Options

Strange sounds being heard around the world.

123457»

Comments

• Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leanna1989 wrote: »
    This is a forum. I stated what I believe. Other people asked questions so I answered them. If you don't like the discussion then you can ignore it. I don't think I was way off-topic or anything.

I never said you were off-topic. I never said you shouldn't state your beliefs. Nor was I criticizing your beliefs. I actually said I admired your defence of your faith. Just because I might disagree with certain views, that doesn't mean I should ignore them. If I did, and only sought out what I agreed with, that would make me narrow-minded and arrogant. I was questioning your use of the term 'hard to convince'. That's all.:)
  • Options
    OrbSpinnerOrbSpinner Posts: 301
    Forum Member
    Awesome!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am a Christian as well, but for what it's worth I don't think we are anywhere near "end times".

Of course Christians since Paul's time were adamant they were living in "end times", and Christians have always believed this.

I can easily see another 5000 years passing. God is patient and as time passes more and more people are becoming Christians, so that can only be good.

Again, I just feel like the signs point us toward being in the End Times. I know quite a few people who really feel that way.

Nobody really knows for sure.

It's better to be prepared anyway.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Again, I just feel like the signs point us toward being in the End Times. I know quite a few people who really feel that way.

How does one prepare for the 'End Times'?

If the world ends, we're all screwed :D
  • Options
    You_moYou_mo Posts: 11,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How does one prepare for the 'End Times'?

Lots and lots of tinfoil I've heard.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member

How do you prepare?

Even if you managed to build a bunker miles and miles down and stock it with food and water, you're still going to die.
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zexstream wrote: »
    Just started to happen this week according to the reports from people claiming to have heard them.

This has been going on for months and imho is turning into a long running prank/hoax. It's certainly nothing new.

The tell tail signs are all there that these are hoax videos. The videos are always shot by persons alone and there is never anyone else in the footage. They're very vacant shots of the sky/outside world with some weird noise, which could well be added over the video at a later point or some other natural local noise.

And what 'people' have heard the noise? Is there evidence of people on twitter discussing it? When I smell a weird smell outside all I have to do is type in my town and smell into twitter and I can find people who are also smelling it and I can normally find the source. Where are all the people discussing random weird noises in these places?

And now whenever someone hears a weird noise they can't explain they think it's this whole thing.

If video started popping up of an entire street of people out in the road going 'wtf is that noise' and lots of people all commenting on it, or just a group of passers by looking up and wondering what the noise is, then I might start having time for this whole story. But when videos surface filmed by one person on their own with text put at the end and suggestions of conspiracy etc.. then it's very easy to conclude we're seeing and hearing what the person wanted us to see and hear.

They're fake hoax videos. I might make one later. I'll just point a camera out of my flat, look up at the sky and surrounding buildings and then put some weird audio noise over it. Then speculate it's someone trying to drill to the center of the earth. Viola.
  • Options
    AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a theory that the sounds are a viral marketing campaign for the unrealeased game Mass Effect 3, as the sound is very similar to sounds used in behind the scenes footage of the game's production and the first few locations are all linked to the company that is producing it, with the rest of the videos using the same sound but changed slightly to sound unique.

It's the most plausible explanation also, as the only eyewitness accounts of it are people posting on the internet and therefore fantasists, and the only genuine news report has been a report on the videos rather than the sounds.
  • Options
    You_moYou_mo Posts: 11,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're certainly a lot easier to make and much creepier than crop circles. A camera phone, a pirate edition of Sony Vegas and some time learning an online tuturial. As horror makers have known for years it's what you can't see that scares as our imagination fills in the blanks.
  • Options
    Black CloudBlack Cloud Posts: 7,057
    Forum Member
    edEx wrote: »
    You actually believe that the Mayans came up with the accepted method of recording human time? :D

How then were medieval abbeys at the end of the 13th century fitted with mechanical clocks? Surely we would have had to wait until at least 1492 for such devices to appear in Europe? Or are you thinking these advanced and prescient Mayans were secretly crossing the Atlantic and building the clocks themselves?

The Mayan Calendar is based on a 360 day cycle. They couldn't even predict the length of a year, let alone when the world is going to end.

BTW, just for reference, the Babylonians came up with our calendar, including the various units that make up a day.

21/12/12 marks the end of the thirteenth Mayan 'Long Count' and since the Mayans counted in twenties (In much the same way as we count in tens) the thirteenth count is not of any significance and isn't mentioned in Mayan records.
  • Options
    SonofaBeastSonofaBeast Posts: 334
    Forum Member

The tell tail signs are all there that these are hoax videos. The videos are always shot by persons alone and there is never anyone else in the footage. They're very vacant shots of the sky/outside world with some weird noise, which could well be added over the video at a later point or some other natural local noise.

Not every video. There are several on YouTube filmed by someone as people are in front of the camera looking around to see what it is. There's one filmed in Canada with several workers in a forest looking around when hearing the noise and their colleague filming it.
  • Options
    Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The UFO's filmed in Manchester this week scares me more than those 'sounds'
  • Options
    NansbreadNansbread Posts: 2,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not every video. There are several on YouTube filmed by someone as people are in front of the camera looking around to see what it is. There's one filmed in Canada with several workers in a forest looking around when hearing the noise and their colleague filming it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtLNmdZTf_g

see it here. earth is in pain
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    DoctorbDoctorb Posts: 3,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do people believe more in the 21/12/2012 end of the world than all the other past apocalyptic scenarios? What makes this more compelling?

I don't think anybody, deep down...really believes that.
  • Options
    Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nansbread wrote: »
    They must be bloomin thin if thats the ship?!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That Youtube video was uploaded on the 24th Dec, yet the video claims to have been filmed on the 25th Dec :confused:
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No reflection in the lake below it.

Plus the object moves slightly when the car passes it, probably to make sure it's caught in the window to add a layer of 'credibility' to the video. Nice try.

Also what use are three videos from different angles if they're all filmed by the same person?

And why would an airport allow a plane to taxi under a 'UFO'? Why would the pilots of a commercial airline taxi under one?

The people in the other cars don't seem to think much of this UFO either, no one slows down and no one seems to pull over to look at it.

Sorry.. don't buy it for a second. These UFO videos are all the same. All shot by one person, all with 'proof' they're real yet no other witnesses and they're always on conspiracy sites.

Show me a video of a UFO shot by multiple people showing civilians on the ground all stood pointing up at it and those people all talking about the experience, and I might start to believe they're onto something.

It's just an illustration of how good video editing is now and how you can make things like this appear real but it's the small details that always let them down.
  • Options
    James2001James2001 Posts: 73,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    earth is in pain

The only ones in pain are those of us being forced to watch and listen to all this crap.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its happening in devon now, not the sounds but visitations

todays telegraph

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/9032391/UFO-spotted-in-Devon.html

march 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N-hZOyuOd8
  • Options
    James2001James2001 Posts: 73,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, christ :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Phil OwensPhil Owens Posts: 6,989
    Forum Member

Here's that UFO again :rolleyes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI1IoZgtZu4
  • Options
    Dr. LinusDr. Linus Posts: 6,445
    Forum Member
    I've been reading this thread out of morbid fascination: all I can say is get some perspective, people! Do people honestly believe this is the first time the end of the world has been predicted? Believe what you want but from a purely objective basis there is nothing new about this prediction. I genuinely don't get the fuss just because this one's got a date stamped on it.

Also, as a little side note, people need to stop stating their opinions as fact in here. We have religious people saying "these are the end times, we must prepare for the rapture" and more scientific people saying "the rapture is rubbish, stop believing in it". Neither are correct. They are both simply ideas. How on earth people don't realise that something that is down to personal belief is entirely and inevitably subjective and useless to anyone else, is beyond me.