Options

Mary - song spoiler from Louis

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Louis has just said on the Paul O'Grady Show that Mary is singing I Who Have Nothing

she apparently struggled with the song she was supposed to sing at rehearsals yesterday "Ain't No Mountan High Enough" so they changed her song

how is that a guilty pleasure and isn't that the song she belted out at auditions?

Comments

• Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finalists should not be allowed to sing their audition tunes again:yawn:
  • Options
    ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Finalists should not be allowed to sing their audition tunes again:yawn:

Agree and it is hardly a guilty pleasure either.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems like Mary (whst being a good singer) is your typical club singer and can only belt out the club favourites she's probably familiar with
  • Options
    MurraymarMurraymar Posts: 4,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mary is a good singer, but I wouldn't download one of her songs. bit samey (imo)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And they say Cher is a one trick pony... Mary is soooo predictable.
  • Options
    yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,533
    Forum Member
    So same old crap from Mary then - last week was the same as the week before and this week the same.

I wager she will be wearing Black and cry after she performs once again
  • Options
    LolWtfLolWtf Posts: 1,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

As much as I like Mary I have to agree with this, if Cher is a one trick pony what does that make Mary?

Louis also said she's a ballad queen so does that mean that's all she's gonna be singing?

She's going to get boring pretty quickly imo :yawn:
  • Options
    yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,533
    Forum Member

Cher will do the same this week as the last 2 weeks ie ruin a song ;)

However both her and Mary are shaping up to be quite boring and predictable - however I guess at least Mary can actually sing
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so all in black with that oval type mic again as per? it's gonna get boring soon
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I knew it - it's the same thing again - shout for your life and dress for a funeral. This might seem unfair, and un-pc, but the truth is if she was a hot looking woman she should get away with standing there and any straight male would be happy to watch and listen to her sing... but she can't and won't keep getting away with this... surely...
  • Options
    tiddlebootiddleboo Posts: 1,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How are either of those songs guilty pleasures?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    Alot of people are saying that Cher should sing a ballad and be made to do something different. In the interests of fairness maybe Mary should be made to rap. I think she'd do a pretty good version of Ice Ice Baby, it worked for Heather Trott
  • Options
    SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite like the song she's singing but it'll be the typical, shouty performance from Mary.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Mary is a good singer, but how is her song a guilty pleasure?? Also it's her audition song, why is she allowed to do it again?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,168
    Forum Member
    So same old crap from Mary then - last week was the same as the week before and this week the same.

I wager she will be wearing Black and cry after she performs once again

Groundhog day.
  • Options
    mitacondmitacond Posts: 105,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Mary is a good singer, but how is her song a guilty pleasure?? Also it's her audition song, why is she allowed to do it again?

I know I wondered that too she was obviously not happy with the song she was singing. Several of the others have had to change their songs too.;)
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    So she will be dressed in black, shout the song, stand there in tears and get a patronising standing ovation
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i just watched the interview and him going on about how he wants Mary to win. i hope John and Wagner didn't see it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bex. wrote: »
    i just watched the interview and him going on about how he wants Mary to win. i hope John and Wagner didn't see it

He's saying that because he's been looking at the odds...:yawn:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mary to belt out a Shirley Bassey style number shocker!

Oh, and apparently Mary works at Tesco. Funny why they never mention it on the X Factor...
  • Options
    TomStarTomStar Posts: 2,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's too predictable particularly as we have already heard her sing it. A bit of a cop out I think!
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Agree with this.
  • Options
    PsychosisPsychosis Posts: 18,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mary is just as much a one-trick-pony as Cher. The difference is that Mary's trick is a good one :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Psychosis wrote: »
    Mary is just as much a one-trick-pony as Cher. The difference is that Mary's trick is a good one :D

But Mary is so dull and unappealing to listen to and watch. As much as I dislike Cher in term of a performer/singer talentwise - there's an enjoyable aspect that reminds me of the Grand Guignol theatre...:D
  • Options
    LolWtfLolWtf Posts: 1,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Psychosis wrote: »

Might be better than Cher's but it is still gonna get boring!