[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gucci pour homme II
  • Options
    RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daytime I use - Issy Myake (sp?), Hugo Boss for Women, Cool Waters for women

Evening I use Jean Paul Gaultier Classique and Theirry Mulger Angel
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My current favourite is Flowerbomb - Viktor & Rolf

Before this, it was Paul Smith Floral

x
  • Options
    cctpscctps Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I go through aftershaves like it's nobody's business...

My faves-

* L'Eau D'Issey by Issey Miyake
    *Fleurs du Male by Jean Paul Gaultier
    *Cool Water by Davidoff

BUT!!!! My ultimate fave aftershave is Prada, I can't even go to the shops without it on, goooooooorge!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GerriP wrote: »
    I do have a dreadful habit of falling in love with limited edition summer fragrences so that once the bottle is gone I'm devestated coz I can't get it anymore.

:o
    ]

i thought that was just me!! im trying to stay away cause it really is upsetting when you can no longer find it
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    I just love foodie and fruity scents in perfume... I ended up falling in love with Aquolina Pink Sugar *happy sigh* while back in Boston visiting my mom, so I either have to pay double the money here for that at hqhair or wait til I'm back in the States again. Not buying it off Ebay any more after the leaky bottle I got last time. :( It smells like cotton candy, berries, vanilla and caramel... it gets lots of compliments (and women asking where they can get it!), and hubby calls it my 'sweetie perfume' :cool:

Other faves include Cacharel Anais Anais (my mom wears this, have loved it since I was a kid but it's not really 'my' scent anymore), Elizabeth Arden Green Tea, Mark (Avon USA) lemony body spray, and *cough* Jessica Simpson's Dessert Treats in Cupcake :o I'm not proud LOL.

Great thread to get other ideas! I'm still trying to find a pure rose scent to replace the Rose Chic that Sephora used to do if anyone has any good rosy suggestions...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I too avoid "celebrity" perfumes like the plague.

My favourite is Lolita Lempicka. I remember a girl where I worked wore it & I HAD to ask what it was. Her brother bought it for her in France. I managed to get a bottle online, and everyone asks what it is :D Simply, gorgeous. And the bottle is the prettiest, purple and gold. Stunning.

I've often noticed samplers yet NEVER do they put samples of Katie Price's perfume etc. Have always thought that a sign. I remember Katie spraying an interviewer with it & they couldn't stop coughing & she looked embarrassed haha! :eek:

I once smelt the troll twins perfumes & never quite recovered, although nothing is as vile as Barbie perfume! OMG. I actually felt sick. I wore a squirt from the chemists (while waiting for the post office line to clear! they share a store) went to visit my grandad and nearly took out everyone from the centre with that niff :eek: I can hardly even talk about it now without feeling sick!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,741
    Forum Member
    I'm currently loving Hugo Boss XY and Chanel Sport
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll normally not go for the celeb perfumes, but I love christina agulieras. The other one I have at the moment is CK one summer. One of the nicest I have ever smelt was a ginger one from Lush. Worth the headache that shop can give you!
  • Options
    Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 9,016
    Forum Member
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    At the minute i wear ..So..Kiss Me..and Lace..

So is nice, I wore that in the mid-90's.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clarins - Eau Tranquility
    Gucci - Envy Me
  • Options
    Millie MuppetMillie Muppet Posts: 6,853
    Forum Member
    I just love foodie and fruity scents in perfume... I ended up falling in love with Aquolina Pink Sugar *happy sigh* while back in Boston visiting my mom, so I either have to pay double the money here for that at hqhair or wait til I'm back in the States again. Not buying it off Ebay any more after the leaky bottle I got last time. :( It smells like cotton candy, berries, vanilla and caramel... it gets lots of compliments (and women asking where they can get it!), and hubby calls it my 'sweetie perfume' :cool:

You can find it cheap here:

http://www.cheapsmells.com

Plus loads of body products too.

I have to admit I tried it and hated it. It didn't smell like anything in particular to me, just nauseating sweetness. I think it may be because my skin is pale and not so oily. It probably smells lovely on more sallow people.

:)
  • Options
    BradshawsbagBradshawsbag Posts: 728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I adore Adolfo Dominguez' Azahar - gorgeous scent of pure orange blossom.

Unfortunately you can't buy it in the UK, not even on the Cheap Smells website anymore. :cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    You can find it cheap here:

http://www.cheapsmells.com

Plus loads of body products too.

I have to admit I tried it and hated it. It didn't smell like anything in particular to me, just nauseating sweetness. I think it may be because my skin is pale and not so oily. It probably smells lovely on more sallow people.

:)

Thank you so much for the link, very fab! :cool:

It's not everyone's taste but I do so love it :cool: Know what you mean though, I've tried some that people have told me are great and I almost have to wash them off right then!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 241
    Forum Member
    I have quite a few perfumes but my most favourite is D & G light blue.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flowerbomb by Viktor and Rolf!:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ella Nut wrote: »
    She'll have a job producing one, since she's been dead for years.

I personally don't see any problem with celeb-endorsed perfumes. If I like it I will wear it. I adore J-Lo's Live. I'm wearing Anais Anais at the moment.

I do agree that people should have a signature scent and stick to it (if they can find one that suits them) - I don't go with what is fashionable for the sake of it - the market is so saturated nowadays with not only new perfumes but limited editions, summer versions, night version etc etc. It's ridiculous.

If she ever did one when she was alive :rolleyes:
  • Options
    PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always wear Clinique Happy during the day. I love the fresh clean scent.

In the evening i wear Ralph Laurens Romance. Still delicate, but a little heavier for the evening.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    armarni code
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    my all time fave is the beautiful chanel no 5, and like ms monroe it's all i wear for bed, lol, at the moment though i'm quite liking kylie's "darling".
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    Miller Harris - Fleur De Matin
    Chantecaille - Le Jasmin
    Frederic Malle - Noir Epices
  • Options
    LuxxyLuxxy Posts: 18,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    getupandgo wrote: »
    I too avoid "celebrity" perfumes like the plague.

My favourite is Lolita Lempicka. I remember a girl where I worked wore it & I HAD to ask what it was. Her brother bought it for her in France. I managed to get a bottle online, and everyone asks what it is :D Simply, gorgeous. And the bottle is the prettiest, purple and gold. Stunning.

I've often noticed samplers yet NEVER do they put samples of Katie Price's perfume etc. Have always thought that a sign. I remember Katie spraying an interviewer with it & they couldn't stop coughing & she looked embarrassed haha! :eek:

I once smelt the troll twins perfumes & never quite recovered, although nothing is as vile as Barbie perfume! OMG. I actually felt sick. I wore a squirt from the chemists (while waiting for the post office line to clear! they share a store) went to visit my grandad and nearly took out everyone from the centre with that niff :eek: I can hardly even talk about it now without feeling sick!

I've got Lolita Lempicka, I'm not sure why I bought it as it just sits in my bathroom! I liked it in the store but when I got it home I just found it smelt too sweet for my tastes. The bottle is cute though. :p

I don't really like the celeb fragrances much either as I feel they're a bit too popular and then you just end up smelling like every one else.

I have many perfumes but the two I get the most compliments when I wear them are:-

Paloma Picasso by Paloma Picasso - more of an evening fragrance, it is instantly recognisable and the scent lasts for a very time.

La Perla by La Perla - this is classy, elegant and seductive, it's gorgeous, and I have been stopped many times when I wear it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    Chanel Chance
  • Options
    cathh70cathh70 Posts: 3,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have never bought a celeb perfume, until today that is.

I tested Velvet Hour (Kate Moss) today in Boots, and have to say I was very pleasanly surprised.