Options

Which "voice over" people do you find annoying?

intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
Forum Member
The ones who announce what's coming on next, what's on later etc. My vote has to go to the woman on ITV2

Comments

• Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Matt Berry, doing his 'funny voice', currently to be heard all over Absolute Radio.
  • Options
    birdsongbirdsong Posts: 2,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just heard someone on BBC3 who was absolutely diabolical.
  • Options
    PaparazzoPaparazzo Posts: 6,155
    Forum Member
    Lenny Henry.
  • Options
    njpnjp Posts: 27,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone on BBC3.
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,510
    Forum Member
    Jane Horrocks.
  • Options
    gottagogottago Posts: 14,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't stand the voice of the bloke who was Ricky Gervais's friend that everyone hated in The Office. He does voice overs on Dave and Talksport and his voice just sounds horrid.

Also that horrid female voice that regularly pops up on the Tesco adverts. You can tell she's young but she manages to sound so old and patronising. I remember when the BBC quite embarrassingly used her as a continuity announcer on BBC Switch.

There's also a relatively new Geordie man on ITV2 or possibly 4 who sounds really terrible. It's like they wanted someone with a regional accent and just chose the first they could find without actually seeing if they had the required skills.
  • Options
    derek500derek500 Posts: 24,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All the continuity announcers who say 'haitch d', rather than 'aitch d'.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    gottago wrote: »
    I can't stand the voice of the bloke who was Ricky Gervais's friend that everyone hated in The Office. He does voice overs on Dave and Talksport and his voice just sounds horrid

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ralph_Ineson
  • Options
    mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    derek500 wrote: »
    All the continuity announcers who say 'haitch d', rather than 'aitch d'.

Me too ;) Surely elocution lessons should be a pre-requisite of announcing :confused::confused: But, hey, ho, I'm "old" :eek::D
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The one who does the advert, not sure what for but it ends up with her saying "Brrrrilliant." her voice is like nails down a blackboard to me for some reason.
  • Options
    mklassmklass Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Denise Welch on Ten Years Younger!........i stopped watching the programme because i couldn't stand her smug voice on there....................:mad:

Oops... just thought!, that and the fact that Mylene Klass was the new presenter as well!......;):D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's a Welsh guy on Comedy central...he's SO Welsh it's ridiculous...I'm sure he's putting it on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,418
    Forum Member
    The voiceover for Come Dine With Me. His nasty remarks and sarcastic comments were funny at first, but it's wearing a bit thin now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any continuity person who starts yapping over the closing credits of the show thats just ending
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    Any continuity person who starts yapping over the closing credits of the show thats just ending

That's all of them today :eek::eek::mad::mad:
  • Options
    seagull_Markseagull_Mark Posts: 3,985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    birdsong wrote: »
    Just heard someone on BBC3 who was absolutely diabolical.

Yes, first time I've heard this guy tonight, DK he keeps saying he is. I think he's missed out I and C in the middle. BBC Three have some awful continuity announcers.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The ITV continuity announcers who sound like they're deliberately exaggerating their northern accents and/or chaviness.

I also hate it when continuity announcers who tell you what the plot of the upcoming episode of a TV show is about, even if they're quite vague about it. Erm, can't I just wait a few more seconds and find out for myself?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    mrbernay wrote: »
    That's all of them today :eek::eek::mad::mad:

When the viewers keep saying they don't like that sort of thing we're always in the wrong cos the suits they keep wheeling out say we are :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, first time I've heard this guy tonight, DK he keeps saying he is. I think he's missed out I and C in the middle. BBC Three have some awful continuity announcers.

Trying to be "yoof" when they're probs 30+ ;);)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    When the viewers keep saying they don't like that sort of thing we're always in the wrong cos the suits they keep wheeling out say we are :rolleyes:

I know :mad::mad: Oh for the days of the in-view announcer reading from their copy of the TVTimes. Don't know if you were in an ITV region like that back then.... Respect for the viewer, just told you what was on next and coming up and maybe a slightly jokey bit...
  • Options
    EspressoEspresso Posts: 18,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The one who does the advert, not sure what for but it ends up with her saying "Brrrrilliant." her voice is like nails down a blackboard to me for some reason.

Samantha Bond - Daniel Craig's Miss Monneypenny - does that one.

The man who does continuity anouncements on BBC North West gets right on my wick.
    He permanently sounds like he's trying not to laugh. Which makes him sound like a complete and utter half wit
  • Options
    ZicoZZicoZ Posts: 7,642
    Forum Member
    summerain wrote: »
    The voiceover for Come Dine With Me. His nasty remarks and sarcastic comments were funny at first, but it's wearing a bit thin now.

I rather like him tbh
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The woman who always announces Gilmore Girls on E4. She's been saying the same few things for the past four years and she always sounds so patronising when she does announce it.
  • Options
    ZicoZZicoZ Posts: 7,642
    Forum Member
    Only voiceover that annoys me at the moment is that ex cruise liner singer who started VoiceOver on a series last week , she's a Loose Women regular but she's OK on that though IMHO.
  • Options
    TexAveryWolfTexAveryWolf Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any middle-class actor that inflects his or her accent to a more "working-class" timbre to flog product to the less well off.

Stand forth:

Tim Spall (getting on my Wickes)

Jane Horrocks (Hampstead by way of Bolton)

Julie Walters(you DONT need the money).

Also:

Julie Peasgood,for her Xanax -brittle loveliness

Rob Brydon for wanting to be loved

Stephen Fry for his over -articulated smugness

John Hannah-for making food sound like fud.

Any actor doing debt-consolidation ads.

These are the legions of the damned....