Best ALAHNM of the series so far?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    Damn you peaceablegenie. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to say, sam proved to me on the final she had the potential to have been a great nancy, I thought she did really well :) I actually preferred her as long as he needs me to jodies. Jessie's for me though was a class above all of them :)
  • SeymourSeymour Posts: 8,248
    Forum Member
    Rachel/Jessie still the best for me.
  • WillowFaeWillowFae Posts: 5,225
    Forum Member
    I never thought I'd say it, but ... Jessie.
  • PsychosisPsychosis Posts: 18,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh wow :eek: :eek: Those two performances are a league above ALL of the others we've seen, IMO. Went out for a birthday meal and missed those two.
  • peaceablegenie2peaceablegenie2 Posts: 13,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aleksis wrote: »
    Damn you peaceablegenie. ;)
    hehe :D:D
    Psychosis wrote: »
    Oh wow :eek: :eek: Those two performances are a league above ALL of the others we've seen, IMO.

yup, both great :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,567
    Forum Member
    jessie :D followed by Sam.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    jessie :D followed by Sam.

Sam's was the best... follwed by Jessie... followed by rachel
  • VolvicanVolvican Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    I think Jodie's was best, followed by Sam. The thing is, it's kind of unfair to judge those 'leaving' performances as what they would be doing with that song day in and day out in performance. They themselves and the watchers seem to be reacting so much on the emotion of the IDA 'event'. When really, if most of those performances were in the show itself, esp. Jessie's and Rachel's (whom I liked best) they were be completely and utterly OTT. Jodie's hit the proper note - emotionally connected with the lyric first, somewhat measured yet potent and under control.

I always think it's useful to remember in these types of 'talent' shows (though the ALW ones are somewhat less prone to it as others) is that typically, the winner proves that they are the one 'most able to win the competition' which DOES NOT automatically translate into 'most likely to be the best person for the job'. In fact, in some shows like X-Factor and the defunct Pop-Idol, it's sometimes the opposite.
  • Flamethrower100Flamethrower100 Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Jessie's was absalutly brilliant. Sam's was the best I've heard her sing yet. It was very good.
    If I'm honest I wasn't sure about Jodie's version of it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jessie
    world class
  • nancy1975nancy1975 Posts: 19,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jessie.

Outstanding, totally, totally brilliant.

Too much face pulling from Jodie.
  • anna42hmranna42hmr Posts: 2,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i loved sams, and it was the best imo
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    I felt Jessies was the best until Jodie performed it after she won (I know that they shouldnt be compared as Jodie had the long version), I felt Jodie then really lived it and deserved to win if that is the performance she will give every night.
  • ESPIONdansantESPIONdansant Posts: 6,760
    Forum Member
    Jodie.
  • Flamethrower100Flamethrower100 Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jodie.

Do either of these clips look like they have Jodie in them.
  • ESPIONdansantESPIONdansant Posts: 6,760
    Forum Member
    Jodie.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 130
    Forum Member
    Jessie...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 285
    Forum Member
    Ashley, Rachel and Jodie are my favourites, just amazing.
  • KerryisElphieKerryisElphie Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    Keisha and Jodie's second in the Final :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jodie........
  • MamaboogieMamaboogie Posts: 3,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jodie - we are allowed to answer the OP aren't we?

(Jessie was good too)
  • camdenmaccamdenmac Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Jodie's second one, then Sarah and Jessie
  • mimi dlcmimi dlc Posts: 13,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jodies, but not for the usual reason.

I mean her second version, and that's because it was the long version.
    The 4 lines they were using as the Goodbye song were the climax to quite a long song: check out the film version on youTube. (sorry i can't post the link but i'm a bit of a technophobe). Yes, those four lines give a great opportunity for a final belt, but the whole song gives so much more subtlety.
    Sadness, love, regret, uncertainty (which would explain why Rachael shaking her head during the line - i'm sure he does need me- made a lot more sense than a lot of people gave her credit for)

I would have loved to hear all the girls doing the entire long version but the repetiton wouldn't have made great TV..

Short version... Rachaels. And from the front stalls, you wouldn't have seen anything amiss with her expression at the very end.
  • _Zd_Phoenix__Zd_Phoenix_ Posts: 5,081
    Forum Member
    Jessie's has now joined Rachel's to be my faves now. I loved Rachel because she did something so different with it and made it an actors performance, but I saw Jessie doing it on this night on over which she'd done so, so well - and bear in mind that coming into the final I thought Jessie was third best - and she just WAS Nancy for me. I'd had flashes of it from Rachel a couple of times, but that was the moment where I could truly see it Nancy before my very eyes.

Great stuff.