Options

Dancing on Ice 2013 - Week 7 + Skate off - 17 February 2013 - 6.15pm + 8.30pm - ITV1

1434445464749»

Comments

• Options
    SliverOfDiamondSliverOfDiamond Posts: 1,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, this has been fun.

I can't be bothered to watch the show, but watching you lot has been immensely entertaining, thank you everyone :).
  • Options
    footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,214
    Forum Member
    Samia doesn't deserve to be still in the competition. Had Robin had any bottle he would have shown her the door by voting her out

I bet Kati would have saved Keith over her
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enter wrote: »
    Before you knew of the result, I'm sure you wasn't singing that tune. It was more like, "what a joke, they want Samia to go through and Luke out!" so which one is it?

Posted just after the scores:
    Fudd wrote: »
    Samia and Sylvain
    Robin: 6.5
    Karen: 7.0
    Ashley: 7.0
    Jason: 6.5

Total: 27.0

Overall Leaderboard
    1. Matt and Brianne: 35.5
    2. Beth and Dan: 30.5
    3. Gareth and Robin: 29.5
    4. Samia and Sylvain: 27.0
    5. Keith and Olga: 25.0
    6. Luke and Jenna: 24.5

Seriously?! Just...seriously?! :D:D:D

Maybe they're trying to kill her with kindness?

And then a few minutes later...
    What that score means:
    • Robin thinks her skating was equal with Luke and better than Keith's
    • Karen thinks her skating was better than Luke and Keith
    • Ashley rates the performance better than Keith and Luke
    • That Jason rates that performance level with Beth and Keith and better than Luke
    • That the panel has completely and utterly lost the plot - hopefully it is the 'kill with kindness' approach.

So I did say it could be that BEFORE the result.

Admittedly I did think they were also attempting to hurt Luke's chances and I do think they were angling for a Luke v Samia bottom two (and, to be fair, it would have been the right bottom two though I think Luke was royally screwed over with his choreography tonight and I have no idea how Samia, who was carried throughout her performance with the solo skating skill of someone from week two, was marked higher than him. Rant over. :D:o).
  • Options
    EnterEnter Posts: 115
    Forum Member
    BIB - exactly. This week, Ashley isn't getting picked on because she gave Beth a decent score. Last week, Ashley was the wicked witch of the west.

Other weeks, when Samia has escaped the skate off, it's the CS fans who have been saving her. Tonight, it's the judges :rolleyes:

Bonkers :p

It's hilarious, isn't it? :D

At least it's far more entertaining than the show at the minute though!
    Posted just after the scores:

And then a few minutes later...

So I did say it could be that BEFORE the result.

Admittedly I did think they were also attempting to hurt Luke's chances and I do think they were angling for a Luke v Samia bottom two (and, to be fair, it would have been the right bottom two though I think Luke was royally screwed over with his choreography tonight and I have no idea how Samia, who was carried throughout her performance with the solo skating skill of someone from week two, was marked higher than him. Rant over. :D:o).

Ah, I apologise! Admittedly, I did skip a few pages here and there as the pace goes far too fast for me. Unfortunately, the only posts I read of yours were to do with the theories on Luke, until the post I originally quoted.

I do have a few theories of my own; it's hard not to when you watch such shows, but to be fair, I think Beth's got this one in the bag so much so that they don't need to manipulate anything. They'll be happy with a Beth win, I'd imagine.

The only thing they may want to change is the outcome of who comes second so we can have a much more exciting final. Beth vs. Luke wouldn't exactly be thrilling, would it? By knocking Luke, they might be hoping Matt (or even Gareth) can gain enough support to beat Luke into second place and have a better final. Since Luke and Samia are the weakest contestants that remain though, I'm more inclined to believe his scores and comments are entirely down to him being weaker than three of the others who remain in the competition.
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My own personal opinion is that Luke and Samia should have been the bottom two .

From the actual bottom two i would have saved Keith, he skated better and can skate solo, Samia to me seemed to spend most of her time in the air in that skateoff.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    richie4eva wrote: »
    I can sense a mass switchoff for the remainder of the series

Don't think I will watch again.... I gave up X Factor after the Waissel one kept getting saved and I've finally had it with this show now.

So unfair, Samia clearly hasn't wanted to do anything more than hang on while 'Silly' carries her around. Everyone else has really really tried, even though they've struggled, like say Joe.

I haven't any feeling about Samia personally, my opinion has been formed because of her attitude to solo skating. Which in my opinion she didn't do tonight either!!.
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enter wrote: »
    Ah, I apologise! Admittedly, I did skip a few pages here and there as the pace goes far too fast for me. Unfortunately, the only posts I read of yours were to do with the theories on Luke, until the post I originally quoted.

I do have a few theories of my own; it's hard not to when you watch such shows, but to be fair, I think Beth's got this one in the bag so much so that they don't need to manipulate anything. They'll be happy with a Beth win, I'd imagine.

The only thing they may want to change is the outcome of who comes second so we can have a much more exciting final. Beth vs. Luke wouldn't exactly be thrilling, would it? By knocking Luke, they might be hoping Matt (or even Gareth) can gain enough support to beat Luke into second place and have a better final. Since Luke and Samia are the weakest contestants that remain though, I'm more inclined to believe his scores and comments are entirely down to him being weaker than three of the others who remain in the competition.

With Luke, I just wish they'd give him a personality routine., The furthest they've gone is sticking a pair of glasses on him - I wish he had a rock routine or barbie girl (ok, that would be Jenna!) just so he had the chance to shine performance wise. If he failed then fair enough. To be fair to the judges, I think he should have been in the bottom two of the leaderboard but I think Samia should have been with him; not Keith.

The issue with Beth v Luke not being exciting is that they're the only two who haven't been in the bottom two so public vote wise, they have an unknown quality about them. We know Matt and Gareth both have popularity issues as they've both fell from top to bottom after the public have had their say. It's a difficult one because, as a spectacle, having Matt and Gareth in the final would give more quality to it but I think, seemingly, they'll have to sacrifice one of them for Luke. All they can hope for is people will see the difference in quality in the final and allow whoever survives over Matt and Gareth (presumably Matt) to at least claim second.

There is also the question of Samia, who will presumably have a bottom two bounce next week. This will be a big test of Luke's vote alongside that of Matt and Gareth's; I can't guess who will be in the bottom two out of them. As you say, I think Beth's collecting the majority of the votes and Samia will get a bounce which will mean she'll avoid it.
  • Options
    Sandra BeeSandra Bee Posts: 9,444
    Forum Member
    Like a lot of other people I am so disappointed in Robin Cousins.

Week after week he has being telling Samia that she needs to 'solo skate' more. He, more than anyone, has criticised her lack of skating skills and has praised Keith's ability on the ice.

Yet last night in the 'skate-off' he does a complete about turn and goes against everyhting he has been saying in previous weeks.

Keith is an overweight, middle-aged man who has managed to learn the skill of skating and also manages to lift his partner while still skating round the ice. Quite a skill for the amateur.

Samia, on the other hand, has learnt a few basic steps and spends most of her time in hold, in the air or draped over Sylvain's shoulder.

Shame on Robin, Karen and Ashley for toeing the party line and well done, Jason for being the only panel member who was honest enough to vote for the best skater.
  • Options
    Sandra BeeSandra Bee Posts: 9,444
    Forum Member
    Sandra Bee wrote: »
    Like a lot of other people I am so disappointed in Robin Cousins.

Week after week he has being telling Samia that she needs to 'solo skate' more. He, more than anyone, has criticised her lack of skating skills and has praised Keith's ability on the ice.

Yet last night in the 'skate-off' he does a complete about turn and goes against everyhting he has been saying in previous weeks.

Keith is an overweight, middle-aged man who has managed to learn the skill of skating and also manages to lift his partner while still skating round the ice. Quite a skill for the amateur.

Samia, on the other hand, has learnt a few basic steps and spends most of her time in hold, in the air or draped over Sylvain's shoulder.

Shame on Robin, Karen and Ashley for toeing the party line and well done, Jason for being the only panel member who was honest enough to vote for the best skater.

I meant to say, on a more personal level. We've swapped a happy-go-lucky, smiley personality for a whingey-whiney one. :)
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    tobi wrote: »
    Why do people not like Samia. I think she is ok. She is doing her best

I don't dislike her. I admire her ability to remain still while she is carried round the ice.
  • Options
    Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With Luke, I just wish they'd give him a personality routine., The furthest they've gone is sticking a pair of glasses on him - I wish he had a rock routine or barbie girl (ok, that would be Jenna!) just so he had the chance to shine performance wise. If he failed then fair enough. To be fair to the judges, I think he should have been in the bottom two of the leaderboard but I think Samia should have been with him; not Keith.

The issue with Beth v Luke not being exciting is that they're the only two who haven't been in the bottom two so public vote wise, they have an unknown quality about them. We know Matt and Gareth both have popularity issues as they've both fell from top to bottom after the public have had their say. It's a difficult one because, as a spectacle, having Matt and Gareth in the final would give more quality to it but I think, seemingly, they'll have to sacrifice one of them for Luke. All they can hope for is people will see the difference in quality in the final and allow whoever survives over Matt and Gareth (presumably Matt) to at least claim second.

There is also the question of Samia, who will presumably have a bottom two bounce next week. This will be a big test of Luke's vote alongside that of Matt and Gareth's; I can't guess who will be in the bottom two out of them. As you say, I think Beth's collecting the majority of the votes and Samia will get a bounce which will mean she'll avoid it.

Perhaps it's wishful thinkng on my part but am not so sure she'll get much of a bounce. It's getting towards the end of the series so not sure as a weak skater she will get one plus vote bounces tend to happen if it's perceived that someone was in the skate off when they shouldn't have been which hardly applies to Samia. I doubt the perception by many that she was wrongly saved will help her either