Options

Most expensive item of clothing you have on today?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is my Trousers they only cost £12!

I've managed to buy quite a lot of bargains off ebay like the Brand New Top I'm wearing which was less than £8 but the RRP price was around £20- £25.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My top which was £8 Primark, have got on joggers £4 Matalan, as you can see I shop at all the exclusive shops:D

I am only lazing around, would not go out like this, well with the joggers anyway.
  • Options
    GetMeOuttaHereGetMeOuttaHere Posts: 17,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is my Trousers they only cost £12!

I've managed to buy quite a lot of bargains off ebay like the Brand New Top I'm wearing which was less than £8 but the RRP price was around £20- £25.

Would that be a Dorothy Perkins one by any chance? :)

I've had 2 outfits on today, 3 if you want to include my pj's this morning. Most expensive item out of all I've worn today were my boots at £40, brought 8 years ago from Stead & Simpson, I look after my belongings.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they are my jeans. I can't think where they are from but I'm sure they were £20.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,418
    Forum Member
    As it's 5am, it has to be my PJ's :p

Paul Frank - I bought them in Australia, about $60 I think (£25 ish)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Asides from my watch and engagement ring its my River Island dress, which was £70 down to £28 and my Marc Jacobs shoes bought in the Selfridges sale last year - £220 down to £40, quite a bargain I thought
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have my pj's on which cost £1.50!
  • Options
    Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My Moto jeans from Top Shop. Can't remember exactly how much they were though.
  • Options
    LnMidnaLnMidna Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aztec Kickers in red, £45. My skirt was £12 and my top £8.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My Trousers which were £12 from Dorothy Perkins. My Top I'm wearing was bought in the sale.

I'm a Dorothy Perkins bargain hunter! :D
  • Options
    LnMidnaLnMidna Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dorothy Perkins stuff fits me perfectly :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    today top from Next £19.99
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 450
    Forum Member
    Today jeans from Next £20 and I have cut them to make shorts:)
  • Options
    ValLambertValLambert Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lepel bra £30.
  • Options
    cctpscctps Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Socks - £3 (Topman)
    Boxers - £5 (next)
    T-Shirt - £40 (Cult)
    Jeans - £4 (Primark)
    Waistcoat - £40 (Topman)
    Belt - £20 (Fender from TK Maxx)
    Shoes - £65 (Qube)
    Bracelet - £40 (Fossil)
    Watch - £165 (Fossil)

TOTAL = £382

I work at Fossil though so I got my bracelet and watch for free woopwoop!
  • Options
    PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me it is my bra, which is probably about £30.

My top and skirt both came from Peacocks, and probably cost me no more than £8 each. My shoes are also from Peacocks. Black ballet pumps, and they cost me £4.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My shoes today, £50 suede wedges from M&S.

It's not my bra for once - hoorah :D
  • Options
    Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My Moto jeans, Topshop's own brand. Probably around £15...had them for ages.:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    Went to brunch with a friend inbetween school hours, and changed clothes;

Jack Wills blue and white striped shirt = £60,
    Dolce & Gabbana Basic brown belt = £80 [not too sure though],
    Dark blue Pepe jeans = £70
    Ferragamo flats = £215
    Longchamp bag = present.

So my shoes :)
  • Options
    XxSassyGirlXxXxSassyGirlXx Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Today, my shoes were my most expensive. I wore a pair of my Gina`s to work.

Shoes ~ £695
    Chloe ruffled shirt~ £175ish if i remember right
    Trousers ~ £75 from Zara.

I know I know, i mixed High st & Designer, but if it works i say why not! I admit im a bit of a Label Bitch :o but im a stylist so I need to look the part at work, & i do get a slight discount in most designer stores. And yeah, i make use of it! a lot!! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Today, my shoes were my most expensive. I wore a pair of my Gina`s to work.

Shoes ~ £695
    Chloe ruffled shirt~ £175ish if i remember right
    Trousers ~ £75 from Zara.

I know I know, i mixed High st & Designer, but if it works i say why not! I admit im a bit of a Label Bitch :o but im a stylist so I need to look the part at work, & i do get a slight discount in most designer stores. And yeah, i make use of it! a lot!! :D

The ruffled shirt sounds nice! I can't help but think I've seen that on the runway in Chloé show? Maybe I'm mistaken...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 211
    Forum Member
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I wish I had a salary like yours!!!

I wish I knew the person so I could steal their Rolex, sell it, and give the money to Cancer Research UK.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The ruffled shirt sounds nice! I can't help but think I've seen that on the runway in Chloé show? Maybe I'm mistaken...

lol Well spotted! It was indeed on their catwalk. Its definately one of the perks of my job. Its SO pretty though, im loving the ruffles & bows this season, I love the romantic vibe. I do have another blouse tho thats similar but the Ruffles are kind of out of control :eek: Everytime i wear it i feel like i just stepped out of a Period drama! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lol Well spotted! It was indeed on their catwalk. Its definately one of the perks of my job. Its SO pretty though, im loving the ruffles & bows this season, I love the romantic vibe. I do have another blouse tho thats similar but the Ruffles are kind of out of control :eek: Everytime i wear it i feel like i just stepped out of a Period drama! :D

Same, same, same! I adore Chloé's wispy and airy vibe. It's romantic and absolutely fantastic to flick through in Vogue.

One thing I'll tell you that annoys the hell out of me,

a lot of designer clothes are about 100 or 50 pounds more than the high-street version. Why not invest?! Why not have a key piece? Why not have the real deal?!

So you're a fashion buyer? Sounds like a great job! I'm still in school btw.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Same, same, same! I adore Chloé's wispy and airy vibe. It's romantic and absolutely fantastic to flick through in Vogue.

One thing I'll tell you that annoys the hell out of me,

a lot of designer clothes are about 100 or 50 pounds more than the high-street version. Why not invest?! Why not have a key piece? Why not have the real deal?!

So you're a fashion buyer? Sounds like a great job! I'm still in school btw.

I am, im a Buyer & Stylist. I do love my job though, I get paid to work with gorgeous clothes. Perfect for me really! lol Can i just say i utterly agree with every word you just said, for me having designer clothes is an investment, they are well made, well fit, & the styling is immense. It really is all in the little details, they make such a difference. Particularly if its a key piece, you should invest, cos you know you are going to get the wear out of it. It just seems common sense to me lol

Its funny, you sound just like me when i was at school, I used to flip through Vogue & really appreacite it lol what can i say? i got enjoyment out of it! :o