Options

Trivial things that annoy you intensely. (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    Been working on my laptop for days. Got new designs and an article done. Laptop won't turn on. :( gutted.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Andy Goldstein
  • Options
    sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,975
    Forum Member
    When my cats come in from outside and immediately dump in the 'for emergencies only' litter tray >:(
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The term "white glove customer service". I heard it for the first time only a few moments ago in this rather modest video.

http://www.westfieldcorp.com/video/?video=WTC-Video-2
  • Options
    sweetpeanutsweetpeanut Posts: 4,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Articulated cars!
  • Options
    CherumanCheruman Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People stood at the bus stop who wait until they've boarded to fumble through their purse / wallet for the money / bus pass.

Seriously, you're waiting for a bus, why is it then a surprise that the driver needs some form of payment or identification?
  • Options
    kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheruman wrote: »
    People stood at the bus stop who wait until they've boarded to fumble through their purse / wallet for the money / bus pass.

Seriously, you're waiting for a bus, why is it then a surprise that the driver needs some form of payment or identification?

Ooooh yes... A few months back, I was on the bus going from North Manchester General Hospital into the city center. Woman got on with me (been waiting about ten minutes) and could she find her pass? Driver let her on under condition that she showed it asap. It took her 20 minutes of rummaging through her handbag to realize it was in her coat pocket. It was pissing me off watching her as she was being so dramatic :D
  • Options
    cazzmo1cazzmo1 Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    People catching a bus..They have stood queuing for the bus and leave it until the bus pulls in before scrambling around looking for their fare, usually at the bottom of their bag.
  • Options
    CaptainObvious_CaptainObvious_ Posts: 3,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    snot bubbles
  • Options
    silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    The expression "my bad". Huh? Does that mean "my fault" or "I'm bad"? Isn't it grammatically incorrect, because it doesn't make sense?
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    re: "My Bad" - I kinda like it. It being a short hand was of acknowledging a mistake on your part, that you've been a tad stupid, that you shoulda known better, and let's all be friends and move on, no need to dwell on it, bygones and all that... all wrapped up in 2 words.

You know how when you're wanting to cross the road and a car, though not having to, stops to let you pass, and all that's required is a smile, a nod or a single wave type gesture with a hand. That fits in the same category as the My Bad, with their simplicity of doing little but meaning much and helping us move on to the more important things in life.
  • Options
    bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    My annoyance is that software is too damned expensive.
    On the plus side I've been offered an internship at a design company. :)
    The downside is although I can use their Macs (and software) I'd still like to have my own InDesign, Illustrator etc for my laptop but it's just way too much, I don't have that kinda money.
    I know how to use the programs but I'd like to be able to keep practicing/do it at my own leisure.

Also I don't like this chilly weather as it irritates my sinuses and gives me a headache - similar to brain freeze D:
  • Options
    RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    silversox wrote: »
    The expression "my bad". Huh? Does that mean "my fault" or "I'm bad"? Isn't it grammatically incorrect, because it doesn't make sense?
    zwixxx wrote: »
    re: "My Bad" - I kinda like it. It being a short hand was of acknowledging a mistake on your part, that you've been a tad stupid, that you shoulda known better, and let's all be friends and move on, no need to dwell on it, bygones and all that... all wrapped up in 2 words.

You know how when you're wanting to cross the road and a car, though not having to, stops to let you pass, and all that's required is a smile, a nod or a single wave type gesture with a hand. That fits in the same category as the My Bad, with their simplicity of doing little but meaning much and helping us move on to the more important things in life.

It's been used since the 70s in America by sports people. Buffy the Vampire Slayer made it popular in the 90s and it's grown since then.
  • Options
    carnoch04carnoch04 Posts: 10,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People supposedly drinking out of mugs and cups in TV dramas. It never looks real, I would love, just once, to see someone lift a cup to drink and there to be tea visible in it.

You should check out the DVD out takes for Extras. They did so many takes of a particular scene that Stephen Merchant resorted to spitting the tea back into the mug as he couldn't drink any more!
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I went to a memorial service today. I'm trying to recover from the shock of seeing a person reading/using their smartphone while someone's giving an eulogy. How crass.
  • Options
    kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Working relief shifts Nov 20-27th but not getting paid til Jan 15th (when we could do with the money now) :(
  • Options
    TunnelVision9TunnelVision9 Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Getting a Next directory in the post when you haven't subscribed to get them!
  • Options
    cinnamon girlcinnamon girl Posts: 814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »
    When you see something on eBay, something very rare and impressively cheap, something akin to the missing piece in your 10+year old 1000+ jigsaw puzzle, something you just gotta GOTTA have. Then you forget all about it for a couple of days, only to remember about 2 hours after the damn auction has ended. So now you're looking at your frustratingly unsatisfyingly incomplete puzzle thinking to yourself "what's the point in keeping it if it ain't whole" (ish)

Also, when I'm typing on my new (2nd hand) laptop and the cursor suddenly moves for no reason whatsoever. It's as if I clicked a mouse button and the cursor goes to where the mouse icon thing is located. And if I don't spot it quickly enough I have to delete a bunch of text that's typed in the wrong fkn place. Serves me right for buying this cheapo crappy thing but methinks I can probably blame my parents for this one cos their combined DNA produced this fugly person who made sure to by a non-reflective laptop so to avoid staring at his mug whilst using it, thus saddling himself with a crappy bita kit. (Maybe I can sue them :))

[edit] just seen someone else is selling that missing piece on eBay. Double the price I coulda got it for but it's available nonetheless. :)

That's where your Watch List comes in handy!
    bbclassics wrote: »
    My annoyance is that software is too damned expensive.
    On the plus side I've been offered an internship at a design company. :)
    The downside is although I can use their Macs (and software) I'd still like to have my own InDesign, Illustrator etc for my laptop but it's just way too much, I don't have that kinda money.
    I know how to use the programs but I'd like to be able to keep practicing/do it at my own leisure.

Also I don't like this chilly weather as it irritates my sinuses and gives me a headache - similar to brain freez
    e D:

I can sympathise. I have rhinitis and something called mid facial segment pain sydrome, both of which are aggravated by the cold. I walk around outside with my hat pulled over my forehead and my scarf pulled up over my nose and mouth, which gains me some funny looks. :blush:
  • Options
    silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member

I can sympathise. I have rhinitis and something called mid facial segment pain sydrome, both of which are aggravated by the cold. I walk around outside with my hat pulled over my forehead and my scarf pulled up over my nose and mouth, which gains me some funny looks. :blush:

Perhaps you should wear a burka!
  • Options
    cinnamon girlcinnamon girl Posts: 814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    silversox wrote: »
    Perhaps you should wear a burka!

That could work!

*Adds burkas to ebay watch list*
  • Options
    sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,975
    Forum Member
    When I sound my horn for a perfectly valid reason, like if someone's reversing out of their drive, and they sound theirs back in a tit for tat way.
  • Options
    sweetpeanutsweetpeanut Posts: 4,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sam_gee wrote: »
    When I sound my horn for a perfectly valid reason, like if someone's reversing out of their drive, and they sound theirs back in a tit for tat way.

I have never sounded my horn. I find people who do so very odd as bad as shouting at someone who made a mistake. ( I dont mean you BTW)

Maybe its a "thank you" type of beep?
  • Options
    bookcoverbookcover Posts: 6,216
    Forum Member
    The new concept HD ovens...WTF?

Next comes the new 3D versions no doubt, with techni-colour, surround sound and smellie-vision...for that realistic effect of the food you are cooking.

:confused::D:D:D
  • Options
    bookcoverbookcover Posts: 6,216
    Forum Member
    Getting a Next directory in the post when you haven't subscribed to get them!

Are you my neighbour? :o I am always asking you for them back...

*Swipes Christmas edition.* pfft

:p
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    if you're not one for checking your email often then this doesn't always stop you missing out :(
    Sometime you do get lucky and the seller relists the item you missed. :p
This discussion has been closed.