Capital FM Network (Part 2)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 184
    Forum Member
    Has there been any promotion for the launch of Capital TV yet? According to the listings on Sky, Heart and Capital TV both launch tomorrow night at 11pm on 387/388 (originally scheduled for 6am, and they've already missed a few launch dates so they could be delayed again).

Yeah, Iv'e seen that. It't going to be Capital TV Vs KISS TV :):D
    Forum Member
    Has there been any promotion for the launch of Capital TV yet? According to the listings on Sky, Heart and Capital TV both launch tomorrow night at 11pm on 387/388 (originally scheduled for 6am, and they've already missed a few launch dates so they could be delayed again).

Iv'e listened all day and haven't heard anything yet. They might start promoting after It's launched
  • JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh great, so we will hear endless promotions for it on the radio station then, brilliant :mad:
    Forum Member
    Once again another round of applause to Global radio for wasting money on silly computers which cue in the commercial breaks at the wrong time and another applause for probably wasting money on Capital TV.

Big competition with the likes of MTV, Dance nation, KISS and other Music channels.
  • -ajm--ajm- Posts: 5,879
    Forum Member
    MattJW wrote: »
    Once again another round of applause to Global radio for wasting money on silly computers which cue in the commercial breaks at the wrong time and another applause for probably wasting money on Capital TV.

Big competition with the likes of MTV, Dance nation, KISS and other Music channels.

I doubt it add many overheads. Satellite uplink probably the most expensive thing. I don't have satellite so can't watch.
  • suffolkbluesuffolkblue Posts: 4,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They were launching at 11am so yet another delay on heart and capital tv.
  • Mapperley RidgeMapperley Ridge Posts: 9,922
    Forum Member

My goodness - nearly 40 posts and almost all of them about what you think is wrong with Capital. Maybe you should listen less?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    Getting weird. James Barr's voice was echoed and faded out then Andi Durrant's program started without a commercial break. :confused:

I remember this happening the week before as well....
    Forum Member
    My goodness - nearly 40 posts and almost all of them about what you think is wrong with Capital. Maybe you should listen less?

Yeah, but it's still good fun:)
  • PhilHPhilH Posts: 2,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, but it's still good fun:)

For whom?
    Forum Member
    PhilH wrote: »
    For whom?

Me and maybe others. I do apologise if I'm complaining too much about Capital.
    Forum Member
    "11PM Live Across The UK This Is Capital TV" - Not bad actually:) Ne-Yo - Let Me Love You kicked started the channel.

Friday 9PM - Club Capital looks good
  • Crapital FartCrapital Fart Posts: 401
    Forum Member
    and they can't even launch a channel with the correct aspect ratio

it's broadcasting in 4:3, with videos being squeezed into the frame, looks awful, cheap and amateur
  • vinnielovinnielo Posts: 8,355
    Forum Member
    This has been fixed now.
    It's pleasing that there's not a lot of on-screen clutter that seems to plague the other music channels.
    What would top it all off now is the availability of subtitles for a good sing-along.
  • radiodadradiodad Posts: 2,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "11PM Live Across The UK This Is Capital TV" - Not bad actually:) Ne-Yo - Let Me Love You kicked started the channel.

Friday 9PM - Club Capital looks good

Wow are you feeling ok! You are aware Capital TV is part of Global right ?
    Forum Member
    radiodad wrote: »
    Wow are you feeling ok! You are aware Capital TV is part of Global right ?

Yes.Fully aware thanks. Point is?
  • nikobatallonesnikobatallones Posts: 4,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vinnielo wrote: »
    This has been fixed now.
    It's pleasing that there's not a lot of on-screen clutter that seems to plague the other music channels.
    What would top it all off now is the availability of subtitles for a good sing-along.
    A music channel here in the Philippines has these subtitles all the time... you'll get annoyed with them soon enough. :D
  • MusicmasterproxMusicmasterprox Posts: 959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    James Barr is back in the mix tonight.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    God, Capital TV really sucks. There's some older tunes on Capital Radio, but on TV... It's like 20 songs in there. Don't get me wrong, I love chart songs, but after yesterday I can't listen to Ne-Yo, Conor Maynard and PSY songs anymore. It played more than a million times from 12 a.m. to 9 p.m. yesterday when I had Capital TV on in a background.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    James Barr is back in the mix tonight.

He always has been on a Saturday night. They just don't allow him to play remixes. :p

Though I have noticed that recently he plays a lot more dance, 'none-playlisted' music. Tonight he played 'Years' by Alesso and last week he played 'We've Only Just Begun' by Micheal Woods.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    eigh wrote: »
    God, Capital TV really sucks. There's some older tunes on Capital Radio, but on TV... It's like 20 songs in there. Don't get me wrong, I love chart songs, but after yesterday I can't listen to Ne-Yo, Conor Maynard and PSY songs anymore. It played more than a million times from 12 a.m. to 9 p.m. yesterday when I had Capital TV on in a background.

Pretty sure I heard Calvin Harris's song 'We'll Be Coming Back' twice in the space of 20 minutes yesterday.
    Forum Member
    Kiss are advertising more for their TV channel.

Global Radio vs Bauer Media :D
  • omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kiss are advertising more for their TV channel.

Global Radio vs Bauer Media :D

Bauer's problem is their TV and Radio stations share names.. but that's about it. Magic TV is nothing like Magic 105.4 and Kiss TV was until recently 100% urban, completely ignoring dance music for many years before starting to play it again earlier this year.
  • M60M60 Posts: 5,592
    Forum Member
    Bauer's problem is their TV and Radio stations share names.. but that's about it. Magic TV is nothing like Magic 105.4 and Kiss TV was until recently 100% urban, completely ignoring dance music for many years before starting to play it again earlier this year.

Bauer's services are all behind Sky paywalls in the Entertainment Extra pack whereby Global's are FTA and also on Freesat so guess that will also contribute to higher viewing figures over time than Bauer's. Not seen much of Magic or Kiss TV for a while now.
  • nikobatallonesnikobatallones Posts: 4,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought I'd mention it here: Mash will appear on this week's 6 Mix on BBC 6 Music. Unless somebody's mentioned it here already.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01nd2tw