Options

What classic tv show would you like to see return?

a01020304a01020304 Posts: 2,374
Forum Member
✭✭✭
There are some threads that say some shows you would like to come back but they seem to be the more well known ones but what other popular at the time but more obscure ones would you like to come back.

examples:
Busman's Holiday
3-2-1
Telethon - but keeping to UK only charites only not like rednose or similar who do worldwide.
Big Break
World of Sport but excluding football, and sticking to the lesser known worldwide sports
Tales of the Unexpected

Comments

• Options
    RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Crown Court - rejigged for the modern day so that instead of having a jury of members of the public, people vote by phone/text/Twitter to deliver the verdict on the case. I've got some DVDs of the original series and I found it compelling and it would be great to have a say on the case! It could be real talking point television.
  • Options
    ShaunIOWShaunIOW Posts: 11,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    World of Sport/Grandstand with the Rally-X
    The Adventure Game
    Hammer House of Horror & Mystery and Suspense
    Armchair Theatre
    Chiller
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    Kickstart
    Budgie
    After Dark
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    None. I dont agree with ripping off the past unless you actually use the proper people in it eigh ITV. Give Roy a job and stop being agists.

Come up with your own ideas!
  • Options
    Irma BuntIrma Bunt Posts: 1,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If its best writers - Christopher Lloyd and Joe Keenan - could be persuaded to come back, then I should love to see more Frasier. Lloyd and Keenan's absence as keenly felt in Frasier's lacklustre 8,9 and 10 Seasons, but they came back to make its final Season 11 a triumph.
  • Options
    moviesmanmoviesman Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    Would love to see 70s General Hospital, Wilde Alliance, Children of The Stones, Crown Court, and Aussie tv shows A Country Practice, Richmond Hill,The Sullivans, and Werewolf, with Chuck Conners.Lets get an oldies channel.
  • Options
    chrishartxxchrishartxx Posts: 318
    Forum Member
    Father Ted.
  • Options
    ChilisauceChilisauce Posts: 78
    Forum Member
    Treasure Hunt and Crystal Maze
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    Gallery
    Banzai
    One man and his dog- no celebs please
  • Options
    ReadingfanReadingfan Posts: 10,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always liked Big Break. Interceptor (?) was another show I enjoyed watching for a brief period. It would be nice to see Fantasy Football back for World Cups, etc. - I loved They Think It's All Over at the beginning too.

It's not really obscure but the show I'd most like to see return would definitely be The Bill.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a01020304 wrote: »
    There are some threads that say some shows you would like to come back but they seem to be the more well known ones but what other popular at the time but more obscure ones would you like to come back.

examples:
    Busman's Holiday
    3-2-1
    Telethon - but keeping to UK only charites only not like rednose or similar who do worldwide.
    Big Break
    World of Sport but excluding football, and sticking to the lesser known worldwide sports
    Tales of the Unexpected

Them.
  • Options
    The GathererThe Gatherer Posts: 2,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fifteen to One without Sandi Tovskig and for 30 minutes not dragged out to an hour. The recent repeats of the first 1988 series on Challenge have been brilliant.
  • Options
    Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Great Egg Race. An intelligent team challenge show with no looning about and no celebs. BBC 2 at its best.
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RoseAnne wrote: »
    Crown Court - rejigged for the modern day so that instead of having a jury of members of the public, people vote by phone/text/Twitter to deliver the verdict on the case. I've got some DVDs of the original series and I found it compelling and it would be great to have a say on the case! It could be real talking point television.

You remind me of a show I only recall vaguely where it was set up like Crown Court, and we were shown a dramatised courtroom story. There was an interactive element where the viewers decided the verdict. Guilty or Not Guilty. Then the verdict is read out and the programme then showed a dramatised sequence of the crime and what actually happened, right at the end of the show, to reveal whether the viewers got it right or wrong.

Can anybody remember this show and what it was called?
    It was probably a Channel 4 show.
  • Options
    finluxfinlux Posts: 3,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You remind me of a show I only recall vaguely where it was set up like Crown Court, and we were shown a dramatised courtroom story. There was an interactive element where the viewers decided the verdict. Guilty or Not Guilty. Then the verdict is read out and the programme then showed a dramatised sequence of the crime and what actually happened, right at the end of the show, to reveal whether the viewers got it right or wrong.

Can anybody remember this show and what it was called?
    It was probably a Channel 4 show.

Was it this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Verdict_(BBC)
  • Options
    Safi74Safi74 Posts: 5,580
    Forum Member
    Andy2 wrote: »
    The Great Egg Race. An intelligent team challenge show with no looning about and no celebs. BBC 2 at its best.

This^.

Also, Lovejoy. 😊
  • Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Father Ted.

Father Ted without Father Ted - would that really work?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Readingfan wrote: »
    I always liked Big Break. Interceptor (?) was another show I enjoyed watching for a brief period. It would be nice to see Fantasy Football back for World Cups, etc. - I loved They Think It's All Over at the beginning too.

It's not really obscure but the show I'd most like to see return would definitely be The Bill.

I saw Interceptor on challenge just recently... god it was dire, I mean truly rubbish but mostlt because teh technology was utter shite. I imagine if it was made today with modern technology it would probably be ok but it would last unless teh interceptor wasa allowed to shoot the contestants with an actual gun
  • Options
    Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    Andy2 wrote: »

Yep, it was a classic.
    I'd also bring back

The Mole.
    The Adventure Game.
    Now Get Out Of That.
    Drop The Dead Donkey.

In other words, programmes for intelligent people.
  • Options
    Metal MickeyMetal Mickey Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kiko H Fan wrote: »
    Now Get Out Of That
    ^ This ^ totally! A great programme that could actually benefit from modern technology (e.g. mini-cameras, GPS trackers etc.), though of course it was Bernard Falk's snarky commentary (very much echo-ed by Dave Lamb's work on "Come Dine With Me") that really made it... thanks for the reminder!
  • Options
    Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    ^ This ^ totally! A great programme that could actually benefit from modern technology (e.g. mini-cameras, GPS trackers etc.), though of course it was Bernard Falk's snarky commentary (very much echo-ed by Dave Lamb's work on "Come Dine With Me") that really made it... thanks for the reminder!

That's the man! I remember the sarky commentary. It's an 80s gem that would still work today.
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    finlux wrote: »

I don't think it was. I recall it being a series with an interactive element with the viewer. Where at the end the real events is shown in a flashback sequence and the viewers find out if they got the verdict right or wrong.
  • Options
    snafu65snafu65 Posts: 18,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Auf Weidersehen Pet
    Tales Of The Unexpected
    The Proffesionals - a modern day equivalent obviously as Lewis Collins and Gordon Jackson are sadly no longer with us. Martin Shaw could play Cowley though.
  • Options
    ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 42,114
    Forum Member
    You Bet!

I always remember one of the challenges where a young German guy guessed where in the world the postage stamps came from just by licking them (and eating some of them!) :D
  • Options
    LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Time Team, but get rid of all the recent fuss and send it back to its roots.