Options

LG 42LF7700 loosing channel map

Hi

We've had a LG 42LF7700 for about 6 months but just recently its started randomly loosing all the freeview channels every now and again?

So we have to do a rescan sometimes when we switch it on (we dont switch it off at the mains, just press the button at the front)

Only thing thats changed... we've installed a "power-down" adaptor... so the vcr, dvd, wii are powered off when the TV is switched off...... the still has permanent power though...

...I can't see how this would cause my problem, would it?

Comments

• Options
    chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well one way to eliminate the power down device would be to remove it entirely for a few days. If the telly remembers it's channels again then it's some weirdness with the power down device.

Though like you I am struggling to work out what exactly it could do that would affect the telly in this way. But worth a punt.

If the telly still loses channels then you can be fairly certain it was just a coincidence it started about the same time as the power down device went in. So the TV may well be faulty, which may mean getting in touch with whoever you bought it from to arrange a repair.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    good plan. thank you!