I wish those two would just stop ..

GibsonSGGibsonSG Posts: 23,681
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Nikki Minaj - completely up herself, talentless and lacking any kind of respect.

Mariah Carey - Utter control freak.

Expect more painful exchanges.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes both of them are ruining the show imo. I think the show should have gone for only one female and out of the two Mariah is the lesser one of the evil pair so should have just gone for her.
  • DomestiquesDomestiques Posts: 1,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it got very irritating, very very quickly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are making AI trashy
  • Daydreamer13Daydreamer13 Posts: 656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I already stopped watching because of it, I'm a big AI fan but lasted 1 episode before turning off.

It's Nicky Minaj that is completely ruining it and making it impossible to watch for me.

On a side note, does anyone know if a contestant from last year - Shelby Tweten has been shown yet? I only want to see her now so would be eternally grateful if those still watching were able to let us know if/when she is on.

Thanks
  • BatmanLaBatmanBatmanLaBatman Posts: 3,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It looks like the producers' attempt to manufacture controversy could be backfiring.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,290
    Forum Member
    Nicki Minaj has basically made the show unwatchable.

She looks like a duck, speaks like she's suffered a stroke and is usually incomprehensible.
  • satellitesatellite Posts: 8,181
    Forum Member
    Yes both of them are ruining the show imo. I think the show should have gone for only one female and out of the two Mariah is the lesser one of the evil pair so should have just gone for her.

I've been a huge fan of AI and have watched it avidly since S2, but after tuning in just the once this year, the whole Minaj/Mariah thing really put me off and I haven't watched it since!
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me, this has been the best season since Season 1.

Nicki is making the show for me, Mariah trying her best to not sound like an airhead and Keith repeatedly singing over the contestants is brilliant. I wouldn't change this Panel ever.
  • bingoesbingoes Posts: 4,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me, this has been the best season since Season 1.

Nicki is making the show for me, Mariah trying her best to not sound like an airhead and Keith repeatedly singing over the contestants is brilliant. I wouldn't change this Panel ever.

Agree, it's been a slow burner but after last weeks Hollywood week I have warmed to them all and my interest in AI has returned. Nicki is quirky and I like the fact that she can be so up front. Even liking Mariah, I like how she shows her emotions and gets all ga ga over certain people. Keith is just lovely and when he sings with the contestants and feels their performance is just great.
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bingoes wrote: »
    Agree, it's been a slow burner but after last weeks Hollywood week I have warmed to them all and my interest in AI has returned. Nicki is quirky and I like the fact that she can be so up front. Even liking Mariah, I like how she shows her emotions and gets all ga ga over certain people. Keith is just lovely and when he sings with the contestants and feels their performance is just great.

I like how even for the acts she loves, Nicki is totally honest with them, like that Papa Peaches or any of the other slightly odd ones. She won't just love them because they are quirky and not tell them they messed up.

It feels more honest this year.
  • LandisLandis Posts: 14,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am happy enough so far but don't like the idea of Randy not being around at some point in the future. He is the rock of the panel and it may even be a better show since he took that role from SC.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bingoes wrote: »

Up front ? ( BIB)

I can't get passed her backside - literally :)

I know she's had an implant but who'd want to look like that ?
  • Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Keith, he's just such a muso, he's by far my favourite reality singing judge, but for Las Vegas I think they're sat in the wrong order. I know Mariah is supposedly the "star" but she has nothing of any interest to say EVER. It's all "you have a beautiful spirit", "your soul shines out of you when you sing" and other totally useless meaningless phrases so when her comments are last you just think blah, blah, blah.

I think the order should be Mariah, Keith, Nicki and Randy. Nicki and Randy are happy to be negative if needed but I don't think Mariah would be happy to have to shout over a screaming crowd as she's a star darling :rolleyes: a d you can't sit Nicki and Mariah next to each other.

Oh and will someone, for the love of God, cut the female judges' fingernails? They can't do anything except barely move their hair with their hands in a really affected way. It's driving me utterly insane!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 251
    Forum Member
    Alli-F wrote: »
    I love Keith, he's just such a muso, he's by far my favourite reality singing judge, but for Las Vegas I think they're sat in the wrong order. I know Mariah is supposedly the "star" but she has nothing of any interest to say EVER. It's all "you have a beIautiful spirit", "your soul shines out of you when you sing" and other totally useless meaningless phrases so when her comments are last you just think blah, blah, blah.

I respectfully disagree. Mariah's comments were heavily edited in earlier episodes but she's really blossomed these past couple of weeks and has shown why she is the most qualified judge when it comes to vocal technique and musicality.
  • sofakatsofakat Posts: 16,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find Minaj faintly ridiculous, like an animated cartoon character, and Mariah lives in Starland Pinkcloud and is not always with us really.

They amuse me and make me heave a sigh of relief that I will never live in their world. Such hard work. All that glue and hair dye. Jeez.

Love Keith and am a mega Randy fan. Hilarious line up - from the sublime to the pink kitties in Barkingland. :D