night's episode.

Really enjoyed that! Loved the Carter scenes. Very well acted by everyone. Stan's reaction was very powerful, Shirley's confession was emotional and the continuation of Mick's rage buliding up was also very effective. I was waiting for Mick to go crazy and it was worth it. Seeing him break down at the end because of the whole situation was heart-breaking. I really love his relationship with Linda and I knew that the minute he found out that she left, he would finally snap. Having him go crazy while everyone was there made it even more better and effective. You could really feel the emotions he was going through which was quite intense. I also liked the scene with Stacey and Linda, I have really liked watching the recent scenes they've had together this week. I'm also glad Kat hasn't forgiven Alfie but unfortuantely i know this isn't going to last which is annoying.

Danny Dyer, Kellie Bright, Linda Henry, Annette Badland and Timothy West were brilliant tonight! Everyone was on top form! :)

Just out of curiosity, when do Nancy and Lee find out? By now, I think they'll realise that something's wrong after their father trash the vic. This would also have beeen a good opportunity to showcase Lee's anger like the way he was with Ben. Oh well. It will be interesting to see how they both react.

M only complaint was that it was too short lived. Wish the episode was longer than 27 minutes but it was still a strong episode! Really enjoyed that! Excellent viewing! I look forward to the next coming week! That trailer was also really good. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Styker wrote: »
    I heard Kellie Bright being interviewed on BBC Radio 5 after Children in Need and it was obvious she really is a nice, lovely cool person, so I doubt anyone would take a disliking to her on a personal level.

For whatever reason they've both clicked really well, probably because they are nice and easy to get on with in real life. The whole of the Carter family seem quiet close in RL.
  • Options
    GillT07GillT07 Posts: 1,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Resis wrote: »
    Pretty sure Emma said "you" not "she"

She did.
  • Options
    bean_of_sbbean_of_sb Posts: 7,841
    Forum Member
    I think it would have worked better with the first 30 minutes of yesterday's ep being the xmas eve episode, and the last 30 minutes and today's episode being the xmas day episode.

Timothy West is just incredible, he will be sorely missed
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Last night was good but tonight was excellent.

Stars of the show were Tim West, Danny Dyer, Linda Henry and Kellie Bright.