Options

Doctor Who: Kill the Moon - 04/10/2014 (BBC One/HD-8:30pm) Official Thread

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 389
Forum Member
Darkness will fall.... on the Doctor.

It's all change from here. The Doctor makes a terrible decision that changes Clara's perception of him for the rest of the series and strains their relationship to the extremes. This is the set up for the darker side of Capaldi's Doctor that we are bound to see for the rest of his tenure.

I'm very excited. As you can probably tell from the early thread. :D

Next time trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leGP3JXSSxQ
Preview (from The Graham Norton Show): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ha73aSMqbM
TV trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWZM_LccgMg

What did you think of the episode? 496 votes

Excellent
26% 132 votes
Good
28% 143 votes
Average
20% 104 votes
Bad
10% 50 votes
Poor
13% 67 votes

Comments

• Options
    LightMeUpLightMeUp Posts: 1,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm right there with you. I'm becoming obsessive. Why isn't it Saturday now!? It's never Saturday when I want it to be.
  • Options
    TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can you get rid of the poll please? It's absolutely meaningless if people are allowed to vote now.

Anyway, I'm more excited for this episode than I was for Listen (and I was pretty damn excited for Listen)
  • Options
    MulettMulett Posts: 9,057
    Forum Member
    Yeah, get rid of the poll. Its two days early and its wrong - there should be five options which are:

Excellent
    Good
    Average
    Poor
    Very Poor

There's no fair comparison with other episodes if people start doing their own thing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 389
    Forum Member
    Mulett wrote: »
    Yeah, get rid of the poll. Its two days early and its wrong - there should be five options which are:

Excellent
    Good
    Average
    Poor
    Very Poor

There's no fair comparison with other episodes if people start doing their own thing.

Yes, the admins will have to get rid of it as I don't know how.
  • Options
    FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    Darker side? Was this not dark enough already?

This series is starting to give me depression.
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Should have quit while you had the chance ;) S'all into darkness from here..
  • Options
    saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Partners In Crime is freely available on DVD, Blu-ray and multiple on demand platforms.

Awwww. Look at those cute blobs of fat! Wouldn't they make a fantastic stocking filler!

Meanwhile back on Modern Doctor Who- into darkness!
  • Options
    The GathererThe Gatherer Posts: 2,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Partners In Crime is freely available on DVD, Blu-ray and multiple on demand platforms.

Awwww. Look at those cute blobs of fat! Wouldn't they make a fantastic stocking filler!

Meanwhile back on Modern Doctor Who- into darkness!

About bloody time! Half the series already wasted. I look forward to the new writers and hope they can bring some fresh ideas to this tired series.
  • Options
    saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    About bloody time! Half the series already wasted. I look forward to the new writers and hope they can bring some fresh ideas to this tired series.

yeah. What a waste its been...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah. What a waste its been...

Indeed. Still, at least the few who like it now have their own thread so let's leave them to it so they can repeat to themselves ad nauseum how "excellent" the series has been so far and they don't have to bore the rest of us.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Indeed. Still, at least the few who like it now have their own thread so let's leave them to it so they can repeat to themselves ad nauseum how "excellent" the series has been so far and they don't have to bore the rest of us.

Good to see you on form for Page 1.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »

Thank you. Your support is appreciated.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 370
    Forum Member
    Hey, you must remember that every script Doctor's 1 -10 ever performed was top notch quality, of the highest order and will go down in the annals of TV history. Be fair to the man....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mboon wrote: »
    Hey, you must remember that every script Doctor's 1 -10 ever performed was top notch quality, of the highest order and will go down in the annals of TV history. Be fair to the man....

Very few liked those series though. The few that did should stop boring us with the details. ;-) Get a few new writers in... freshen up that tired performance...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very few liked those series though. The few that did should stop boring us with the details.[/QUOTE

There is very little discussion about those earlier Doctors and episodes on here currently so you must have imagined that. So no need to be bored, so hope that is a relief to you.
  • Options
    UlsterguyUlsterguy Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just curious, but on this website

http://news.doddleme.com/television-news/this-weeks-doctor-who-blows-up-the-moon/

There's a quote.

"The Doctor is returning to the scene of an old adventure – but there have been sinister changes since his last visit.” – Steven Moffat

What was the old adventure?
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ulsterguy wrote: »
    Just curious, but on this website

http://news.doddleme.com/television-news/this-weeks-doctor-who-blows-up-the-moon/

There's a quote.

"The Doctor is returning to the scene of an old adventure – but there have been sinister changes since his last visit.” – Steven Moffat

What was the old adventure?

He's had a few stories set on (or partly set on) the Moon.

Most obvious is The Moonbase.

Though that was set in 2070, 21 years later than Kill the Moon.

There's also the additional meaning that the Moon scenes were filmed in Lanzarote which had previously been used for filming the 5th Doctor story Planet of Fire.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 255
    Forum Member
    "Smith and Jones" springs to mind as a more recent lunar visit.
  • Options
    TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I cordially invite The Gatherer's silent overwhelming majority who have hated every aspect of the show for the past few years to come out and put us silly easily pleased sheeple back into our place.
  • Options
    LightMeUpLightMeUp Posts: 1,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cordially invite The Gatherer's silent overwhelming majority who have hated every aspect of the show for the past few years to come out and put us silly easily pleased sheeple back into our place.

Agreed. We're worse than Hitler.
  • Options
    adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There's plenty of posters who repeat ad nauseam how "crap" the series has been so far. They're getting boring too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member

Oh my goodness, get over yourself.
  • Options
    Jules_ThornleyJules_Thornley Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well being a newbie on here (not to DW) I'm excited about this episode.. As much as I've struggled with PC I'm getting there.. Ready for some more intrigue and less of the goofy Clara/DW relationship.. Nice to see things sour a bit between those two a little to spice it up..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 255
    Forum Member
    ProfMarius wrote: »
    "Smith and Jones" springs to mind as a more recent lunar visit.

Oh, and wasn't there an episode or two early in Series 6 that had something to do with... er, with the, er... what was I saying? No, never mind, it's gone. ;-)
  • Options
    DogmatixDogmatix Posts: 2,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LightMeUp wrote: »
    I'm right there with you. I'm becoming obsessive. Why isn't it Saturday now!? It's never Saturday when I want it to be.

We know a song about that, don't we:

Sunday, Monday - boring days,
    Tuesday, Wednesday - boring days,
    Thursday, Friday - boring days
    Saturday! What a day! Time for Doctor Who!

(Sorry, Fonz...)