Options

A thought strikes me

stanandjanstanandjan Posts: 762
Forum Member
✭✭
On some Forums there is an ability to input Jpgs etc ..
From time to time i am not able to fully investigate an issue ..
but am able Very often to grab my 11 yearold Sony Camcorder and take not only a shot of the screen..
but also the audio as well.. as a 15sec [about1.5 meg ]mpg2.
Sometimes one sees issues not being looked at for what they are.. as possibly a Guru has ruled that the issue is not generic.and sadly then timidity can take over..

The issue is obviously very relevant to audio..
and I was wondering is there an oldtype 'Message Board' facility for sending to those interested?

Stan

Comments

• Options
    grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Free file sharing site

http://www.4shared.com/
  • Options
    2Bdecided2Bdecided Posts: 4,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dump it in YouTube? With a private link if you wish.

I hope embedded videos never come to the DS forums, though maybe I'm just old fashioned.

Cheers,
    David.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2Bdecided wrote: »

I hope embedded videos never come to the DS forums, though maybe I'm just old fashioned.

Cheers,
    David.

I would mind being able to see a screen dump directly.

Still with all the adverts floating around on this forum it may get confusing :)

Automan.
  • Options
    JepsonJepson Posts: 3,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Cheers,
    David.

Considering the gigabytes of space that they can easily take up after a while I wouldn't imagine it's at all likely.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jepson wrote: »
    Considering the gigabytes of space that they can easily take up after a while I wouldn't imagine it's at all likely.
    Lots for forums do though, e.g.
    http://www.hv20.com/showthread.php?40555-Canon-7D-Skiing-Biking

Cheers,
    David.
  • Options
    JepsonJepson Posts: 3,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I know a lot of forums do but that doesn't mean that DS is going to.

What you will find is that a lot of forums that do allow embedded videos remove them (together with embedded photographs) rather quickly - sometimes they are gone within a couple of months - which can make reading old threads a frustrating experience.

DS is very much a business and it's extremely unlikely that they would want to spend the money to host videos and even more unlikely that they would want to expend the effort required to ensure that the videos were not infringing copyright or breaking other rules.

I've known a couple of forums that announced the availability of embedded videos that then removed said facility when they discovered the problems it caused.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whether you can embed images and/or videos in your posts, and whether the forum itself hosts them, are two separate issues.

I wouldn't dream for one second that DS would host videos for forum posts.

Cheers,
    David.