FULL Voting Results Revealed

Comments

• Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fourth year running that the runner up never topped the votes at any point.
  • Dr. LinusDr. Linus Posts: 6,445
    Forum Member
    Does anyone really think that the producers would voluntarily release the voting percentages if there was any manipulation of the votes going on?
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    DamienS wrote: »
    James bottom 2 clearly have voters a kick up the arse

Coupled with the fact that Barlow publically stated that he preferred him to his own act.
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,526
    Forum Member
    SULLA wrote: »
    Coupled with the fact that Barlow publically stated that he preferred him to his own act.

I doubt anyone was listneing to Barlow ;)
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Along with MASSIVE pimping by the producers and "judges".
  • VolVol Posts: 2,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damn, just reading the results for the first time now and they sadly don't offer many talking points.
    We all knew Chris was topping and the judges actually sent home the least popular act every week...

Only thing of even slight interest is just how much being in the bottom two helped JA.
  • monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,928
    Forum Member
    Dr. Linus wrote: »
    Does anyone really think that the producers would voluntarily release the voting percentages if there was any manipulation of the votes going on?

nobody can prove anything even if they did
  • E05297535E05297535 Posts: 5,602
    Forum Member
    _NiallDEE_ wrote: »
    Yeah, in fact I doubt he would have been able to win had he not been Bottom 2, he wasn't really doing that well before it.

Might spell out how he will do post XF....not so well!!! (Even worse than Matt Cardle)!!
  • mrtdg82mrtdg82 Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As soon as Ella went James received a massive push. At that point he was chosen to win.

Whilst jahmene was never one for singing up to date stuff, he was really sold down the river with songs such as the greatest love of all at the end whilst James bagged adele. The 2 finalist songs were so different it was ridiculoua. Having 1d feature on a live show wouldn't have helped union j much either.

Funny that in the year where it appeared with the success of rylan and Christopher that the public was having a laugh at the x factors expense that the producers got exactly what they wanted at the end.

That said by looking at the voting it's simple. Jahmene and Christopher had a strong fan base but it never grew, whereas James did the opposite.
  • Department_SDepartment_S Posts: 4,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Definitely. I didn't vote until Ella and James were in the bottom 2 - clearly it needed sensible voting then.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,122
    Forum Member
    so the bottom 2 was a good thing for james

also surprised to see rylan come third one time
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    E05297535 wrote: »
    Might spell out how he will do post XF....not so well!!! (Even worse than Matt Cardle)!!

It's an interesting point. According to those two charlatans Tulisa and Louis (or the script they were handed by the producers anyway), James is a stunning new talent and fantastic singer / songwriter, and yet he struggled in the voting most weeks on the show. Did it take the audience two months to discover his talent?
  • *Liya**Liya* Posts: 5,978
    Forum Member
    Eurostar wrote: »
    Along with MASSIVE pimping by the producers and "judges".

James had that from the week 2 onwards....
  • GREATGUYGREATGUY Posts: 4,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would imagine, considering the lack of buzz this year and decline in ratings, that not to many votes were comming in for the first half of the series, hence Christopher was able to dominate the vote thanks to strong regional support and the 'nan' voters,

The hystera from the judges after the shock Ella V James singoff with all the 'you have to vote for your fav because clearly noone is safe' obviously worked and people who had previously just watched but not bothered to vote for the favourite started voting.
  • RockyRoadRockyRoad Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    I just cant believe Christopher Maloney topped the weekly shows until week 8.

How and why?!?

It's obvious he voted for himself like crazy. Most people don't even realize you can vote more than once.

I'm just glad that it all ended well in the end. Lucifer is off our screens for good.
  • VolVol Posts: 2,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GREATGUY wrote: »
    I would imagine, considering the lack of buzz this year and decline in ratings, that not to many votes were comming in for the first half of the series, hence Christopher was able to dominate the vote thanks to strong regional support and the 'nan' voters,

The hystera from the judges after the shock Ella V James singoff with all the 'you have to vote for your fav because clearly noone is safe' obviously worked and people who had previously just watched but not bothered to vote for the favourite started voting.

Yep - it seems regional vote is a force to be reckoned with in the earlier weeks (see Eoghan Quigg, Janet Devlin and Mary Byrne).
  • SugarNSpiceSugarNSpice Posts: 1,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Being in the top 2 from the start, it looks like Jahmene would have won if James had gone out in week 7.
  • boshealectaboshealecta Posts: 1,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the results show that being in danger is a good thing. Everyone presumes certain people are safe so don't bother voting for them. Whether it means they are safe because they are actually good or safe because it seems the show is bigging them up

Both James and Christoper benefited from the audience perceiving them to be in trouble. In James case he actually was but each week Christopher was slated by the judges and seemed to be at risk so his fans voted. Just as nobody was in the bottom two for two weeks running because them bein in danger encouraged votes. Whereas Jahmene who was constantly praised and never in the bottom two never actually topped the vote

It seems people only pick up the phone to vote if they feel they are saving someone be it because of previous bottom twos or because they are not the chosen one. It makes them feel their vote is important

In fact I think having a bottom two encourages this apathy. If your a James fan why vote because if he does end up in the bottom two he will be saved over most of the others
  • daniellejaynedaniellejayne Posts: 2,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Union J were NEVER at the bottom when they were in the bottom two like so many people kept banging on about on here and so close to getting into the final too!
  • JackkJackk Posts: 423
    Forum Member
    Some interesting results.

I honestly cannot fathom the support for Baloney. It's just...odd, and unexplainable. The percentages he got each week are mind blowing as well. Crazy.

Glad Union J were never actually bottom so there's no criticism they can receive there, and they seemed to be doing fairly well for the rest of the time they weren't bottom so that makes me happy. I'm angry that they were so close to going through over Baloney though! Where do people think they'd have come in the final if they had gone through? 3rd, 2nd?
  • rickster1995rickster1995 Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    i think for me the biggest shock is that melanie was 0.1% off being in the bottom two in week 1 her performance was absolutely incredible! probably the best that week!
  • paralaxparalax Posts: 12,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So Union J got less votes than Rylan the week he left. Hmm.
  • daniellejaynedaniellejayne Posts: 2,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paralax wrote: »
    So Union J got less votes than Rylan the week he left. Hmm.

No they didn't
    Union J 11.8%
    Rylan Clark 8.4%
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, Ella and James really weren't doing as well as I expected in most of those weeks. :eek: