Options

Best Replacement Remote??

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Thanks, Anthony. I'll try and replicate what you've done.

Humph:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    Has anyone with a Harmony or anything else for that matter, managed to work out a way of switching between Freesat and Non-Freesat modes? I could put together a string of commands in a macro, but, because it goes into the Menu, there appears to be no way of guaranteeing the start point. If there was a command to put the cursor in Menu to a set point it might be possible.
  • Options
    spadespade Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    would like to try the OFA 7556 to control the hdr.The original is not great

Having trouble locating a retailer here that stocks it,

Argos seem to be my best bet, but they do not show OFA by model no.

Any chance one of you guys would look at the argos catalogue and post the item no

thanks in advance
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 254
    Forum Member
    I just tried the Argos site they are down at the moment, I'll look again later, but if you don't mind buying online I got mine from Amazon - the black digital model, there are 2 versions of the same remorte one silver grey the other black.

Amazon uk sell them. Just type in
    one for all 7556 or ofa 7556. :)

Patrick
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 254
    Forum Member
    I have just visited the Argos site and they don't unfortunately appear to sell the 7556 - they have something looking exactly like mine but I can't guarantee it will work or has the Humax code built in, it probably does though .. and it only controls 2 boxes..it might be the baby brother!

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5347830/Trail/searchtext%3EONE+FOR+ALL+REMOTE.htm#tabrev

best of luck

Patrick
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    I did mine slightly differently to you Antony - I wanted the Media button to be central on the remote so I remapped it to the Menu button which works well for me. I mapped the original Menu function to the subtitles - if I need subtitles I'll dig out the original remote! I did the same as you with the back key and opt+ though.

Patrick

Ah, I left the subtitles in the same place as the OFA. That said, putting Media on the Menu button is probably a better solution than mine — wish I'd thought of that, as the missus will kill me if I change it now! ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    I also got mine from Amazon UK, by the way. Arrived within a couple of days from the trader, hassle free.
  • Options
    spadespade Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    @ Froxfieldrover and Anthonyjohnston

Thanks very much

Even a google was drawing a blank

Never thought of amazon.

Regards

Spade
  • Options
    tichtichtichtich Posts: 1,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Resurrecting this old thread...

If anyone still has a list of the individual key function codes for the Foxsat HDR, could you please post them. I've just bought a Foxsat and want to control it with my trusty URC-7555, customising the key assignments to my own taste.

Thanks.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got one of these, Harmony 300s, a few months back & was enthusiastic at first but lately the volume control has been reluctant. It recently has usually needed several presses to eventually perform.
    The batteries were down to 1.3v so changed them but no difference even though new ones were 1.53v

Anyone else had this effect? & cured it.

David
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 428
    Forum Member
    I mapped the following buttons on the OFA, based on which buttons I would ever actually use and how often I need them:

Media = AV
    Schedule = PPV
    Opt+ = ?
    V-Format = Fav/9:16
    List = -/--
    Exit = Back

I didn't bother mapping the Humax Back key, as it has almost no use not replicated by Exit.

The standard "Magic" function on the OFA (the "975" procedure) worked fine for me.

Also, don't forget you can activate "volume punch-through" so that the volume keys always adjust the TV regardless of which mode you're in. Very useful.
    Good point about the sound punch throughs, I had a look at OFA but find it probably does not have enough buttons so each device can carry the commands which refer to other devices e.g. when in Foxsat HDR device, for TV aspect, TV 'OK', Soundbar mute.

I reckon that 'back' is handy once you have entered a series recording folder to get back to recordings list, instead of back to live tv with 'exit'. The same for iPlayer so you don't have to do it all again after watching a programme, to get to watch another iPlayer programme.

For Foxsat HDR/Humax PVR, and perhaps for other devices as well, in addition to the usual:-

Colour command buttons,
    Volume and programme rockers,
    Thumpad and cursor controls,
    Number buttons,
    Recording transport buttons,

...and without having to change devices, reckon the following extra buttons are needed:-

On/off
    Separate TV on/off
    TV OK
    TV display
    TV Aspect
    TV Input
    Mute (or mute macro)
    Slow play
    Bookmark list
    Bookmark
    Schedule list (via two part macro)
    Channel guide
    List of recordings
    Info
    Options
    Back
    Exit

Even with Sony RM-VLZ620 the sixteen extra 'digital' buttons are not quite enough and '-/--' or 'Enter' has to be employed as well, but the four system control macro buttons are also available, and each normal hard button can carry a two command mini-macro.

I much prefer all these hard buttons to being reliant upon finding the extras on lcd
  • Options
    ArchvaleArchvale Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    For anyone with a programmable remote, like the Harmony One, you can assign the following series of Humax keystrokes to a key on your programmable remote. This will allow you to go back to the previous channel you were watching (or toggle between channels):

i (inf)
    back
    exit
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    Archvale,

Thanks for posting this tip. Just added it to my Harmony 885 and it works a treat.:)

Much quicker and convenient than flipping channels using the Media page.