Sharing the love

katmobilekatmobile Posts: 10,886
Forum Member
✭✭
Having read the celebs you hate for no reason thread and seeing someone describe a under-five year old as 'an oxygen chief' has prompted me to start to spread a little love around here.

Yes there are always people you loathe - I still maintain that a bomb dropped the entire "Britain's Got Talent" panel would be a bit of service to humanity but I'd like to spread a little love around here. Whom you like watching on the tv?

My list goes:

David Tennant - I know he's become a target for some mainly I suspect people fed up with his recent omipresence on tv whom don't think he deserves his sex symbol status. However I do and I think even he didn't it's it lovely to see an obviously intelligent man whom hasn't become a cynical old bastard and has some enthiasisam for what he does?

Talking of cynical old bastards Charlie Brooker - because sometimes they're needed - especially if they're funny with it.

or even if they just still have the principals to expose the bs and bs'ers of this world like Jeremy Paxman -

Robert Webb - you've got to love a man who can discuss poetry with real understanding and soul one minute and then do a hilarious but still quite skilled riff on Flashdance the next.

Stephen Fry - yes he can be a bit of a lovey on occasion but he's also intelligent, funny and his honesty in talking about his mental health problems has probably done a lot of good in helping people with similar problems.

Kate Winslett - she seems very down to earth and I like the fact that she proves you don't have to be a stick insect to be a glamourous film star.

Johnny Depp - glamourous, talented, has the integrity to do things because they interest him rather than what he might get paid to do them and a generous streak - what's not to love?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Keira Knightley. Always seems really nice and sharp and funny in interviews. And ridiculously pretty.

Johnny Depp. Seems really sweet and like he really loves his wife/girlfriend(?) and kids. And doesn't seem at all arrogant about how goodlooking he is.

Hugh Jackman. Seems very nice and gentlemanly.

Simon Amstell. Funny.

Peter Crouch. Looks really huggable.

Andy Murray. Nice accent and you can tell he has real dedication and determination to have got to where he has.

Kevin Ashman from Eggheads. Just so clever.

Eva Green. Seems cool.

Sally Phillips. Funny.
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Oxygen chief"? Did you mean thief?
  • katmobilekatmobile Posts: 10,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Oxygen chief"? Did you mean thief?

Yes I did - typed in a hurray sorry!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People I love:
    David Tennant- I could watch him in anything! Or listen to his voice forever.
    Catherine Tate- she always makes me laugh
    Bill Turnbull- in the mornings i love his wit on Breakfast
    Trevor Eve- very watchable

They are only the obvious ones i can think of :)
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    katmobile wrote: »
    Yes I did - typed in a hurray sorry!

No worries :) it just confused me for a little bit :o