Opinion Polls Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Comments

• SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oathy wrote: »
    Hornsey & Wood Green constituency poll (Survation for the Lib Dems | 03 Mar):
    LAB - 37%
    LDEM - 36%
    CON - 15%
    GRN - 7%
    UKIP - 4%

MoE: +/-5%

We need more of these individual constituency polls, I feel.
  • oathyoathy Posts: 32,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soppyfan wrote: »
    We need more of these individual constituency polls, I feel.

will keep an eye out :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nick Cleggs Seat

LAB 33% (+17), LD 23% (-30), CON 22% (-2), GREEN 12% (+10), UKIP 9% (+7
  • allaortaallaorta Posts: 19,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    David Tee wrote: »
    :D

I'm 100% sure. 101% if that's possible.

I came across thread today where UKIP were scoring highly - wish I could remember what it was. Anyway, the impression I got is that UKIP supporters are very active in promoting their party.

I'm trying to be fair to the extent that with almost 9,500 votes cast, the Conservatives have achieved a 4 point lead at 29% with UKIP on 25%; Labour are on 15%, the rest hardly left the starting stalls. I'm confident of UKIP getting at least 15.
  • wavy-davywavy-davy Posts: 7,122
    Forum Member
    Nick Cleggs Seat

Ouch! So what happens if Clegg gets kicked out and the LD's need to negotiate a new coalition?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wavy-davy wrote: »
    Ouch! So what happens if Clegg gets kicked out and the LD's need to negotiate a new coalition?

Uncle Vince will break open his werther's original and broker the deal :D
    Forum Member
    Errrrrr

Tories target Vince Cable's seat at next election

'Conservatives are to target Vince Cable as their biggest Cabinet scalp at the next election, the Standard has been told.

They will seek to unseat the Business Secretary as MP for Twickenham in what many Tories would see as sweet revenge for his outspoken attacks on them during the Coalition years.'

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/tories-target-vince-cables-seat-at-next-election-8202226.html
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Presumably it would be down to their Deputy Leader Sir Malcolm Bruce.... but he's standing down anyway.

So that's a good question.
  • paulschapmanpaulschapman Posts: 35,536
    Forum Member
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    Presumably it would be down to their Deputy Leader Sir Malcolm Bruce.... but he's standing down anyway.

So that's a good question.

If Clegg has lost his seat then the Liberals would need to vote a new leader for the Liberal Parliamentary Party and that is who would negotiate a coalition.
  • MattNMattN Posts: 2,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be shocked if the Tories and the Lib Dems hadn't had discussions about another coalition post election.

They share an office after-all
  • allaortaallaorta Posts: 19,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Uncle Vince will be too busy cosying up to Labour.
  • David TeeDavid Tee Posts: 22,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nick Cleggs Seat

Pollster?
    Forum Member
    David Tee wrote: »
    Pollster?
    Survation:

Survation on behalf of Unite interviewed 1,011 residents of the Sheffield Hallam constituency from 22-26 January 2015.

Key findings were:

Voting intention (with change in brackets since the 2010 general election):
    LAB 33% (+17), LD 23% (-30), CON 22% (-2), GREEN 12% (+10), UKIP 9% (+7)

http://survation.com/poll-in-nick-cleggs-sheffield-hallam-constituency-survationunite/
  • David TeeDavid Tee Posts: 22,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Survation:

Survation on behalf of Unite interviewed 1,011 residents of the Sheffield Hallam constituency from 22-26 January 2015.

Key findings were:

Voting intention (with change in brackets since the 2010 general election):
    LAB 33% (+17), LD 23% (-30), CON 22% (-2), GREEN 12% (+10), UKIP 9% (+7)

http://survation.com/poll-in-nick-cleggs-sheffield-hallam-constituency-survationunite/

Cheers - appreciated.

ETA: Sorry, thought it was up to date.
    Forum Member
    I don't see any reason for the numbers to have changed much in the past few months tho. If anything the LDs are doing a bit worse nationally. The only significant swing in the polls is a few percent from Labour to Tories.
  • AvidianAvidian Posts: 6,049
    Forum Member
    Not a opinion polls as such but I thought this might be of interest....

ITV Anglia News have just done a mock election for the students at the Thomas Gainsborough School in Sudbury (Suffolk) after a Q & A session with a panel of parliamentary candidates.

1181 students took part in the mock election after the panel, the results were:

* UKIP - 272 (23.0%)
    * Conservatives - 252 (21.3%)
    * Labour - 247 (20.9%)
    * LibDems - 246 (20.8%)
    * Greens - 151 (13%)

(13 rejected)

http://www.itv.com/news/anglia/2015-03-11/suffolk-school-holds-special-debate-and-mock-election/
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where is Jol these days? He doesn't seem to post much. Wonder why?
  • Jason CJason C Posts: 31,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Avidian wrote: »
    Not a opinion polls as such but I thought this might be of interest....

ITV Anglia News have just done a mock election for the students at the Thomas Gainsborough School in Sudbury (Suffolk) after a Q & A session with a panel of parliamentary candidates.

1181 students took part in the mock election after the panel, the results were:

* UKIP - 272 (23.0%)
    * Conservatives - 252 (21.3%)
    * Labour - 247 (20.9%)
    * LibDems - 246 (20.8%)
    * Greens - 151 (13%)

(13 rejected)

http://www.itv.com/news/anglia/2015-03-11/suffolk-school-holds-special-debate-and-mock-election/

Reminds me of the old Newsround elections which always put the major parties more or less equal.
    Forum Member
    The Conservatives have edged ahead of Labour for the first time in more than three years, according to the latest poll of polls for The Independent.

The finding will raise Tory hopes that the party can achieve some momentum before the May election. Tory ministers and MPs have been frustrated that the better economic figures have not yet showed up the opinion polls, but that may finally be starting to happen.

The Tories are now on 34 per cent, their highest “poll of polls” rating since May 2012, putting them ahead of Labour for the first time since January 2012. The Tories are up two points on the previous month. Labour is unchanged on 33 per cent and the Liberal Democrats unchanged on eight per cent. Ukip dropped from 13 per cent to 11 per cent and the Greens from eight per cent to seven per cent.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/tories-creep-ahead-of-labour-for-the-first-time-in-three-years-in-latest-poll-of-polls-10101519.html
  • mungobrushmungobrush Posts: 9,332
    Forum Member
    "Tonight’s YouGov poll for the Sun has topline figures of CON 33%, LAB 31%, LDEM 8%, UKIP 15%, GRN 6%. This follows on from a four point Conservative lead in yesterday’s YouGov poll and a one point Tory lead in their Sunday Times poll at the weekend."

http://ukpollingreport.co.uk

We need one of Jol's "ho ho ho's"
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah they were discussing on the DP how there are some whispers within the Tory ranks that they may finally be seeing a pull away from Labour into a lead but it's a very slow trend and it's too early for them to make any noise about it.

I always expected it to happen but my guess was by the end of the year rather than March.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mungobrush wrote: »
    "Tonight’s YouGov poll for the Sun has topline figures of CON 33%, LAB 31%, LDEM 8%, UKIP 15%, GRN 6%. This follows on from a four point Conservative lead in yesterday’s YouGov poll and a one point Tory lead in their Sunday Times poll at the weekend."

http://ukpollingreport.co.uk

We need one of Jol's "ho ho ho's"

Milibands Advisors are awful. I don't like the guy but the first thing I would do is sack the lot of them. The entire latching onto running away isn't affecting polling should have been enough for them to realise whilst important its best to get back onto core issues.

You know they are going to get a budget bounce (the tories) the sale of the Lloyds shares haven't been done to pay off debt its been done to give certain groups a little treat, I wouldn't be a bit surprised we see them abolish the bedroom tax next week.
    With the libdems taking credit they demanded it axed.
  • TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Conservatives are not in a good position though. They have alienated too many people to form alliances. Far too arrogant and over-confident, I blame the parents.

It's still more likely that Ed Miliband is our PM this Christmas. ho ho ho
  • Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tassium wrote: »
    The Conservatives are not in a good position though. They have alienated too many people to form alliances. Far too arrogant and over-confident, I blame the parents.

It's still more likely that Ed Miliband is our PM this Christmas. ho ho ho

What a scary thought that would be.

I would rather have Cameron TBH.

Labour insisting on him being the leader is ridiculous. I know many life long Labour voters who deem him to be unelectable.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    YouGov/Sun poll tonight - Labour lead by one: CON 34%, LAB 35%, LD 7%, UKIP 14%, GRN 5%
This discussion has been closed.