SuperHub 2

124»

Comments

• bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stew2676 wrote: »
    got my superhub2 today seems to be working ok there was a note in the box saying to put the old superhub into the box and they would be in touch in the next 2 weeks to arrange collection, has anyone actually had their old superhub collected or is the box just going to sit there for a while?

They said the same thing to me about my TV box - I only got the TV part as the full package was cheaper than just broadband and phone so I asked them to take it back. That was a couple of years ago and it's now in the loft.
  • sean2387sean2387 Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    I've never like provided equipment always used my own equipment. Currently using superhub one in modem only mode with a cisco ea4500 router. Using 5ghz maxes out the connection, getting 104mb down.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2786861816.png
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    Hi, before i try and get my SH to a SH2 can someone who has one please check to see if you can change the DNS? I really want to get back onto Open DNS, my kids are growing up fast and with 2 Laptops, 1 Desktop, 1 iPad, 2 iPhone, 2 games consoles and soon to add another (PS4) it's a complete pain to change all the DNS individually and on my ROKU box I can't even change it.

Thanks
  • dannylaudannylau Posts: 926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Numa wrote: »
    Hi, before i try and get my SH to a SH2 can someone who has one please check to see if you can change the DNS? I really want to get back onto Open DNS, my kids are growing up fast and with 2 Laptops, 1 Desktop, 1 iPad, 2 iPhone, 2 games consoles and soon to add another (PS4) it's a complete pain to change all the DNS individually and on my ROKU box I can't even change it.

Thanks

You can't do it, but it has been requested
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    ok thanks, i imagine as its virgin we'll be waiting forever
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 208
    Forum Member
    got my superhub2 today seems to be working ok there was a note in the box saying to put the old superhub into the box and they would be in touch in the next 2 weeks to arrange collection, has anyone actually had their old superhub collected or is the box just going to sit there for a while?

Not sure why you would want to keep them as they are useless ( wirelessly )
    Got my SH2 yesterday and all i can say is WOW!
    getting wireless everywhere in my house and even in the garden.
    Virgin
    About bloody time!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    wozski wrote: »
    Not sure why you would want to keep them as they are useless ( wirelessly )
    Got my SH2 yesterday and all i can say is WOW!
    getting wireless everywhere in my house and even in the garden.
    Virgin
    About bloody time!

I don't want to keep it (as you say rubbish wirelessly) but I also don't to throw it out and then find that they want it back the SH2 is superb wirelessly anywhere in the house
    2828144837.png
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 208
    Forum Member
    I don't want to keep it (as you say rubbish wirelessly) but I also don't to throw it out and then find that they want it back the SH2 is superb wirelessly anywhere in the house
    2828144837.png

Superb results -
    what do you find gets best results?
    im on 60meg and these are mine
    http://www.speedtest.net/android/510660844.png
  • rock8633rock8633 Posts: 1,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wireless range is better on the superhub 2 but my speed over the wireless is the same, xbox 360 /ps3 only pull in 13 Mb down , 3 Mb up , and Nokia lumia 16 Mb down and 4 Mb upload ,wheres when the tech guy came out for somthing else i asked him to test on his mobile and he pulled in 80 Mb over wireless on i phone.
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How on earth did you get a self install
  • rock8633rock8633 Posts: 1,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been 4 weeks and stil no one has come for old superhub after my self install of superhub 2
  • fenlanderfenlander Posts: 2,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nobody wants an old model superhub, including VM.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got one. My wireless is WORSE than what it was. I barely have any signal in my room and when I do it's sooooo slow. Granted i'm at the other end of the house and it's a big house but still - I could get the signal in my garden before they gave this new hub. NOT impressed.
  • tvmad-alantvmad-alan Posts: 1,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I phoned them the other day to ask for update and told reason why ( sorry under contract so can tell ) but still they wish charge me £49.99 for a new hub ???

Sad that the new hub 2 is costing £50 for customers that have top speed as they are getting the price back quick with a year contact..... they will be getting the units for about £30 each as they have around 1million customers so the unit cost have be low .....
  • martytoomartytoo Posts: 1,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From the day it was installed the wireless on my SH has been off I have a TP-Link TL-WR1043ND which gives a good wi-fi connection throughout the house and into the back garden.
    I have no interest in a SH2 especially if it costs £50!
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We had the original superbub which never gave off a wireless signal. We had to use our own, we are getting the new one on Saturday, hope its am improvement.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    I got a superhub 2 free as i was out of contract along with an additional 1TB tivo box. It seems to work much better than my old super hub.