Options

The Alexandra Burke Appreciation Thread (Part 14)

Comments

• Options
    ukaszenkoooukaszenkooo Posts: 425
    Forum Member
    Well Azelia is releasing her music as Azelia Banks Records.. And now she came to Alex to see The Bodyguard.
    Either way Alex is lunching her own label with KWL (as we already thought) or maybe Alex will work with Azelia? Well.. It's a possability!
  • Options
    iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    Well Azelia is releasing her music as Azelia Banks Records.. And now she came to Alex to see The Bodyguard.
    Either way Alex is lunching her own label with KWL (as we already thought) or maybe Alex will work with Azelia? Well.. It's a possability!

Wait WHAT?
  • Options
    NiiiiiiikNiiiiiiik Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iseloid wrote: »
    Wait WHAT?

Didn't know that one
  • Options
    volume3dvolume3d Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wait WHAT?

read his sentence without 'way' :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This is why I love my auto correct lol.
    Alex is not launching her own label, that was just my theory! :)
    So humiliated... Im sorry guys :c
  • Options
    Forum Member
    volume3d wrote: »
    read his sentence without 'way' :)

Oh! I was like...since when?? :o

I'd love a collab I really would. It would get some real attention.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh! I was like...since when?? :o

I'd love a collab I really would. It would get some real attention.

Azealia banks can still make it independent it would deffo not be a bad move for AB plus azealia is a fire rappe
  • Options
    StubeStube Posts: 16,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm here for a Azealia Banks X Alexandra Burke collaboration! Azealia is still getting a lot of publicity so it'd be a good move.

Also that instagram photo of Alex and that guy Manny (who?) is absolutely stunning! Best she's looked in my opinion. Argh she needs music!!
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it would be a bit of a pointless duet. Two very different artists and there is no reason why Azealia would work with Alex...would be of no benefit to her career. Just seems a bit pointless.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they'd do it because they sound good together musically?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well I always thought that Alex needs a strong girl duet... For example... When I've heard HOH for the first time, I knew that she needs a feature on it with a strong girl vocal... Alex has this woman power, even when she's dancing with her girls (dancers)..
    So a duet with girl rapper? Fire! (for me..)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Looks like she started using her ABOfficial account again, so I think there must be something going on, she really is getting ready for this new album, isn't she?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afImB5BTTpE
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Postbox wrote: »

Alex doesn't have a full on 'sound' as of yet. That's the issue.
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Postbox wrote: »

But we don't know what sort of artist Alex is or even what her sound is. Jumping and dueting with someone just becsuse they're a big name is ridiculous in my opinion. She needs to find her sound. Also, Azealia has most likely peaked in my opinion...the novelty has worn off.
  • Options
    myoldmatemyoldmate Posts: 1,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But we don't know what sort of artist Alex is or even what her sound is. Jumping and dueting with someone just becsuse they're a big name is ridiculous in my opinion. She needs to find her sound. Also, Azealia has most likely peaked in my opinion...the novelty has worn off.

She hasn't got any of those.. She's a Singer, Dancer and Entertainer but not a Songwriter/Musician.

No bad thing in my opinion as the opportunities for a long and lucrative career lie in those attributes.

I'm not only interested in Alex now but also when she is 30,40 50 yo.

We all get there and if you have a skill set it stands you in good stead.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's hope alexandra (if involved in a new label) is under a professional umbrella I hope it's a Kevin liles imprint if it's a new label movement. It's ibvuous that the photographer who follows Alex to NY and travelling is the one filming all of this "thedirector_e". Still glad Alex is under KWL though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sidenote: why is Jrevel still Alex's choreographer!? We need Jaquel knight for single 1 for america if it's that kind of track.
  • Options
    ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    http://youtu.be/uRg5waK_KQg?a loool may7ven talking about Alex
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shoed wrote: »

It all sounds very messy. Hmmmm
  • Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Jessie J is clever getting two big names to feature on her record, after I heard the record I wasn't pleased it's mostly her shouting. But it looks like it'll be a bigger hit on radio than Ariana's Problem.

Alex needs to start using her contacts tbh
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JustArun wrote: »
    Jessie J is clever getting two big names to feature on her record, after I heard the record I wasn't pleased it's mostly her shouting. But it looks like it'll be a bigger hit on radio than Ariana's Problem.

She does should've copped the Bey track when she had the chance. I hate bang bang it's so poor but meh late summer hit
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shoed wrote: »

Mess. And she basically said that Manda girl encouraged her to do it. Wtf. :blush:

I don't know what happened, but this issue ended last year, she should have just shut down the question and refused to comment, obviously she wanted to talk about it for the publicity, so she isn't as classy as she is trying to make out.
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Jessie obviously asked the label to set that up though. Alex can't do anything without a force behind her, yes she has Kevin and Jojo, but there is a whole bunch of legal stuff that a label team would have to deal with to set it all up.

Alex has LOADS of contacts, she could get all manner of features if she really wanted to. Or even a quick call from Beyoncé to someone could get her hooked up. She also knows Pitbull and Flo-Rida well so I don't know really. It's her career after all.
  • Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Niiiiiiik wrote: »
    She does should've copped the Bey track when she had the chance. I hate bang bang it's so poor but meh late summer hit

It gave me a headache after the first play, I thought I was going to like it but honestly it's overproduced and there's too much going in the track. :blush:

I want her to work with Drake still or Usher. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It gave me a headache after the first play, I thought I was going to like it but honestly it's overproduced and there's too much going in the track. :blush:

I want her to work with Drake still or Usher. :(

Usher is the dream the sexual chemistry would be out of this world!!!!! I can see the video now