Options

DS Crisis Support Group? (Part 5)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hi everyone polly my results proved nothing so i am no further forward however for those of you who remember my niece steph with the brain tumour it has now grown significantly and she starts chemo in two weeks i feel so helpless and sorry for her children:cry:
  • Options
    eveningstareveningstar Posts: 19,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sal, you're an amazing woman, so much to cope with and still always ready with a kind word for anyone who posts on here. Sorry to hear about Steph, your family seems to have more than its share of trials, how are you feeling now?
    Polly x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    not really polly just the excellent parents i had x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whatever it was, it seems to have worked well :)

A quick catch up from me, though I was devastated when my ex left I find now that life has never been better. Being my own person has been an adventure, I have learned to decorate and finished thw whole house now, have the garden just as I want it and am at peace in my home.

The kids have left home, but still very much in touch, and life is sweet again. See, however bad life gets, there are nearly always good times ahead to take you by surprise.

Polly x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whatever it was, it seems to have worked well :)

A quick catch up from me, though I was devastated when my ex left I find now that life has never been better. Being my own person has been an adventure, I have learned to decorate and finished thw whole house now, have the garden just as I want it and am at peace in my home.

The kids have left home, but still very much in touch, and life is sweet again. See, however bad life gets, there are nearly always good times ahead to take you by surprise.

Polly x

good for you polly you deserve it xxx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would never have got through it without the excellent people on this thread. I will always be grateful.
  • Options
    madlh100madlh100 Posts: 9,893
    Forum Member
    Having a depressing moment.

I can't stop thinking about someone I feel I've fell in love with.

I don't want to start another thread because people will just hate me and not take me seriously.

:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    madlh100 wrote: »
    Having a depressing moment.

I can't stop thinking about someone I feel I've fell in love with.

I don't want to start another thread because people will just hate me and not take me seriously.

:(

i wuill be in later but i am a little busy today take care ok x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just to let all my friends on here know that steph passed.away last night x
  • Options
    gillypandagillypanda Posts: 13,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh Sally I am so sorry to hear that, she was a very brave lady. I hope you and all the family are bearing up xxxx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gillypanda wrote: »
    Oh Sally I am so sorry to hear that, she was a very brave lady. I hope you and all the family are bearing up xxxx

It was a lot more sudden than we thought last week we were told her chemo had failed and we were looking at months so it was an awful shock to hear today she had gone thanks gilly we are just waiting to hear when the funeral is
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 325
    Forum Member
    could someone pm me please? I'm at a shocking low ebb right now
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Sal, I only just found this message, so sorry to hear that, you've been through so much with Steph, ((((hugs))))) to you and your family
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You probably don't remember me (been lurking after a bit of a disagreement with some other fms on the thread)

just wanted to send a log of hugs and thoughts to sally, you are an amazing woman and dont deserve half of what life puts you through, xxx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks jane and polly its been a hard week but we are getting there x
  • Options
    Xela MXela M Posts: 4,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm feeling rotten lately.. I just split up with my husband who left me with huge debts. I have no idea how I'm going to manage financially, as my salary is not enough to even meet the monthly instalments. He's not giving me a penny.

We have a baby who lives with me, but I'm away working almost 24/7 and only see her at night (just before she goes to sleep or when she's already asleep). I have a very demanding job, but feel so demotivated, as I feel like I'll never get out of this financial vicious circle...

I just need a psychic to reassure me that everything is going to be OK one day.. and when that is going to be!!!
  • Options
    tokio17tokio17 Posts: 427
    Forum Member
    Been a looooong time since I posted here. Just want to chat really, get a load off.

before I start, thank god for the ongoing thread.

I'm not suicidal, haven't felt that way in months despite things being bad. The last time I was gonna hang myself. Spent a week looking at that noose I made. But I made it. And I realised that I have what it takes to see any challenge/crisis/ordeal through and move on.

So my mum is in Hospital again after nearly suffering another Respiratory Arrest. Only this time fluid had not just built up on her lungs but heart too. I found that out on my way to PTSD clinic from mum's friend. In the middle of the street.

Looks like she's gonna be on oxygen for the rest of her life.

To my face she was all concerned about me. To my mum she was all bitchy about me.

To me " Oh, it's nice to see you!" To my mum "Why doesn't your son come in and see you more often? He's such a selfish bastard isn't he?"

Why do women do that? It's almost always women!

With men ya know where ya stand! If they got a problem ya know where you stand! And I would have told him well it's because I suffer from post traumatic stress disorder and one of my trauma's is where I had to do CPR on my own mother after celebrating getting my NVQ in Business Administration with my friends who I had quite a journey with at college.

As for me being useless, well, I got a bloke out to fix the boiler. A proper heating engineer who filled it up, spent 2 hours sorting it all out and charged me just £70 despite us agreeing on £100 and he called me back today to see how it was all going! So stick that in your flue and light it!

I'm not saying all women are like that. Joan Rivers ain't is she?

The reason I haven't seen my mum more often? PTSD clinic is HARD WORK! I sleep the rest of Tuesdays. I had this Tuesday off because Sarah, my therapist, is on holiday so I had enough energy to make the 4 hour round trip to see my mum. I only got to spend 90 minutes with her.

I also had to ditch my closest (geographically) friend. He was an energy vampire. He also began to sexually harass me. I'm happier without him in my life.

I'm pretty sure I'll be sorted for life with a sex doll for sex and a dog. That's my idea for a relationship. Anything else is a bonus.

Oh yeah, been doing a maths course. City & Guilds Adult Numeracy Level 2 - doing practice exams for it. Need to revise Range.

So thanks for reading :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear about you're mum, hope you're doing okay.

Sex doll and a dog sounds like a good plan :p xx
  • Options
    ElliotSaundersElliotSaunders Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    Hey guys, can someone PM me for a chat? I would post a advice thread but tbh I don't think I would get much help and might end up feeling worse by the end of it. It's not a crisis as such, just something that's making me upset.

Thanks
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you can pm me if u want
  • Options
    minkskiminkski Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member
    (((sallygill))) sorry for your loss. One of my closest friends has just been diagnosed with terminal cancer, I shall probably want a chat at some time, it is very sudden (last 2 weeks) and she is declining very quickly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    minkski wrote: »
    (((sallygill))) sorry for your loss. One of my closest friends has just been diagnosed with terminal cancer, I shall probably want a chat at some time, it is very sudden (last 2 weeks) and she is declining very quickly.

thanks minkski its not easy its two months on christmas day then this week my friend lost her 6 mth baby unfortunately it wasnt an accident and someone has been charged x
  • Options
    minkskiminkski Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member
    That's awful Sallygill, if YOU need a chat, PM me.

Christmas is always awful for those who have lost loved ones, as there is someone missing :(

(((hugs))))
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well... tomorrow's the day that I put a fake smile on and pretend that I don't mind watching all the kids enjoy Christmas Day...
  • Options
    ladydragonladydragon Posts: 3,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just wanted to shove my nose in and wish everyone the best Christmas they can have...

It'll be 'odd' here again without CJ and no doubt I'll have a moment or two where it'll get a bit overwhelming... But if the other kids get to have a good time and visitors enjoy dropping by - it'll all be good...

At the moment our youngest kitten is having fun playing with all the bags and chopped off bits of wrapping paper... Little things... :)

Here's hoping everyone finds something to make them smile just a little bit this Christmas...

x