Options

Peter Davison Confirmed for 50th!!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    rr22rr22 Posts: 7,631
    Forum Member
    AidanLunn wrote: »
    Because the BBC may be handing out complementary scripts of the episode to those former Doctors still alive, and he's the only one bothered to announce it publicly?

Could be...why have they let the ex Doctors look at a secret script though? Because perhaps they are included in it somehow with clips of themselves or just because they thought they should see it. All seems a bit strange to allow them the privalige of looking at the episode if they are not included. Yet none appeared at the read through or in filming schedules.
  • Options
    IWasBoredIWasBored Posts: 3,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peter Davison is a classically trained actor. Do you think that makes him good?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    maybe he's doing narration?
  • Options
    CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stevebear wrote: »
    maybe he's doing narration?
    Thats what I think as well.
  • Options
    TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe he's doing narration for a Doctor Who Confidential or similar? Then if he's been present on the set and because of the familial connection they may just have done him a souvenir courtesy?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    about 67 days to go !
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Which character ? After all, the 1963-89 and 1996 version of Dr Who remains entirely non canon with the 2005+.
  • Options
    solarpenguinsolarpenguin Posts: 488
    Forum Member
    DariaM wrote: »
    Which character ? After all, the 1963-89 and 1996 version of Dr Who remains entirely non canon with the 2005+.

What's the evidence for that?
  • Options
    sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    What's the evidence for that?

I wouldn't bother if I were you, Daria never backs up the idiotic claim made. No matter how many times you ask. It's classic troll behaviour.
  • Options
    sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    DariaM wrote: »

DO NOT FEED THE TROLL!!!
  • Options
    solarpenguinsolarpenguin Posts: 488
    Forum Member
    sebbie3000 wrote: »
    I wouldn't bother if I were you, Daria never backs up the idiotic claim made. No matter how many times you ask. It's classic troll behaviour.

Shame. It would be great if we could seperate all the modern stuff from the real DW somehow.

(Personally I'm moving towards the idea that everything post-Androzani is the Doctor's deranged hallucinations as he dies from Spectrox Toxaemia, but sadly there's no evidence to back that up.)
  • Options
    daveyboy7472daveyboy7472 Posts: 16,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sebbie3000 wrote: »
    DO NOT FEED THE TROLL!!!

I agree, don't know how many times Daria M has come on here and just made that statement when there's evidence to the contrary that it's just not so. But since I don't want to do feed the troll either I'll leave it there.........:rolleyes:
  • Options
    allen_whoallen_who Posts: 2,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe he owns a copy of the script because his son in law signed his and past it on as a present..
  • Options
    plateletplatelet Posts: 26,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johnnymc wrote: »
    Peter Davison does sound involved in "Day of the Doctor"

Why would he be given a copy of the script. He's never been given a copy of any script before? And is it not the case that all scripts are hand printed because there are only a specific few people who see them. Why would Peter Davison suddenly get sent a script with his name on it all of a sudden. What does he have to do with production, script editing Moffatts work...he wasn't even told who was going to be the next Doctor Who. . So why show him the anniversary script? It looks like hes a cast member in it.

recording an audio commentary for the dvd maybe?
  • Options
    Evil GeniusEvil Genius Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    Whether he's in the 50th anniversary special or not, I'm off for a serious fan-tug!

I can think of better things to wank over...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    Shame. It would be great if we could seperate all the modern stuff from the real DW somehow.

I always think its a great shame that they didnt take the opportunity to reboot the series from the start and the 2005 series started with the 1st Doc on Gallifrey and explored why he left etc, then they could have remade classic stories with todays fx etc, but still glad we have WHO back on the screen regardless