Options

Insider Information

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 436
Forum Member
Just found out from a friend at the BBC how the voting has been going. Apparently last week's exact number of votes were kept tightly under wraps but there has been a clear leader every week and she has had as much as a 9% lead in one week on the others which is massive. I don't think I'm allowed to say who it is on this site but anyone who knows my posts will know who I am supporting and unfortunately it is not that person. I was also told that the phone lines going down in the Isle of Man did make a difference to the predicted outcome last week so 3rd place might not be done and dusted. :cry:

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just found out from a friend at the BBC how the voting has been going. Apparently last week's exact number of votes were kept tightly under wraps but there has been a clear leader every week and she has had as much as a 9% lead in one week on the others which is massive. I don't think I'm allowed to say who it is on this site but anyone who knows my posts will know who I am supporting and unfortunately it is not that person. I was also told that the phone lines going down in the Isle of Man did make a difference to the predicted outcome last week so 3rd place might not be done and dusted. :cry:

so, we will have an Irish Nancy, with a Sam runner up?

oh, Denise!
  • Options
    jenda57jenda57 Posts: 606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

So we may get Sam only because the Isle of Man vote for her?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    piper333 wrote: »
    so, we will have an Irish Nancy, with a Sam runner up?

oh, Denise!

I never said anything but you would make a good detective!!!;)
  • Options
    KerryisElphieKerryisElphie Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    OMG! :eek:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo

That would be sooooooooo wrong. :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, that's interesting. Very interesting. If this is a reliable source of course...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It bugs me now that I know this info and I have been voting like mad. We have three different phone lines available my landline, my Dad's office line and my mobile and I have been going mad on all three. Now I'm thinking (a) I have been wasting my money and / or (b) should I really go mad and vote like 50 times on Saturday. By my calculations from what I was told for every person that votes for the winner the second place person needs 3 votes and the third place person needs approx 5 votes. That will make a hell of a difference. Still maybe things will change you never know. Here's hoping!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be interested to know what week this 9% advantage was on, if you know of course..?
  • Options
    jenda57jenda57 Posts: 606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    An Irish Nancy, well that settles it I've banned my friend from buying for us!
  • Options
    ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Insider at Whats On Stage forums tells a different story. ;)Never believe any of it anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Wow, that's interesting. Very interesting. If this is a reliable source of course...

She's worked at the BBC for 15 years. Oh and has told me who was winning on every other series. I didn't care as much with them as I wanted Lee to win and knew he was winning and with Maria I wanted Siobhan but knew she stood no chance. I also hadn't bet like I have this time. It's really annoying I backed three people of which all three were in the final four and the only one I didn't back is looking very very likely to win it. Sod's law!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'd be interested to know what week this 9% advantage was on, if you know of course..?

It was the highest difference from first to second place on one of the weeks. She didn't tell me what week. I didn't think to ask as I was to disappointed. I can ask her tomorrow and see if she remembers. I need to wait until she wakes up though. She did say she would see what she could find out about last week's votes though. It does make sense if you look at who the bookies have constantly been backing. I know they have changed this week but other than this week it has been that other person constantly.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The week that got away, probably.
  • Options
    PorkSausagePorkSausage Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It bugs me now that I know this info and I have been voting like mad. We have three different phone lines available my landline, my Dad's office line and my mobile and I have been going mad on all three. Now I'm thinking (a) I have been wasting my money and / or (b) should I really go mad and vote like 50 times on Saturday. By my calculations from what I was told for every person that votes for the winner the second place person needs 3 votes and the third place person needs approx 5 votes. That will make a hell of a difference. Still maybe things will change you never know. Here's hoping!!

Ummm....

So the top placed person got 3 times as many votes as 2nd, and 5 times as many as 3rd. So if top got x% then,

x + x/3 + x/5 = 100%

23x/15 = 100%

x = 65%.

2nd got 22%

3rd got 13%.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The week that got away, probably.

Ha, lol. I think you're probably right there :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ummm....

So the top placed person got 3 times as many votes as 2nd, and 5 times as many as 3rd. So if top got x% then,

x + x/3 + x/5 = 100%

23x/15 = 100%

x = 65%.

2nd got 22%

3rd got 13%.

I find it really hard to believe that ANYONE is that far out in front...
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So that's why they've introduced the alternative vote, just in case the phone lines go down.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ummm....

x + x/3 + x/5 = 100%

23x/15 = 100%

x = 65%.

2nd got 22%

3rd got 13%.

I did say by my calculations. I can't be exact because I don't know how many votes were cast etc. All I was working on was the theory that you would need to have that much to take over. It wasn't an exact science it was a guess. It probably would be 1, 2, 3 but I don't know. All I know is that there is one clear leader and that last week's phone votes did not correspond with all the pervious weeks hence saying the phone lines going down made a difference. Put in plain English and I don't care if it is deleted Jessie is the favourite and one week was ahead by 9% and Sam is normally 2nd and Jodie 3rd. As for my calculations sorry I failed my GCSE maths and now I know why. I will still be voting for Jodie this week though as no matter what I have been told I want her to win and only votes will make the difference.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ewoodie wrote: »
    So that's why they've introduced the alternative vote, just in case the phone lines go down.

I didn't know about the alternate vote thing until about an hour ago when I read it on here so it probably is why it was introduced. I suppose it makes sense in some way but I don't like the thought of someone winning that way as there will always be questions.
  • Options
    Golden anemoneGolden anemone Posts: 1,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For those of us in the "anyone but the green one" camp, who the f**k do we vote for on Saturday to have the best chance of stopping her? :eek:
  • Options
    PorkSausagePorkSausage Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't know about the alternate vote thing until about an hour ago when I read it on here so it probably is why it was introduced. I suppose it makes sense in some way but I don't like the thought of someone winning that way as there will always be questions.

...whereas all viewers of Euriovision last week know that phone votes are fair.:confused:

(OK - it's not the same, but anyway).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The What's On Stage rumour was started by an anonymous guest. Betfair still has Jodie as clear favourite, but the thing is that both rumours specify that the frontrunner has been the frontrunner for a long time, and it is only in the last week that Jodie's odds have got anywhere near Jessie's.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    For those of us in the "anyone but the green one" camp, who the f**k do we vote for on Saturday to have the best chance of stopping her? :eek:

I think it is safer to vote for Jodie still as most of the Sam fans will (a) not know about the phone votes really affecting things that badly and (b) the races are on in the Isle of Man which will mean that people will be out. So I think Jodie is the only choice. Also from this site it looks like Rachel fans will back Jodie which will have increased her votes and also the Sam fans mostly look like they will back Jodie so it seems the best chance of stopping the green vote. IMO.
  • Options
    KerryisElphieKerryisElphie Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    The What's On Stage rumour was started by an anonymous guest. Betfair still has Jodie as clear favourite, but the thing is that both rumours specify that the frontrunner has been the frontrunner for a long time, and it is only in the last week that Jodie's odds have got anywhere near Jessie's.

Sorry as I am clueless with betting and stuff :rolleyes: but do the book makers get the voting figures from the BBC- how do they work out the odds? Would the bookmakers know that Jessie had been doing so well but then put Jodie in front- I don't get it?! :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    plus the swing vote will go to Jodie cause they have attacked her weight....a big no no
  • Options
    Golden anemoneGolden anemone Posts: 1,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it is safer to vote for Jodie still as most of the Sam fans will (a) not know about the phone votes really affecting things that badly and (b) the races are on in the Isle of Man which will mean that people will be out. So I think Jodie is the only choice. Also from this site it looks like Rachel fans will back Jodie which will have increased her votes and also the Sam fans mostly look like they will back Jodie so it seems the best chance of stopping the green vote. IMO.

I'm inclined to agree. Thanks by the way.