Options

3 Of the worst production errors in BB history

Jaymitch1Jaymitch1 Posts: 6,426
Forum Member
what would be your worst 3 shambolic decisions made by the producers of this show?
for example, mine off the top of my head would be:

The all up evict vote in BB7 - which resulted in the loss of nikki - which they then regretted and decided to put her back in! surely the producers knew by then that putting the whole house up would always result in one of the biggest characters leaving! :confused::confused::rolleyes:

The 'non-housemate' twist at the start of BB10, WHAT was the point!!?? we only had a couple of highlights shows worth of characters we barely got to know, and we were expected to vote so early, and lost a potentially good housemate in the process. pointless!

And finally, the notorious quadruple eviction shambles which completely destroyed our last BB final.

with incompetance like this running the show, is it any wonder the axe fell?

Comments

• Options
    027huds027huds Posts: 12,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Regarding the non-housemates twist, I think it could've worked better had they put effort into it. What kind of a shambolic task is drawing glasses on your face in permanent marker? They should've had way better stuff to earn your housemate status and IMO, it should've resulted in an eviction on the first Friday instead. At least then we had some hope of getting to know everyone.
  • Options
    Monster101Monster101 Posts: 2,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Putting in Jades family on CBB, just about killed the show i reckon!

Also i agree with the Nikki thing in BB7.

and i think putting coolio in UBB was just a silly idea, he is not a memorable ultimate housemate, and it just resulted in the inevitable.

but as i have always said, you could get a bunch of chimps to run this show better.
  • Options
    mmcdmmcd Posts: 8,558
    Forum Member
    Nikki being put back into the house after being voted out has to be the worst decision but next up would be doing the same with Charley. The girl was so aggressive and should have been shown the door not put back into the house to wind the housemates up even more.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Monster101 wrote: »
    Putting in Jades family on CBB, just about killed the show i reckon!

Also i agree with the Nikki thing in BB7.

and i think putting coolio in UBB was just a silly idea, he is not a memorable ultimate housemate, and it just resulted in the inevitable.

but as i have always said, you could get a bunch of chimps to run this show better.

Totally agree. BB never recovered from Jade and her family going into the house in my opinion.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    027huds wrote: »
    Regarding the non-housemates twist, I think it could've worked better had they put effort into it. What kind of a shambolic task is drawing glasses on your face in permanent marker? They should've had way better stuff to earn your housemate status and IMO, it should've resulted in an eviction on the first Friday instead. At least then we had some hope of getting to know everyone.

God, it was DIRE. Who can run to the diary room fastest? Who can pick up the telephone fastest? Who can jump in first and say they will change their name?

BB housemates tend to be young for their age, but I always thought BB10 ones were more so than in any other series. Beinazir was about the only housemate who didn't seem at least 5 - 10 years younger than her actual age. So they threw her out without giving her a single good BB experience, then got Davina to jeer at her as a failure when she was almost too tired and demoralized to think. I really think, among hot competition, it was the worst eviction ever.
  • Options
    dirrrtydirrrty Posts: 8,442
    Forum Member
    Letting Susie nominate. I think that was soo unfair.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sticking with vote to evict year after year, despite it causing virtually every series to be ruined by the big characters leaving early. Absolutely baffled by this, even if a vote to evict made them more money.

Taking the PC, walking on eggshells approach after CBB5, instead of sticking two fingers up at Ofcom and Mediawatch, giving the HMs loads of booze and encouraging the kind of behaviour for which BB was famous during BB1-7.

Becoming too reliant on an increasingly jaded production team led by PEJ.
  • Options
    TiffaniTiffani Posts: 5,444
    Forum Member
    Bringing in Rex's girlfriend Nicole
    Bringing back Nikki in BB7
    The Golden ticket which was a total set up.
    The all female start to BB8 which left most the viewers disapointed.
    Cameron going to Africa, and then giving him immunity from noms when he returned.
  • Options
    houseful1houseful1 Posts: 1,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mmcd wrote: »
    Nikki being put back into the house after being voted out has to be the worst decision but next up would be doing the same with Charley. The girl was so aggressive and should have been shown the door not put back into the house to wind the housemates up even more.

Nikki being put back in made the rating come back on top. It lead to aisleyne vs Grace showdown.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 182
    Forum Member
    Jaymitch1 wrote: »
    what would be your worst 3 shambolic decisions made by the producers of this show?

The all up evict vote in BB7 - which resulted in the loss of nikki - which they then regretted and decided to put her back in! surely the producers knew by then that putting the whole house up would always result in one of the biggest characters leaving! :confused::confused::rolleyes:

The 'non-housemate' twist at the start of BB10, WHAT was the point!!?? we only had a couple of highlights shows worth of characters we barely got to know, and we were expected to vote so early, and lost a potentially good housemate in the process. pointless!

And finally, the notorious quadruple eviction shambles which completely destroyed our last BB final.

I agree with all of those.

I'm really surprised they didn't think Nikki would get evicted. They really should've put more thought into it... who did they think would go? I guess it's because she survived all the past evictions (like when she was up against Sam, who basically did nothing to warrant eviction).

The BB10 thing was probably the worst. It did nothing except get rid of a potentially great housemate (Beinazir seemed to be the most genuinely kind person in there... I could've seen her winning).

And yeah, the fourway eviction thing was just ridiculous for BB11, and look where it got them. Still, I'm glad it meant John James getting evicted... but I would've rather had a less predictable final.
  • Options
    Jaymitch1Jaymitch1 Posts: 6,426
    Forum Member
    houseful1 wrote: »
    Nikki being put back in made the rating come back on top. It lead to aisleyne vs Grace showdown.

the thing is, she was only evicted in the first place due to the producers idiotic decision, she was never going to be up for eviction otherwise!
    just bizarre..
  • Options
    RrosesRroses Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Juliet_G_Juliet_G_ Posts: 426
    Forum Member

Totally agree with 1 & 3 but would swap the non-hm thing with putting in people's real world partners - Nicole, Kenneth, Isaac - disasters all!
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,273
    Forum Member
    They should of used more 'Vote to Save' I think, voting to evict meant that a lot of the big characters were evicted, e.g Sam pepper.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    houseful1 wrote: »

In respect of having the public pay to vote her out and then because they didn't get the result they wanted they just put her back in again. There was a huge backlash about that and if I recall they had to refund a lot of money to irate viewers who had voted her out. This is what I mean by totally wrong decision. It clearly was in many ways including financial.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,122
    Forum Member

bb11 before the final having a vote to evict...i dont know why the heck they thought that would be a good idea. they wanted no competition for josie i assume

and yeah bb10 non housemate thing pathetic
  • Options
    posiepebblesposiepebbles Posts: 1,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the thing is, she was only evicted in the first place due to the producers idiotic decision, she was never going to be up for eviction otherwise!
    just bizarre..

My memory is a bit rubbish, but I think yours might be even worse... Wasn't one of the closest eviction battles between Nikki and Sam (who I thought was horribly bullied by Grace and co).

And what is this Aisleyne/Grace showdown another poster is talking about? I didn't think they were even in the house at the same time?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1) Eviction of Vanessa in BB6 where the housemates went around the table and chose her over Makosi. Not only was it incredibly infuriating for the majority of the public who had voted Makosi it was so very cruel. She was just distraught.

2) In BB7 both the vote to evict which meant we lost Nikki and Suzie being allowed to nominate which meant we lost Grace. BB7 had one of the strongest ever line-ups.

3) The all female start of BB8. Enough said.

Can I also add the breaking up of Spencer and Kate in Rich/Poor side BB3. WHY BIG BRO, WHY?!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My memory is a bit rubbish, but I think yours might be even worse... Wasn't one of the closest eviction battles between Nikki and Sam (who I thought was horribly bullied by Grace and co).

And what is this Aisleyne/Grace showdown another poster is talking about? I didn't think they were even in the house at the same time?

Yes they were, from Aisleynes arrival till Graces eviction. Not sure of timing of Aisleynes fake eviction to house next door

Aisleyne was the only one who spoke up about the water throwing incident

They had words when Grace returned but it was hardly a major showdown

All the above subject to my memory :D
  • Options
    richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just 3 when there are so many to choose from especially in later series?

1. Putting Nikki back in BB7 just to plug her new show and to give Pete a helping hand over the finish line

2. The quadruple vote to evict which effectively sealed BB11 for Josie seeing her main competition all went in one night

3. Not nipping the tension in the bud both in CBB5 and BB9, both houses were powder kegs just waiting to go off. CBB5, they should never have put Jade and her family in and in BB9 should NEVER have given them booze as the tension was going through the roof
  • Options
    KewpeeKewpee Posts: 50,976
    Forum Member
    An all female start in BB7...WTF?? Then we got Ziggy....big deal...:rolleyes:

BB4 the HMs nominated on the first night, and Anoushka,one of the only interesting booger in there, was booted out the first Friday..:rolleyes:

BB4 the double eviction of Fed and John the other two interesting HMs left......:rolleyes:

Just BB4 in general :D
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. The all up and evict of both BB7 and BB11. Both were pointless, both saw big characters leave, both left the show worse off.

2. The drip feed of Housemates in BB8. Put them in from the start and let dynamics develop; don't throw in people every time the ratings dip by half a million. I think in week 7 we had more Housemates in the House than launch night.

3. The lack of production decision on Fight Night (BB5). Letting it just air across Live Feed, causing the police to be called, resulted in panic every time two Housemates had an argument from then on. If they'd cut feed sooner and let security in quicker then they may have felt a sense of control over later situations.
  • Options
    daddynomatesdaddynomates Posts: 2,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The wedding task. Mario and Steph pretend couple rubbish. Stupid stupid boring and fixed for them to fail by BB. Resulting in the loss of steph who i was looking forward to watching through that series. Was is BB9 ??
  • Options
    KewpeeKewpee Posts: 50,976
    Forum Member
    Fudd wrote: »
    1. The all up and evict of both BB7 and BB11. Both were pointless, both saw big characters leave, both left the show worse off.

2. The drip feed of Housemates in BB8. Put them in from the start and let dynamics develop; don't throw in people every time the ratings dip by half a million. I think in week 7 we had more Housemates in the House than launch night.

3. The lack of production decision on Fight Night (BB5). Letting it just air across Live Feed, causing the police to be called, resulted in panic every time two Housemates had an argument from then on. If they'd cut feed sooner and let security in quicker then they may have felt a sense of control over later situations.

Also from your number 3....the lack of alcohol for subsequent BBs leading to less frivilous behaviour, in fear of violent behaviour.
  • Options
    daddynomatesdaddynomates Posts: 2,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Showing Jade and Shilpa rows. Why didnt BB just step in sooner to stop the nonsense?? cos they liked it didnt they !!

BB was doomed since then.