Options

Da Kath and Kim Code

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,268
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just found this...
A film spin-off of the Australian suburban sitcom Kath and Kim is to be broadcast on BBC Two.

Da Kath and Kim Code was the top-rated film on Australian TV last year, with an average audience of 2.2 million.

[The film, which features a cameo appearance by Barry Humphries, will be shown later this year.

The second series of Kath and Kim, starring Jane Turner and Gina Riley as the divorcee and her miserable daughter, starts on BBC Two on Monday.

'Well-observed'

It centres on the daily lives of Kath Day-Knight (Turner) and her daughter Kim (Riley) in the fictional Melbourne suburb of Fountain Lakes.

Da Kath and Kim Code, which spoof's Dan Brown's Da Vinci Code, sees Kim's husband Brett promoted at the Fountain Gates computer store, and Kath's "second-best-friend" Sharon (Magda Szubanski) falling in love on the internet.

BBC head of programme acquisition Sue Deeks said: "Da Kath and Kim Code is another sharp, well-observed, laugh-out-loud funny outing - only it's three times as long."

Speaking in character, Jane Turner's Kath said: "We are extounded at the response to our telly movie.

"We had people over for drinks and nibbles and then watched it on the plasma in the good room and we thoroughly enjoyed it but then again we might be a bit biased."

Has this been shown?

Comments

• Options
    JonoJono Posts: 412
    Forum Member
    BBC 2 have acquired the Da Kath and Kim Code television movie to be broadcast in 2007.
  • Options
    alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    I suspect Living will show it first -not for a good while yet though.
  • Options
    hotpotatohotpotato Posts: 2,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No sign of it being shown yet, sadly. I knew the BBC had bought the rights and scoured the xmas radio times like Kimmy looking for dipetty-bix but to no avail. I have heard nothing about the BBC acquiring Series 3 yet (which is the best series!), it's a shame they don't do more with the classy ladies :D
  • Options
    noodkleopatranoodkleopatra Posts: 12,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am telling you now - you will not regret watching it. It is hilarious.
  • Options
    tangsmantangsman Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw it while on holiday in New Zealand last year.
    It's not that great to be honest.
    A few laughs but it's too long.
  • Options
    bob_loblawbob_loblaw Posts: 5,342
    Forum Member
    I bought the DVD from Australia and while it was amusing it was a bit too daft for my liking. It's not half as good as the series. I do find myself laughing at bits of it though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iv seen it before and thought it was brilliant!Would just like to see it again!