Comments

• Options
    Red+BloodedRed+Blooded Posts: 4,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kylie Minogue
    The Saturdays
    Lady GaGa

GaGa's was the best closely followed by Kylie.
  • Options
    spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Waaaay too many to mention although not so many in recent years - my gigging years were more in the 80's & 90's. But among my favourites were:

Adam And The Ants (Cornwall Coliseum, in June and Dec 1981)
    Wham (Cornwall Coliseum, Oct 1983)
    The Style Council (Cornwall Coliseum, Oct 1984)
    Bryan Adams (Cornwall Coliseum, 1987)
    Madonna (Wembley Stadium, Sept 1993)
    Glenn Tilbrook (Northampton Roadmender, 1994)
    Morrissey (Aston Villa Leisure Centre, Jan or Feb 1995 & Swansea Brangwyn Hall, 1999)
    Radiohead (Northampton Roadmender, Mar 1995 & Gloucester Leisure Ctr, 1997)
    Stereophonics (Thekla Club, Bristol, June or July 1997)
    Travis (Thekla Club, Bristol, Aug 1997)
    Stereophonics/Asian Dub Foundation/theaudience (Bristol Anson Rooms, Jan 1998)
    Travis/Catatonia/Idlewild (Newport Centre, Mar 1998)
    Manic Street Preachers (several gigs in the late 90's in Newport and Cardiff)
    3 Colours Red/Muse/The Donnas (Cardiff Student's Union, May 1999)
    Mansun (Bristol Anson Rooms, 1998 or 99, forgotten when exactly)
    Pearl Jam (Cardiff International Arena, 2000)
    Kylie Minogue (Cardiff IA, 2001 & 2002)
    Elton John (Old Vic Theatre charity concert, London, around March 2003)
    Audioslave (Cardiff IA, around 2005 or 06, can't remember)

and various other concerts by Brian Wilson, Squeeze, Prince, Super Furry Animals, Bon Jovi, Ash, theaudience, Paul Weller, John Barrowman, The Storys, and god knows who else. Like I said, too many to remember. I wrote a list down once of every gig I've been too, whilst I could still remember them all, which I updated whenever I went to any new gigs but I can't find it anymore. So annoying as it's hard to remember every gig these days, when they were and who the support acts were. Wish I still had that list! lol :(
  • Options
    Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,172
    Forum Member
    I am a regular concert go-er... I just love live music ...I couldnt say how many I have been too..I go to festivals (even the obscure ones like Summer Sundae), musicals and big pop rock concerts....

My Fave Acts that I have seen live are (in no particular order):

Radiohead
    Madonna
    Beyonce
    U2
    Pink

Others who are also very good and worth of a mention are;

Green Day, Nelly Furtado, Kylie, Leona Lewis (suprisingly good), Robbie WIlliams, Take That, Ne-Yo (he was a support act but better than the main act), Spice Girls, Alicia Keys, BEP, Will Young,

Disappointments....good but not great:
    Lady Gaga (prefered her support act at Take That to Fame Monster Ball), Mika,

Abysmal - avoid!!! Pussycat Dolls, Craig David !!!!
  • Options
    spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    glyn9799 wrote: »
    This year i've seen Lady GaGa, Pink and Pet Shop Boys. All of which were really incredible.

Also Sophie Ellis-Bextor supported PSBs and she was fantastic. She was on about 50 minutes herself and really got the audience going. I hope she does her own tour for her new album. :D

I adore Sophie Ellis Bextor! I've never seen her solo but I saw her twice with her old band theaudience, back in 1998, in Bristol. She/they were great. As for Pet Shop Boys, despite having been a fan since the mid 80's I've never seen them live (sob!) :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ray Charles
    Stevie Wonder
    Olivia Newton-John
    Kelly Clarkson (x2 - Breakaway Tour and My December Tour)
    Rhydian (x2 - his tour and the Summer Pops)

Err, that's it I think. I won't pick, I'm rubbish at picking, but they were all very good.
  • Options
    I<3Matt&FlaviaI<3Matt&Flavia Posts: 1,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gneiss wrote: »
    Do I get three ( :o ) for S Club 7...?

Yes :p haha!! In my defense to having seen steps, i didn't know i was going to that concert until i was on the train there lol... I was tricked into going to that concert haha!! But hey i was pretty young, i'm allowed to of had bad taste in music back then :p haha!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 207
    Forum Member
    Paul Weller
    David Bowie
    Faithless
    U2 (Twice) (Vertigo Tour & 360 Tour)
    AC/DC

Favourite for the performance was U2 on the Vertigo Tour.

Favourite for the actual show was U2 on the 360 Tour.
  • Options
    glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    spaceygal wrote: »
    I adore Sophie Ellis Bextor! I've never seen her solo but I saw her twice with her old band theaudience, back in 1998, in Bristol. She/they were great. As for Pet Shop Boys, despite having been a fan since the mid 80's I've never seen them live (sob!) :(

:D I just saw them in Newcastle on Friday evening. Fantastic!

I'm not quite sure why Sophie was supporting - she's been around a while herself as you say - but she really got the crowd going. Very funny too. I'm actually pretty sure some people came just to see her, after she finished some people behind us left the arena and didn't return :eek:
  • Options
    pixxyypixxyy Posts: 1,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been to loads including quite a few festivals,radio roadshows, Smash Hits tour haha

My faves:
    Take That, been every tour since they returned but special mention to The Circus tour.

Oasis,Kasabian, The Enemy, all last year at Heaton Park

The Killer's V festival 09, Weston Park

Fall Out Boy Birmingham Oct 08

Ian Brown last year

John Otway earlier this year, rubbish singing but highly entertaining
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've only been to Girls Aloud and Rammstein. I think the Rammstein one was better, as much as I love Girls Aloud, because at the Girls Aloud show I was right at the back of the arena and was sitting in a section of miserable sods who wouldn't get up and dance, so I couldn't either because I would have been blocking people's view and it sort of spoiled it a bit.
    At the Rammstein one I was in standing, only about eight rows back, everyone was jumping around and screaming and the atmosphere was incredible.
  • Options
    sterock85sterock85 Posts: 465
    Forum Member
    Around 20. Including Muse, Green Day, Sum 41, Futureheads etc

Best: Amy Macdonald....best by a long shot. Perfect in every way, Singing, musicianship, banter, energy and the fact she composes the songs on her own...tops it.

Worst: Green Day...used to be a big fan...but not anymore. Seen them in 2005, and they sounded poor. Not awful but considering i was a big fan, i left disappointed. Baketcase is still a great song though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    I've been to see Michael Buble, Rihanna, Lady Gaga, Il Divo, Take That and Leona Lewis recently. I also saw Gabriella Cilmi, Craig David, Professor Green and a ton of others at Tramlines festival.

The best concert (imho) was MB, as he sounded exactly the same as on his CD's, it was entertaining and just a genuinely good time. Lady Gaga was AMAZING too, as was Leona. I was a bit let down by Rihanna though, I was expecting great things and I just didn't enjoy myself as much as I thought I would.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen Alphabeat twice, Frankmusik, Chris Brown, Beyonce twice, Pussycat Dolls, Ne-Yo, Lady Gaga three times, Britney Spears, Ciara, Katy Perry, Florence + The Machine, The Temper Trap, Cascada, N-Dubz, Agnes, Rihanna, Pixie Lott, Tinie Tempah, Pink, Ting Tings, Gossip.

1. Lady Gaga (The Monster Ball Tour was incredible!)
    2. Pink (saw her at Wireless, she is so physically fit)
    3. Beyonce
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been to around 25-30 gigs. Best gig for pure energy and great vibe in the crowd was one of Sensers gigs at the small Borderline venue just after they got back both singers. Never expected the gig to be so great.

Though the recent Emilie Autumn gig was great for theatrics and interweaving of songs with a 'show'. Both the VNV Nation and Emilie Simons ones were great just pure entertainment in their songs and talent to enthralled the audience. While Emilie Simon and cuteness and VNV Nation and power.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,328
    Forum Member
    Simple minds/Texas/GUN

Depeche mode

Lenny Kravitz

Prince approx 11 times

Alexander O'neal

Boy George

Duran Duran(2004 reunion)

Stevie Wonder(amazing and fav after the Prince gigs)

I'd have to say Prince everytime tho. Also had tickets for MJ but going by the "This is it" film,I think this would have been THE best:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spaceygal wrote: »
    Waaaay too many to mention although not so many in recent years - my gigging years were more in the 80's & 90's. But among my favourites were:

Adam And The Ants (Cornwall Coliseum, in June and Dec 1981)
    Wham (Cornwall Coliseum, Oct 1983)
    The Style Council (Cornwall Coliseum, Oct 1984)
    Bryan Adams (Cornwall Coliseum, 1987)
    Madonna (Wembley Stadium, Sept 1993)
    Glenn Tilbrook (Northampton Roadmender, 1994)
    Morrissey (Aston Villa Leisure Centre, Jan or Feb 1995 & Swansea Brangwyn Hall, 1999)
    Radiohead (Northampton Roadmender, Mar 1995 & Gloucester Leisure Ctr, 1997)

Stereophonics (Thekla Club, Bristol, June or July 1997)
    Travis (Thekla Club, Bristol, Aug 1997)
    Stereophonics/Asian Dub Foundation/theaudience (Bristol Anson Rooms, Jan 1998)
    Travis/Catatonia/Idlewild (Newport Centre, Mar 1998)
    Manic Street Preachers (several gigs in the late 90's in Newport and Cardiff)
    3 Colours Red/Muse/The Donnas (Cardiff Student's Union, May 1999)
    Mansun (Bristol Anson Rooms, 1998 or 99, forgotten when exactly)
    Pearl Jam (Cardiff International Arena, 2000)
    Kylie Minogue (Cardiff IA, 2001 & 2002)
    Elton John (Old Vic Theatre charity concert, London, around March 2003)
    Audioslave (Cardiff IA, around 2005 or 06, can't remember)

and various other concerts by Brian Wilson, Squeeze, Prince, Super Furry Animals, Bon Jovi, Ash, theaudience, Paul Weller, John Barrowman, The Storys, and god knows who else. Like I said, too many to remember. I wrote a list down once of every gig I've been too, whilst I could still remember them all, which I updated whenever I went to any new gigs but I can't find it anymore. So annoying as it's hard to remember every gig these days, when they were and who the support acts were. Wish I still had that list! lol :(

I am SO jealous. Especially of the ones in bold.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 269
    Forum Member
    over 30 best has got to be gaga!!! glasgow will always be the best because it was the first time i saw her bu i went to see her in manchester and that was just as good cant wait til november and december when i go to see her again!! chris brown was also amazin was meant to go see him again but because he hit that ugly wee tramp he wasnt allowed in the country.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 269
    Forum Member
    Yes :p haha!! In my defense to having seen steps, i didn't know i was going to that concert until i was on the train there lol... I was tricked into going to that concert haha!! But hey i was pretty young, i'm allowed to of had bad taste in music back then :p haha!!

steps are and always will be the best band ever!!!!! so jealous you got to see them!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh and Black Eyed Peas/Cheryl Cole. Both were good, the atmosphere was amazing for BEP.
  • Options
    Star_BrightStar_Bright Posts: 11,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been yo quite a few concerts. Britney was the best one by far, Linkin Park comes a close 2nd.
  • Options
    PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Russyyy wrote: »
    steps are and always will be the best band ever!!!!!

I hope you're not being serious,because if you are that has to be the funniest thing I've ever read on this board :D:D:D
  • Options
    musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    AdzBrown wrote: »
    Oh and Black Eyed Peas/Cheryl Cole. Both were good, the atmosphere was amazing for BEP.

Cheryl aint that bad live. I would gladly spend money on her then the likes of La roux who can't sing full stop.
  • Options
    glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    PhilH36 wrote: »
    I hope you're not being serious,because if you are that has to be the funniest thing I've ever read on this board :D:D:D

I saw Steps twice and they were incredible. I'm not even going to defend myself by saying 'oooh i was only 11' or 'I didn't want to go, I was forced to go'. The fact is Steps were one of the best pop bands around at that time and i'm really thankful that I managed to see them. :D

If they ever reunited i'd be first in queue for tickets.
  • Options
    ohiromeohirome Posts: 2,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spice Girls
    Melanie C x2
    Vonda Shepard
    Pink x2
    Futureheads
    Dresden Dolls
    Little Boots
    Bjork
    Madonna
    Grace Jones
    Fever Ray

Hard to decide between Grace and Madonna, though I can remember more of Grace as Madonna was like being in the presence of greatness so alot of it is just a blank. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    I've seen Take That, Paramore (going to see them again in November), Mika and Pendulum. All were amazing, but my favourites have to be Take That. The Circus tour was incredible.