Austria to re-run Presidential Election

124»

Comments

• IamParadoxIamParadox Posts: 766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Welsh-lad wrote: »
    Not hysteria - wry acceptance of the nasty climate your campaign caused and continues to inspire.
    Alexander von der Bellen(d) and Marine Le Pen - two huge fans of Brexit and your campaign. Says it all really.

How did Brexit effect the Hungarian postal vote?

There is those on left who support Iran and proscribed terrorist groups. Says it all really.
  • CoronakidCoronakid Posts: 691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Idda wrote: »
    I don't see what the problem is in understanding this. Voting irregularities is not necessarily the same as voting fraud, fraud would suggest a deliberate attempt to influence the result of the election. There could be all sorts of reasons for irregularities, there could have been any number of mistakes or oversights in following election rules and procedures. Also it's possible that rules and procedures could have been disregarded deliberately for reasons other than attempting to influence the outcome of the election, for instance pressure to get results in as quickly as possible, and that doesn't appear to constitute fraud under Austrian law at least.

Perhaps analogous to a fire in the building postal votes were stored in ? There need be no fraud for there to be a compelling case to re-run an extremely close election.
  • FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That is your definition of the far right. The problem with the left is they get to define who is far right and get to define what the far right believe and want to do. It does not matter what anyone on the right says they believe and want, the left are adamant that what the far right want is what the left say they want.

I'm not far left, I'm centrist/centre left with liberal views towards equality (or just generally don't be an arse to people and take them for who they are).

But anyway, they are classified as far right and have set goals. So if you believe otherwise you've got an uphill mountain to prove they are otherwise.

What do you class them as? Centre right? Lol
  • NodgerNodger Posts: 6,668
    Forum Member
    Fizix wrote: »
    I'm not far left, I'm centrist/centre left with liberal views towards equality (or just generally don't be an arse to people and take them for who they are).

But anyway, they are classified as far right and have set goals. So if you believe otherwise you've got an uphill mountain to prove they are otherwise.

What do you class them as? Centre right? Lol

I'm sorry, Fizix. We discussed this extensively earlier. The classification is tenuous in the here and now, today, 2016 and the uphill mountain belongs to those that make the classification in the absence of evidence, based on the definition of far right you gave yourself. So I ask again, what rhetoric, policies and encouragement to their support do they (the FOP) give that definitely encompasses that (your) definition and classification?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nodger wrote: »
    I'm sorry, Fizix. We discussed this extensively earlier. The classification is tenuous in the here and now, today, 2016 and the uphill mountain belongs to those that make the classification in the absence of evidence, based on the definition of far right you gave yourself. So I ask again, what rhetoric, policies and encouragement to their support do they (the FOP) give that definitely encompasses that (your) definition and classification?

I haven't got time to go through the politics of these political parties and explain in detail how they are far right. Maybe over the weekend if I've got time. But what you're trying to push here is that the rest of the developed world is wrong in where these political parties are placed so I'm not going to be convinced they are otherwise easily.
  • BethnalGreenBethnalGreen Posts: 12,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not hysteria - wry acceptance of the nasty climate your campaign caused and continues to inspire.
    Alexander von der Bellen(d) and Marine Le Pen - two huge fans of Brexit and your campaign. Says it all really.

Clearly your original comment was hysteria and quite wrong. If we had 'remained' their court would have come to this conclusion anyway, so nothing to do with us. What else would you like to blame Brexit for?
  • IddaIdda Posts: 2,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clearly your original comment was hysteria and quite wrong. If we had 'remained' their court would have come to this conclusion anyway, so nothing to do with us. What else would you like to blame Brexit for?

Bellen(d) was the guy who won, Hofer was the FPO candidate :D
  • BethnalGreenBethnalGreen Posts: 12,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ah so Bellen is probably seething right now at being called a fan of Brexit! :D
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member

Van der Bellend as you call him was the Green who originally won thanks to the hard work of the Austrian post office. I think you mean Hofer the FPO candidate perhaps?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bump to reveal missing post
  • Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,924
    Forum Member
    Ah so Bellen is probably seething right now at being called a fan of Brexit! :D

Haha - oopsey -.got the names confused :blush::D
    Bellen does come across as a bit drippy though so perhaps it wasn't that inaccurate!

@ BethnalGreen. I didn't mean brexit affected the judge's decision nor the postal vote. What I meant was that today the Austrian far right said they felt heartened and energised by the brexit and they will now campaign for the same for Austria with added fervour.