Options

Soap lovers who have stopped posting or are posting less?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I read the rules!

then you'll know about the secret forum....
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    Good to know there have been amnesty - people deserve more than one chance and BB is an especially heated subject.

But. Of course, people will be monitored more closely it back on 'probation' as it were so if they do the same thing again they'll be stamped on.

BIB It is rare for anyone to get banned outright for a first offence. They are given a few shorter bans before they get a permanent ban. But yes, it's nice to know there is a way back for those who, let's say, mature, and regret previous behaviour.
  • Options
    CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's right. Someone told me that's the message you get on here rather than 'you have been banned for life' but it has the same affect, just funnier for some reason :blush::D

Keep trying on your other forum and give us an update in oh 30 years :D:D

:D:D I will:p. Any way, if the current mods/owner leaves and somebody new takes over with a new setup, do they just keep a list of everyone on the banned list to keep you off the new site?:p
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    i think it is especially the case when somebody tries to fool the system by having multiple accounts.

Certainly Mods on another site i've used get really annoyed with that, especially at they've said, if the person just emailed them, said "i want to come back, I will abide by the rules" they'd probably be given another chance. But to open a new account is deceitful and als they feel it insults their intelligence as they'll probably find out and don't like being made to look stupid.

On the site I was in, if you were banned you couldn't contact the mods to ask for another chance though. You had to just make another account, which I did, then sent a message to the mods explaining why I had another username as I wanted them to let me back and I couldn't contact them any other way. They promptly banned my second account for "bring a previously banned member" - no second chances there:o:p.
  • Options
    PamthehoundPamthehound Posts: 5,333
    Forum Member
    I got banned at the height of BB and just pop in and out , but very rarely ever post.I just love reading Soaps discussions now .

The ban was really trivial:) and put me completely of DS. This is a very rare post for me
  • Options
    Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D:D I will:p. Any way, if the current mods/owner leaves and somebody new takes over with a new setup, do they just keep a list of everyone on the banned list to keep you off the new site?:p

On the site I was in, if you were banned you couldn't contact the mods to ask for another chance though. You had to just make another account, which I did, then sent a message to the mods explaining why I had another username as I wanted them to let me back and I couldn't contact them any other way. They promptly banned my second account for "bring a previously banned member" - no second chances there:o:p.

They are completly ridiculous for not allowing ton atleast a trial. Those mods shouldn't really be mods imo and that forum will quickly go downhill.
  • Options
    melloncollie06melloncollie06 Posts: 2,525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got banned from a forum once for mentioning Scunthorpe. ...
    because of the swear filter :/
    serious no lie.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got banned from a forum once for mentioning Scunthorpe. ...
    because of the swear filter :/
    serious no lie.

How long was the ban? If it's life then that's ridiculous. Mentioning one thing isn't worthy of a ban anywhere imo.
  • Options
    melloncollie06melloncollie06 Posts: 2,525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How long was the ban? If it's life then that's ridiculous. Mentioning one thing isn't worthy of a ban anywhere imo.

oh it only lasted as long as it took me to lambast the site owner for complete utter stupidity and make him adjust his ridiculous filter.
    :D
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Monday Update: After all that upset over the weekend, normal service has been resumed and I am still here today. More updates as they come in, as per usual.
  • Options
    danyelldanyell Posts: 10,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone remember cats meow? He or she always complained they got bullied on here! And wasn't there a poster on here called Pats earrings? I haven't seen that name on here for ages.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    danyell wrote: »
    Does anyone remember cats meow? He or she always complained they got bullied on here! And wasn't there a poster on here called Pats earrings? I haven't seen that name on here for ages.

catsmeow was great fun. I don't remember the other poster.
  • Options
    Essex_BoyEssex_Boy Posts: 252
    Forum Member
    whys no one mentioned d.dota, radcliffe and imatt101 except me

they were proper joke from what i saw
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,457
    Forum Member

Cats Meow was the most homophobic poster in the soaps section of the board. She just vanished from the boards one day neve to return, I always thought her parents had banned her from using the net or something.
  • Options
    danyelldanyell Posts: 10,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    Cats Meow was the most homophobic poster in the soaps section of the board. She just vanished from the boards one day neve to return, I always thought her parents had banned her from using the net or something.

Yes she did write some rather offensive and strange things sometimes. And complained because other forum members gave her a hard time about it. Funnily enough I did get the feeling she was young. Maybe because she wrote silly and immature things.
  • Options
    O-JO-J Posts: 18,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone got banned for expressing their opinions about someone and was labelled a bully, loads of people bitch about people in the real world. the only wrong thing I saw was that he started a thread about it, that was uncalled for but the wording did not seem to be a bullying type. I'm sure Mr Vas can handle keyboard warriors though.

This forum is some censored shit now. I don't feel like posting any more.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    benbenalen wrote: »
    Someone got banned for expressing their opinions about someone and was labelled a bully, loads of people bitch about people in the real world.

Creating threads about members is against the rules. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes she did write some rather offensive and strange things sometimes. And complained because other forum members gave her a hard time about it. Funnily enough I did get the feeling she was young. Maybe because she wrote silly and immature things.

She claimed she was married, but spoke like an immature child.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone got banned for expressing their opinions about someone and was labelled a bully, loads of people bitch about people in the real world. the only wrong thing I saw was that he started a thread about it, that was uncalled for but the wording did not seem to be a bullying type. I'm sure Mr Vas can handle keyboard warriors though.

While it is heavily censored in cases like tonight I think it is nessary. Suicide attempts can be made via cyber bullying. A temporary ban should always be given first for a week then a week, 6 months then permanent. I won't tolerate bullying especially in places I've been as a result. Suicide should be avoided.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Creating threads about members is against the rules. :)

Damn, there goes my thread about how much I miss my girl that is a friend, Priscilla.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 139,026
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Yep. She was always calling Christian a predator.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    While it is heavily censored in cases like tonight I think it is nessary. Suicide attempts can be made via cyber bullying. A temporary ban should always be given first for a week then a week, 6 months then permanent. I won't tolerate bullying especially in places I've been as a result. Suicide should be avoided.

Vas should not give that thread the time of day, he should be happy about all the nice comments he's been getting, all of which are true.

Vaslav is the man,
    A really big Cora fan.
    I think he fancy's Ann,
    But probably fancy's Dan.....2008!
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Pretty obvious what he was doing, if he had a problem he should of just ignore him or PM him directly at the start not start a thread to target him.

Yeah people are bitchy in real life, doesn't mean you have to stand for it, I hope Vaslav got a thick skin he should have by now with all the shit he gets thrown he's way, it people like that poster is why this place is has become like it has.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vas should not give that thread the time of day, he should be happy about all the nice comments he's been getting, all of which are true.

Vaslav is the man,
    A really big Cora fan.
    I think he fancy's Ann,
    But probably fancy's Dan.....2008!

My post was generalising it out more.
    Im sure vas won't and he appears strong minded but ahould it have been an emotionally weaker person which is hard to tell on a forum... That's where my post comes in ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member

She was a strict Muslim and a married lady. I obviously didn't agree with her views on homosexuals but she did create debate, which is what a forum should be for.
  • Options
    HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    dan2008 wrote: »
    When do you think things started to slide?[/QUOTE
    January 2014 :p

Only just spotted this you cheeky beggar Dan! :o:D

So as 2015 nearly draws to a close have matters, atmospherics etc on Digital Spy soap forums improved or are good posters still leaving /posting less and add to the much missed list?