Options

Dualshock Charging

TheVoidTheVoid Posts: 3,086
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone else finding they charge their controller a lot?

I've played Alien and CoD recently which both use the vibrate and speaker options a lot, so could it just be that?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PS4 controller battery life is complete crap. Have a look on Google it's a well known problem.
  • Options
    SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PS4 controller battery life is complete crap. Have a look on Google it's a well known problem.

2 or 3 days (maximum) that's what I get! :( ... & naturally the more the battery gets charged the quicker it'll deteriorate! :(

(XBox pads last for weeks, with daily usage!) :)
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    has the op only just realised this??

i grabbed a couple of the official Sony chargers....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    has the op only just realised this??

i grabbed a couple of the official Sony chargers....

OR an extremely long USB cable lol! 👍
  • Options
    simon69csimon69c Posts: 1,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I just have two controllers along with the charging dock. Alternate the controllers and leave them on charge whenever not in use. That way even if I do manage to run out of juice on one I can just grab the other and carry on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SimonB79 wrote: »

i havent tried them yet, they are in the cupboard:blush:
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

(XBox pads last for weeks, with daily usage!) :)

I should bloody hope so, especially when you're forced to pay seperately for the batteries / C&P kits.

Luckily I've got 2 DS4s so I just alternate them. I've also got a 3m USB as back up so the battery life has thankfully never caused me an issue.
  • Options
    The SackThe Sack Posts: 10,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dualshock 4, is great for the environment, mine is on charge more than a smartphone, it must have taken real skill to pack such a shit battery in it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Sack wrote: »
    Dualshock 4, is great for the environment, mine is on charge more than a smartphone, it must have taken real skill to pack such a shit battery in it.

Wii U says hi. It's even worse.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    & naturally the more the battery gets charged the quicker it'll deteriorate! :(

No they wont, lithium based cells are dying the second they are put together due to their chemistry, they will be dead through suicide before charging knackers it up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Really? Blimey the DS4 only lasts 5 or 6 hours and that's your lot, its hard to imagine something even worse.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No they wont, lithium based cells are dying the second they are put together due to their chemistry, they will be dead through suicide before charging knackers it up.

Ive still got a launch day PS3 sixaxis that holds charge no problem. My 360 C&P kits are long dead though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ive still got a launch day PS3 sixaxis tje holds charge no problem. My 360 C&P kits are long dead though.

Therefore i rest my case your honour, charging has done nothing to it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really? Blimey the DS4 only lasts 5 or 6 hours and that's your lot, its hard to imagine something even worse.

Yeah, it's about 3 hours thanks to the screen and speakers. The pro controllers last for ages though.
  • Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ive still got a launch day PS3 sixaxis that holds charge no problem.

Sixaxis FTW, no battery draining rumble feature :D

My Sixaxis controllers lost the ability to hold a charge properly years ago.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That doesn't make sense because I've just had to replace my iPad & blackberry (phone) batteries because they weren't holding their charge very long! :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I should bloody hope so, especially when you're forced to pay seperately for the batteries / C&P kits.

Luckily I've got 2 DS4s so I just alternate them. I've also got a 3m USB as back up so the battery life has thankfully never caused me an issue.

Probably costs more to keep em charged (via mains) then it does ta buy batteries! :o:blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

i bought the big battery from Amazon:blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably costs more to keep em charged (via mains) then it does ta buy batteries! :o:blush:

Considering keeping an iPad charged costs an average of 87p a year, I don't think a couple of joypads with batteries 1/3 of the size are adding much to my electricity bill.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That's what I done in the end :D I got a long USB extension lead.

I have a P&C battery in my Xbox One controller which lasts ages.

Whoever choose that awful PS4 controller battery should be fired. My original PS3 controller battery from almost 5 years ago still holds a 10 hour charge.