A Thread For Anyone, Any Gigs, and A More General Discussion of Everything (Part 3)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think it beats Discovery (just) I mean One More Time is an anthem and there are so many gems there...but the flow and surprises across RAM....i adore it :D

as for Riri its been a while since i played one of her albums tbh...i do feel Rated R it felt like she was ready to challenge the next level and she kinda reached there and brbaved this new land and then she locked it away and on Loud, TTT and Unapologetic its like she has teased the mainstream what she saw and what she touched but made it all the more colourful and spicier and commercial....thats what i get anyhow. :)
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I created a GH style playlists of all her hits and its amazing just how many solid tracks there were but for me in terms of album GGb Rated R and Loud stand as her best. And good mimi there's no point being too nervous if the worst does happen its not like you cant do it again :)

And i love a bit fo funk new disco JP i am a sucker and RAM defo hitting the spot from what i've heard. And yeah i think RR not doing as well as GGB they went back to the more accessible pop of Loud then i feel TTT could have been soething so special had it not been so rushed Unapologetic has much more of a balance but yet continuesto miss that special something :)
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    It's so quiet around here. Has everyone gone to bed?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I so was was re-reading HP am on book #2 love me some COS :p
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,916
    Forum Member
    Morning.

Not long until my theory test now! Nervous! :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    Morning.

Not long until my theory test now! Nervous! :o

Awe don't be you revised and practiced you've done everything you need so all being good all will go well :) Try to distract yourself i remember sitting in Costa beforehand counting down the minutes NME proved a handy distraction :p
    Forum Member
    Morning! Good luck with your driving test Mimi. It won't be as bad as you think. I'm sometimes nervous before exams in college but in the end they're not so bad. Let us know how you get on :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morning! Good luck with your driving test Mimi. It won't be as bad as you think. I'm sometimes nervous before exams in college but in the end they're not so bad. Let us know how you get on :cool:

Exactly nothing like that slight apprehension and panic and before you know it its over :p
    Forum Member
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    Exactly nothing like that slight apprehension and panic and before you know it its over :p

I know :p I've been thinking about my story and I was going to rewrite the scene with the smashed Mac. Instead of Sophie smashing her Mac on the floor after getting the text from her friend about the airline woman, someone steals it while she's replying to the text and herself and some Apple Geniuses run out of the store and chase the Mac thief. Would that storyline work better? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know :p I've been thinking about my story and I was going to rewrite the scene with the smashed Mac. Instead of Sophie smashing her Mac on the floor after getting the text from her friend about the airline woman, someone steals it while she's replying to the text and herself and some Apple Geniuses run out of the store and chase the Mac thief. Would that storyline work better? :D

It'sa good storyline but there needs to be a link between it and the overall arc maybe she bumps into one of the crew who are already in LDN ?
    Forum Member
    It'sa good storyline but there needs to be a link between it and the overall arc maybe she bumps into one of the crew who are already in LDN ?

I could work on that. Maybe one of the crew sees her chasing the Mac thief and offers to help catch them while the rest steal it? Captain Sully or whatever I'll call him in the story could be the hero who saves her Mac and the flight attendants could be the evil ones who want to steal the Mac and sell it:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like that idea or the captain could be actual crew aswell as most if the others but a few at the dinner are imposters and thieves :p
    Forum Member
    Hello! I passed my theory test! I'm so happy. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

WELL DONE MIMI!!!! I knew you would how did you find it :)?
    Forum Member
    WELL DONE MIMI!!!! I knew you would how did you find it :)?

Thank you. I was really surprised because I came out thinking that I had failed, particularly on the hazard perception but I did really well on the second part. :D
    Forum Member

Congrats Mimi! I knew you could do it :D Doing anything to celebrate?
    I like that idea or the captain could be actual crew aswell as most if the others but a few at the dinner are imposters and thieves :p

I like that idea, or maybe the people who stole the Mac were imposters pretending to be the plane crew and pretending to be interested in the Mac. When the real crew arrives they catch the impostors and Cora wants to push one of them in the river but does she push in the real one or the impostor?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you. I was really surprised because I came out thinking that I had failed, particularly on the hazard perception but I did really well on the second part. :D

I was the same i thought i would have passed the multiple choice and done woefully on the Hazard but surprisingly i averaged 4's and 5's and even got the double i was so chuffed :p I'm glad you passed now its just the practical :eek: I have 2 months to go and suffice to say im already bricking it :D

And i like the idea CNBC but it might get overly complicated and make it more difficult for you to plot is all :)
    Forum Member
    And i like the idea CNBC but it might get overly complicated and make it more difficult for you to plot is all :)

It might be more complicated, but I'll have to work on it. Wouldn't an impostor of a person have to wear the exact same clothes as the real person and where would three impostors get three airline uniforms from? Here's a photo of the real flight crew: http://doughroller.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/flight-1549-crew.jpg

They look a bit hard to impersonate, don't they? :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It might be more complicated, but I'll have to work on it. Wouldn't an impostor of a person have to wear the exact same clothes as the real person and where would three impostors get three airline uniforms from? Here's a photo of the real flight crew: http://doughroller.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/flight-1549-crew.jpg

They look a bit hard to impersonate, don't they? :p

Just plot it precisely so there are no plot holes or anything that is a bit nonsensical but i have every faith you''ll work it out :p

And ill check the link now :)
    Forum Member
    I was the same i thought i would have passed the multiple choice and done woefully on the Hazard but surprisingly i averaged 4's and 5's and even got the double i was so chuffed :p I'm glad you passed now its just the practical :eek: I have 2 months to go and suffice to say im already bricking it :D

You'll be fine! Try not to worry about it, all you have to do is make the examiner feel safe. :) It's an assessment, not a test. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You'll be fine! Try not to worry about it, all you have to do is make the examiner feel safe. :) It's an assessment, not a test. :D

In all seriousness i wouldn't say i'm brilliant but definitely competent enough it's just a case now of head down and some serious practice :p Have you gotten to the point yet where you now feel you just cant wait for it to be done when your there your ready for your test :D
    Forum Member
    Just plot it precisely so there are no plot holes or anything that is a bit nonsensical but i have every faith you''ll work it out :p

And ill check the link now :)

I'll have to sit down with a pen and paper and write down some ideas before I get typing :p Do that and let me know what you think. How hard would those people be to impersonate?
    Forum Member
    Congrats Mimi! I knew you could do it :D Doing anything to celebrate?

Thank you! :) I'm just listening to music at the moment (Fiona Apple's new album, "The Idler Wheel", I really like it!) I have the entire bank holiday weekend off! :eek: Super psyched for that!
    In all seriousness i wouldn't say i'm brilliant but definitely competent enough it's just a case now of head down and some serious practice :p Have you gotten to the point yet where you now feel you just cant wait for it to be done when your there your ready for your test :D

You'll be fine. I wouldn't put me in for a test yet if I were my driving instructor, but I don't think that I'm too far off. :) I think that mid-June is about right.
    Forum Member
    Thank you! :) I'm just listening to music at the moment (Fiona Apple's new album, "The Idler Wheel", I really like it!) I have the entire bank holiday weekend off! :eek: Super psyched for that!

Enjoy :cool: I'm just watching TV and downloading some new apps for my phone.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think when your ready you'll know mimi no rush :)

And anyone hear about what happened in Woolwhich with that guy being attack by apparent jihadists I mean seriously :o
This discussion has been closed.