Your Favourite Soap Twist

BadRomanceBadRomance Posts: 8,715
Forum Member
What's your favourite soap twist of all time?

Mine was when Home and Away's Sally found out that her childhood imaginary friend, Milco, her very first storyline on the show, turned out to be her real twin brother exactly twenty years later.
Absolutely fantastic acting from the flawless Kate Ritchie as well as some ingenious writing and fantastic links to one of the show's first stories

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3J23TGIGx6A

Comments

• Lizzie BrookesLizzie Brookes Posts: 15,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was a nice twist when the Stapemeister in Corrie survived the jump from the roof and a very good thing he didn't die at that point since if he had he couldn't have cleared Fiz's name and been forgiven by her.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chloe's death in H&A. They made it appear that Martha was the one who died as she was in a critical condition after the car crash while Chloe was fully conscious and seemed to only have a broken arm.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EE - Danielle as Ronnies Daughter, will always stick in my mind as I absolutely did not see it coming, very obvious with hindsight but at the time I avoided spoilers and just had no idea!
  • BellaroooBellarooo Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chloe's death in Home and Away shocked me as I thought ot was Martha also
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,871
    Forum Member
    When everyone thought Cain shot Sadie in front of Tom King, only for it to turn out to be part of a plot between them both to get money from Tom. I remember DS was in shock and there was about two pages of people going " :eek: He shot Sadie" :D
  • BadRomanceBadRomance Posts: 8,715
    Forum Member
    Yeah I forgot about Chloe. That was a massive shock as they said she was back for good and died three weeks later!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,980
    Forum Member
    The one that sticks out the most is Sadie's fake death in Emmerdale and re-appearing later on. We all knew both Sadie & Cain were going to leave, but it was a massive shock nevertheless.

Corrie's biggest shock for me would probably be John Stape surviving the hospital fall. Totally unbelievable, but genius at the same time:D

H&A's biggest shock for me was one of the season finales where the episode had finished, but then it panned over to a mystery hospital where Zoe McCallister/Eve Jacobsen was still alive:eek::eek:

Other ones...
    -I really wasn't expecting Terry to die in the Emmerdale fire in 2011, that was quite a shock for me that ED killed off two of its longest serving members in one episode!
    -I remember being shocked finding out Carl had killed Tom.
    -When Charlie conned Diane, then appeared at the end conning another woman:eek:
  • hetty100hetty100 Posts: 4,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HO when Lynsey was found dead
    HO when Jono was fine one minute then died outside in Ruby's arms later.
    EE when Sharon turned up at the Vic on the 20th anniversary.
    HO when Brendan chopped up Mick.
    EE whe Steven Beale was the one revealed to be stalking Ian
  • BadRomanceBadRomance Posts: 8,715
    Forum Member
    The one that sticks out the most is Sadie's fake death in Emmerdale and re-appearing later on. We all knew both Sadie & Cain were going to leave, but it was a massive shock nevertheless.

Corrie's biggest shock for me would probably be John Stape surviving the hospital fall. Totally unbelievable, but genius at the same time:D

H&A's biggest shock for me was one of the season finales where the episode had finished, but then it panned over to a mystery hospital where Zoe McCallister/Eve Jacobsen was still alive:eek::eek:

Other ones...
    -I really wasn't expecting Terry to die in the Emmerdale fire in 2011, that was quite a shock for me that ED killed off two of its longest serving members in one episode!
    -I remember being shocked finding out Carl had killed Tom.

And it was five more months after they showed Zoe alive that she actually returned. Talk about keeping us in suspense!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,980
    Forum Member
    BadRomance wrote: »
    And it was five more months after they showed Zoe alive that she actually returned. Talk about keeping us in suspense!!

I remember also how I had no idea she was actually the stalker. That was a huge shock, as I didn't read any of the Aus pace spoilers.

THEN, I was further shocked, when Peter's police friend (can't remember her name) turned out to be her accomplice when the barn blew up at Jack & Martha's wedding :eek:

That was such a good storyline, as it was a long running one, which H&A don't tend to do anymore. It ran all the way from Felix harassing Dani, to Sarah's involvement, to Noah's death, to Zoe arriving and causing chaos. I remember thinking it couldn't be Zoe, because she was attacked by the stalker, but it was later revealed she faked the attack.
  • Dannielle_HowelDannielle_Howel Posts: 1,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Denise being alive is one of my favs (EE)
    Followed by the most recent Lynsey's Death... Did not see that coming.(HO)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    I remember also how I had no idea she was actually the stalker. That was a huge shock, as I didn't read any of the Aus pace spoilers.

THEN, I was further shocked, when Peter's police friend (can't remember her name) turned out to be her accomplice when the barn blew up at Jack & Martha's wedding :eek:

That was such a good storyline, as it was a long running one, which H&A don't tend to do anymore. It ran all the way from Felix harassing Dani, to Sarah's involvement, to Noah's death, to Zoe arriving and causing chaos. I remember thinking it couldn't be Zoe, because she was attacked by the stalker, but it was later revealed she faked the attack.

Her name was Tracey.

The Zoë storyline is my favourite ever storyline - I wish her or Tracey were alive to return. :D

I remember being shocked when she was still alive. :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mine is definitely Lynsey's murder on Hollyoaks... such a fantastic twist in a boring episode! Really sticks out in my mind! I still miss little old Lynsey! :(
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    BadRomance wrote: »
    What's your favourite soap twist of all time?

Mine was when Home and Away's Sally found out that her childhood imaginary friend, Milco, her very first storyline on the show, turned out to be her real twin brother exactly twenty years later.
    Absolutely fantastic acting from the flawless Kate Ritchie as well as some ingenious writing and fantastic links to one of the show's first stories

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3J23TGIGx6A

Danielle in EE being ronnies daughter and then her death
  • IzzyInTheHouseIzzyInTheHouse Posts: 4,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ross1998 wrote: »
    Mine is definitely Lynsey's murder on Hollyoaks... such a fantastic twist in a boring episode! Really sticks out in my mind! I still miss little old Lynsey! :(

Lynsey, still breaks my heart :cry:
  • pumpkinlattes33pumpkinlattes33 Posts: 8,326
    Forum Member
    Lynsey's death in Hollyoaks really shocked me as I wasn't expecting it at all, they kept it such a secret!
  • RonSwanson92RonSwanson92 Posts: 768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EE - Chrissie killing Den.
    HO - Clare turning up in an airport alive.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    EE - Chrissie killing Den.
    HO - Clare turning up in an airport alive.

Still remember being stunned when Clare turned up in the airport, it was a perfect ending for her. Lynseys death was also up there for me.
  • RonSwanson92RonSwanson92 Posts: 768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    leojordan wrote: »
    Still remember being stunned when Clare turned up in the airport, it was a perfect ending for her. Lynseys death was also up there for me.

Loved they way just as she was talking to the guy in the suit she give a little look to the camera as if to say "yep I'm about to ruin this guys life and enjoy doing it"
  • Sinbazro_05Sinbazro_05 Posts: 923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Marcus Christie running off with the Mitchell family's money.
  • Yoshi FanYoshi Fan Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Marcus Christie running off with the Mitchell family's money.

This was the first one that came to mind. After years of being loyal to the Mitchells, to find out he'd betrayed them was a massive :eek: moment!
  • EuanDesuEuanDesu Posts: 2,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stella burning ben
  • MrRenMrRen Posts: 1,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HO - Lynsey's Murder (Soaps best kept secret)
    HO - Riley being shot by mistake
    EE - Chrissie killing Den with Sam watching
    ED - Finding out it was Carl who killed Tom
    ED - Cain & Sadie's exit week (we knew they were going but how they did it was brilliant)
  • johnloonyjohnloony Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Marcus Christie suddenly embezzling Phil Mitchell's money and running away with it.