Netflix just for new customers?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26
Forum Member
HI, I would imagine this may of been asked but I've done a search and I cannot find it.

First question - is the six month netflix offer only for new customers or is it also for existing customers on Premier and VIP packages.

Next question - If it is included for Premier/VIP customers then is the XL package the same as the Premier collection but with just a different name? From the list of channels that are listed on the Premier Collection it would seem that they are the same ones on our XL package

Comments

• gothergother Posts: 14,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's for new customers or exsisting customers that upgrade to the Premier or VIP package.
    Be warned as people are losing their loyalty discount by doing this , if you want Netflix it's probably safer to do the free month trial via Netflix then just pay the £5.99p/m. You can still use Netflix on your tivo box all you do is sign in with your Netflix login details.
    Premier pack is not same as XL as premier pack is a combination of XL TV , 60mb b , phone and a extra tv box i think vhd.
    XL is just the tv with whatever combination you have such as 30mb bb , xltv , phone. This would not be classed as the premier pack.
  • bamindybamindy Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    gother wrote: »
    It's for new customers or exsisting customers that upgrade to the Premier or VIP package.
    Be warned as people are losing their loyalty discount by doing this , if you want Netflix it's probably safer to do the free month trial via Netflix then just pay the £5.99p/m. You can still use Netflix on your tivo box all you do is sign in with your Netflix login details.
    Premier pack is not same as XL as premier pack is a combination of XL TV , 60mb b , phone and a extra tv box i think vhd.
    XL is just the tv with whatever combination you have such as 30mb bb , xltv , phone. This would not be classed as the premier pack.

It's free for existing customers committing to a new 12 month contract without the need to upgrade or change services.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bamindy wrote: »
    It's free for existing customers committing to a new 12 month contract without the need to upgrade or change services.

I forgot about that bit lol. But only free for 6 months for those on Premier or VIP.
  • BenMcr77BenMcr77 Posts: 6,573
    Forum Member
    deleted
  • steven123steven123 Posts: 3,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

First question - is the six month netflix offer only for new customers or is it also for existing customers on Premier and VIP packages.

Please could someone clarify exactly what the 6 month Netflix offer is? Do you get Netflix free for a 6 month period or at a discounted rate?

Would be really interested in getting this if so. Have used Netflix briefly just over a year ago and really liked it but found the £6 a month a bit much in addition to my other services...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    steven123 wrote: »
    Please could someone clarify exactly what the 6 month Netflix offer is? Do you get Netflix free for a 6 month period or at a discounted rate?

Would be really interested in getting this if so. Have used Netflix briefly just over a year ago and really liked it but found the £6 a month a bit much in addition to my other services...

It's 6 months free however if you're new to Netflix it'll be 7 months free as you get a month free from Netflix anyway plus your 6 months free from virgin. People on cf are saying that the code does work with the free trial.
  • steven123steven123 Posts: 3,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's 6 months free however if you're new to Netflix it'll be 7 months free as you get a month free from Netflix anyway plus your 6 months free from virgin. People on cf are saying that the code does work with the free trial.

That sounds good. Do I have to call VM and ask for it or is it an apply online thing?
  • rock8633rock8633 Posts: 1,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just been looking at some details as I've had Netflix for a while now and its only been for 2 devices at once but on the Virgin site it says "Enjoy on up to 6 devices

Once you've signed up, not only can you watch Netflix on your TV with TiVo, you can register up to 5 more devices to your Netflix account. So you can watch on your PC, tablet, game console, smart TV, mobile or any other whizzy gadgets.

Is this a mistake on Virgin side because it says nothing on the Netflix website?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    steven123 wrote: »
    That sounds good. Do I have to call VM and ask for it or is it an apply online thing?

Best to call them their online upgrades are about as reliable as a chocolate teapot lol.
    You can sign up to Netflix at www.netflix.com get your free trial , then once vm email you your 6 month free code just put it in under www.netflix.com/gift
  • BenMcr77BenMcr77 Posts: 6,573
    Forum Member
    Best to call them their online upgrades are about as reliable as a chocolate teapot lol.
    You can sign up to Netflix at www.netflix.com get your free trial , then once vm email you your 6 month free code just put it in under www.netflix.com/gift
    Well officially it's www.netflix.co.uk/virginoffer
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BenMcr77 wrote: »
    Well officially it's www.netflix.co.uk/virginoffer

I knew that i was just testing :p