Options

Clowns - the great debate

ginockginock Posts: 1,329
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I personally find them very creepy and not in the least bit funny, if I had kids I would certanly not take them! I can't say why I find them creepy but I really dont like them!

What do you think? Creepy or Funny?

Comments

• Options
    Chilli DragonChilli Dragon Posts: 24,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dunno. Clowns tend to be crap anyway.

Apart from Krusty.
  • Options
    skunkboy69skunkboy69 Posts: 9,506
    Forum Member
    As funny as syphilis.Some are downright scary.We should not let our kids see them.
  • Options
    Sherry TrifleSherry Trifle Posts: 2,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Creepy.

Anyone else seen "Killer Clowns From Outer Space"? :eek:
  • Options
    HarryValleyHarryValley Posts: 16,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Creepy.

Not round our way, are there a lot of them about?
  • Options
    richard craniumrichard cranium Posts: 4,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funny, nobody found Clowns creepy till Stephen King put one in a creepy novel.

If you don't laugh when someone puts foam down a clown's trousers then you may be dead. :p

Please check for vital signs.
  • Options
    sallycamebacksallycameback Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The ones in Cirque du Soleil go beyond scary.
  • Options
    lightdragonlightdragon Posts: 19,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Creepy.

Especially the John Wayne Gacy type.
  • Options
    chiller15chiller15 Posts: 4,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't find them creepy, but nor do I find them funny/entertaining.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    Clowns are horrible. And IT is probably the most scary creature ever created.
    Even regular clowns creep me out.

Does anyone know the reason for coulrophobia?
    Maybe it's the exaggerated facial expressions and the fact that you can't really tell what emotion the person is feeling?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate clowns,they creep me out,when IT & Clownhouse came out i was terrified, then my mum took me to the circus! lol Killer clowns was funny though,its really cheap looking now :D
  • Options
    Sherry TrifleSherry Trifle Posts: 2,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not round our way, are there a lot of them about?

Very good :D
  • Options
    ChristaChrista Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scary, scary clowns

(sung to the tune of starry starry night)
  • Options
    fizzycatfizzycat Posts: 6,120
    Forum Member

Yes, they did! I had nightmares about clowns after being taken to the circus for the first time in the early 1950s. :p
  • Options
    MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Creepy and terrifying.

When I was a kid I used to hide behind the sofa and scream when any came on TV.
  • Options
    ginockginock Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Was Polterguist before IT? The creepiest thing about Polterguist for me was when the clown appeared under the bed after sitting on the chair :eek:
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If you don't laugh when someone puts foam down a clown's trousers then you may be dead. :p

Please check for vital signs.

Erm, no, lots of us found clowns creepy WAY before that.

"It" wasn't published until 1986... I was 15 by then, and had always found clowns creepy. Why do you think King used a clown in a book which was, essentially, about all manner of traditionally-creepy horror tropes, if the clown wasn't already a creepy image to many?

Incidentally, John Wayne Gacy was busted in 1978, almost a decade before "It" came out. And he was the creepiest clown EVER.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 208
    Forum Member
    Took my 4 year old to the circus yesterday. We had to leave after 20 mins my son was so freaked out by the clown. I fear I may have given him a lifetime phobia!:(
  • Options
    _radioamerica_radioamerica Posts: 4,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ginock wrote: »
    I personally find them very creepy and not in the least bit funny, if I had kids I would certanly not take them! I can't say why I find them creepy but I really dont like them!

What do you think? Creepy or Funny?

Clowns are freaky, really ****ing creepy. Probably the most creepy thing ever. I took LSD once years back and all I could think about was clowns, then a bit of clowny music came on when I was listening to a mr bungle album and my boyfriend was on the toilet and i was probably the most scared I'd ever been in my life

damn clowns.

As the great bart simson said: can't sleep, clowns will eat me.
  • Options
    Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As someone said earlier, Krusty the clown is funny. :D
  • Options
    TaomiTaomi Posts: 622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ginock wrote: »
    Was Polterguist before IT? The creepiest thing about Polterguist for me was when the clown appeared under the bed after sitting on the chair :eek:

Yes I think so and that is exactly why I am afraid of clowns. Horrible things that they are and I always think of that scene in the film when I think of them **shudder**
  • Options
    SuperUnleadedSuperUnleaded Posts: 3,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clowns have always made me laff like a wee kiddie - even the crap ones. The sad face clowns are the best. :D

For those scared of them... boohoo.
  • Options
    angustayangustay Posts: 2,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have always liked clowns but some can be realy creepy

Pennywise from IT played by Tim Curry

Robert Powell in Harliquin (I know many say they are not real clowns they just explain Shakespear to the common folk in theatres during the 1800s)

Jughead and Jiggles (an alcoholic clown and his blonde bubble brained assistant clownette i met at a bucks party years ago) not to go into details but he used to pee on an electric fence live on stage then crank it up every now and then and she would fire ping pong balls into pickle jars on the other side of the room) Disturbing and creepy.
  • Options
    purplelinuspurplelinus Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clowns are freaky, really ****ing creepy. Probably the most creepy thing ever. I took LSD once years back and all I could think about was clowns, then a bit of clowny music came on when I was listening to a mr bungle album and my boyfriend was on the toilet and i was probably the most scared I'd ever been in my life

damn clowns.

As the great bart simson said: can't sleep, clowns will eat me.

:eek::D:D:D
  • Options
    christina83christina83 Posts: 11,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I fricking hate them.
  • Options
    embyemby Posts: 7,837
    Forum Member
    Creepy.

That film is comical, not in the least bit scary :D
    IT on the other hand ... that scares the beejesus out of me!