only fools and horses - mistakes

Rob22Rob22 Posts: 11,838
Forum Member
✭✭
A thread regarding little clips and mistakes, that you have noticed, that obviously wasn't supposed to happen.

ok I'll go first:

christmas crackers: during the first 2 or 3 minutes of the episode (when Rodney is reading the body language book) when Del walks in and hangs his coat up - notice the coat falls! and wasn't supposed to.

Comments

• Steve_WhelanSteve_Whelan Posts: 1,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2001_2003 christmas specials.
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D:D

good one .
  • Rob22Rob22 Posts: 11,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

lol yeah thats a good one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stage fright: when Del is talking to Raquel in the nags head, he says 'I've got lots of little pots and plans bubbling away'

well surely he meant plots and plans not pots and plans. lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

YOU BEAT ME TO THAT ONE. I would go further back though, to 1992 and mother Nature's Son. I thought that was surplus to requirements as well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    YOU BEAT ME TO THAT ONE. I would go further back though, to 1992 and mother Nature's Son. I thought that was surplus to requirements as well.

It was better than 1993's Fatal Extraction.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Agreed. I wasn't keen on that episode where Del had tootache and met that Beverly, either.
  • wildmovieguywildmovieguy Posts: 8,342
    Forum Member
    Rob22 wrote: »
    stage fright: when Del is talking to Raquel in the nags head, he says 'I've got lots of little pots and plans bubbling away'

That's what he did say :rolleyes::)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

true I suppose. The title gave it away as a nod to the Michael Douglas film. It was practically a laugh-free zone, that episode and 1990s Rodney come Home was similarly devoid of comedy apart from the five minutes where albert was supposed to feign shock at Rodney going out with the 'tania sort' as Del called her.
  • Compton_scatterCompton_scatter Posts: 2,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not seen it for a long time, but ISTR seeing the shadow of camera / lighting rigging in the episode The Yellow Peril where the three Trotters are in the takeaway for the first time.

Agree about Mother Nature's Son, I thought it was really good and miles better than the awful Fatal Extraction.
  • jake19801957jake19801957 Posts: 3,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    seen one a few weeks ago where they were in the flat and the camera was on rodney then it moved to del and u could see del in the mirror stood up but when the camera went on him he was sat down
  • LarocLaroc Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. I wasn't keen on that episode where Del had tootache and met that Beverly, either.

That episode redeemed itself for me when Beverly asked what do you want you moron and Trigger came up behind Del and said just a couple of fillings.

This is not so much as a mistake but a continuity error. When Cass first met Del he said he knew her dad, he described him as little, walking with a stutter and talking with a squint, one blue eye one brown. But then Alan Parry is nothing like that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah Fatal Extraction wasn't 1 of the better episodes - ok it was funny in places, but overall it was a bit of a dud.

I cant put my finger on it, but there's just something about Fatal Extraction thats unlikeable and off-putting.
  • stevebrownstevebrown Posts: 1,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grandad's funeral episode when they were at the wake at the flat. Del was staring into space out of the living room into the door leading into the bedrooms. The shot was from this bedroom hallway looking at Del close-up. Then the shot cuts to the living room and Del walks away from the door. As he does so, you can see the shadow of the camera which took the closeup, pulling away.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    I really enjoyed Fatal Extraction, think the only one that I don't want to re watch is miami twice. Don't know why, I just don't enjoy it as much :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    The Long Legs of the Law

When Rodney brings home Sandra the policewoman after their date, there's a mistake.

When Del and Rodney go to the bar to make a drink, David Jason knocks a glass from the bar and it smashes on the ground. Nicholas Lyndhurst reacts and has a look, and there are some titters from the audience but David just carries on as normal and the scene continues.
    Forum Member
    As One Door Closes

In the opening scene, when Del and Rodney are telling Albert about their louvre doors scheme, the supplier is referred to as Teddy Cummings. In a later scene, after they learn that the architect has changed his plans and the doors in their garage are now worthless, the supplier is referred to as Tommy Cummings.
    Forum Member

I think he should have said pots and pans bubbling away... I can't see plots and plans bubbling away on a stove somewhere, coming to the boil...