Celtic v Dundee United – live on Sky Sports, 12.45pm

Sunday 17 August, 2014
    Heart of Midlothian v Hibernian – live on Sky Sports, 12.30pm

Saturday 23 August, 2014
    Inverness Caledonian Thistle v Celtic – live on BT Sport, 12.30pm

Sunday 31 August, 2014
    Dundee v Celtic – live on BT Sport, 12.30pm

Please note that BBC ALBA selections will be announced next week

The Scottish Professional Football League is pleased to announce arrangements for the live television broadcast of SPFL league matches for season 2014/15.

Sky Sports and BT Sport will continue to showcase the very best of SPFL League action, between them screening 70 live matches this season, including at least:

- 15 Rangers games from the Scottish Championship; and

- the four Edinburgh derbies in the Scottish Championship

In addition, BBC ALBA will be screening a further 16 live matches from across the Scottish Championship, Scottish League 1 and Scottish League 2.

Im looking forward to some of the Scottish football on BT this coming season.
    I see in August Sky seems to have 2 or maybe 3 of the best games.
    I cant get Sky Sports via Youview.

Darren
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    I notice Celtic v Partick on the opening day is postponed due to Celtic Park being used for the Commonwealth Games.

If Celtic knew that why didn't they ask for an Away fixture on opening day

Because if you knew anything about Scottish football, you'd know that the champions always play their first fixture at home to unfurl the Champions Flag. That's quite tricky if it's an away fixture. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    The games finish the previous Sunday so I assume it's going to take a long time to get the ground back

Celtic Park is only being used for the Games opening Ceremony.
  • Options
    jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HGWell wrote: »
    Because if you knew anything about Scottish football, you'd know that the champions always play their first fixture at home to unfurl the Champions Flag. That's quite tricky if it's an away fixture. :p

I did not know that, but there first fixture of tbe season, has automatically become an away fixture
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sunday 10 August, 2014
    In addition, BBC ALBA will be screening a further 16 live matches from across the Scottish Championship, Scottish League 1 and Scottish League 2.

The BBC Alba OB contract has been won by Televideo after the demise of SIS Live.

The OB contract for the Sky half of the SPFL Premiership is up for tender at the moment and has yet to be decided. The BT half continues to be fulfilled by NEP Cymru.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I did not know that, but there first fixture of tbe season, has automatically become an away fixture

Yeah, it's a strange situation. I assume the powers that be, along with Celtic, thought it better to play the away fixture midweek rather than let them get 2 games behind. Especially with the CL fixtures, it would be difficult for them to catch up.

Again, i assume the flag unfurling will be at their home game on the 16th?

It's the same reason that Dundee are at home on the first day - Championship champions and all that.
  • Options
    stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What I don't get is why does the BBC spend money on BBC Alba which apart from football and Rugby has rubbish viewing figures. The bbc should close Alba and put the Scottish football on BBC 1 or 2 in scotland. Also if it was on BBC 1 Scotland it could be shown in HD.
  • Options
    coventrywooocoventrywooo Posts: 3,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stv viewer wrote: »
    What I don't get is why does the BBC spend money on BBC Alba which apart from football and Rugby has rubbish viewing figures. The bbc should close Alba and put the Scottish football on BBC 1 or 2 in scotland. Also if it was on BBC 1 Scotland it could be shown in HD.

and for people who just to watch football, Alba should do what S4C do, and put english comm via red button..
  • Options
    RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm sure the world would not have ended if they had to play that first game away and then unfurl the flag on the second game.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Radiogram wrote: »
    I'm sure the world would not have ended if they had to play that first game away and then unfurl the flag on the second game.

It's all about tradition up there.

I've just read that even though the Celtic-Thistle game has been postponed, it's still officially the opening home game for Celtic so they're going to wait to unfurl the flag at the rearranged fixture, even if it's November. It's THAT important to them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I nearly said why don't tbey just leave tge flag up, as Celtic win it every year, but I guess tge flag, has tge season on it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I nearly said why don't tbey just leave tge flag up, as Celtic win it every year, but I guess tge flag, has tge season on it

Do you have massive hands? :D
    :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No Using a tablet keyboard, I seem to spell every word than the properly, but because the g key is Next door I tend to hit that by accidebt
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Haha.
  • Options
    RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's all about tradition up there.

I've just read that even though the Celtic-Thistle game has been postponed, it's still officially the opening home game for Celtic so they're going to wait to unfurl the flag at the rearranged fixture, even if it's November. It's THAT important to them.

I am "up there" but fail to see the point in this tradition. If in the extremely unlikely event of my team winning the league I wouldn't be to fussed to see the unfurling happen one week later.

Anyway, this is due to rather unusual circumstances with the diddy Olympics. Not as is it will set a precedence for future years.
  • Options
    The LizardThe Lizard Posts: 2,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rangers v Hibernian in the Scottish Challenge Cup 1st Round will be live on BBC ALBA on Tuesday 5th August, game kicks off at 7:35pm.

As previously mentioned on this thread, BBC ALBA will announce their live League games sometime this week.
  • Options
    stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBC Scotland are showing the UEFA champions league qualifying game between KR Reykjavik v Celtic live on BBC 1 Scotland on Tuesday 15 july at 8pm.

I know this isn't about the scottish prem/championship but it does involve a scottish team