Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 8)

Comments

• Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Also I dont like the Save the Children ad with 'Tomorrow' from Annie on it, I know its slowed down so it sounds more touching but who thought THAT was an appropriate tune for this ad? I didnt know it was a charity ad at first :o:(

That ad is truly heartbreaking:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    solarflare wrote: »
    Two for me at the moment:

1) The Argos aliens can shop from the dark side of the ****ing moon for all I care
    2) The Lloyds TSB bank "bah-buh-bah-buh ba-ba bah-buh-bah-buh ba-ba bah-buh-bah-buh-bah-bah ba-ba-ba-ba-ba" theme is doing my nut in.

I particularly dislike the Lloyds TSB advert. When it comes on I mute the TV or else I feel an undeniable urge to throw something at the screen.
  • ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,377
    Forum Member
    maurice45 wrote: »
    I particularly dislike the Lloyds TSB advert. When it comes on I mute the TV or else I feel an undeniable urge to throw something at the screen.

Im with them so I know its all a pack of lies :mad: cant stand the music either, sets my teeth on edge, also the "for the journey" and "in Branch" maybe I'm being pedantic, but "in Branch" does not make sense, it should be "in your local branch"...

Also, changing the subject, the Woman's voice on the Sky ads, particularly for Sky broadband, think she did the "way more than a Cruise" ad too, her voice just rankles with me, she is like a woman trying to be "cool" but just being annoying,
  • Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im with them so I know its all a pack of lies :mad: cant stand the music either, sets my teeth on edge, also the "for the journey" and "in Branch" maybe I'm being pedantic, but "in Branch" does not make sense, it should be "in your local branch"...

Also, changing the subject, the Woman's voice on the Sky ads, particularly for Sky broadband, think she did the "way more than a Cruise" ad too, her voice just rankles with me, she is like a woman trying to be "cool" but just being annoying,

I hate that too :mad:
    If I was Julie Walters, I say "No. It's wrong. I'll say something that makes sense - Visit a branch near you. Something like that"
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member

I agre it is sad :(
  • fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    Has anyone mentioned that God awful advert for perfume that Scarlett Johannsen is on? Is it called The One - Dolce Gabbana

She sounds so affected in it - "I do all my own stunts, well the lovemaking" and "I love my lips - they are perfect for kissing"

Ridiculous
  • ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate that too :mad:
    If I was Julie Walters, I say "No. It's wrong. I'll say something that makes sense - Visit a branch near you. Something like that"

I hate it too. "In branch" just doesn't sound right and makes me grit my teeth every time I hear it. Surely not what the ad makers are seeking?
  • ackeracker Posts: 8,809
    Forum Member

Is that the one where some numptie has sat and thought " Whats the crappest thing I can do with a sampler " ?...then shoved in some opera type singer for a single note and kind of played it up and down a keyboard ? grrrr....beyond f*ckwitted.....Also in my dreams , thousands of people turn up at Homebase on a Saturday but nobody actually goes in to buy anything ....instead they all stand outside with placards that say " f*ck off with your idiot whistling music " :o....like I say , in my dreams .
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Smirnoff Go Make the Night Advert is annoying.

Yes yes, you lot are a bunch of creative party types, and not at all a bunch of P heads who think they are making art when really they are being poncy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fefster wrote: »
    Has anyone mentioned that God awful advert for perfume that Scarlett Johannsen is on? Is it called The One - Dolce Gabbana

She sounds so affected in it - "I do all my own stunts, well the lovemaking" and "I love my lips - they are perfect for kissing"

Ridiculous

I am with you on this one, I didn't even know who she was though, I still don't :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    I really like the Scarlett Johanson advert :o
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I know. It breaks your heart to hear another butchered song.
  • TarotTarot Posts: 11,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fabulous Bingo - Guy proposes and the girl has the cheek to say "It's fabulous but it's not Fabulous Bingo!" The advert ends with a free lip gloss offer along with the usual 'deposit £10, get £30 to play' crap as in EVERY OTHER Bingo ad. I wish ALL Bingo adverts would GO AWAY! :mad:

Foxy Bingo - "Free Bingo fortnight." Small print says "£5 deposit required." IT'S NOT FREE THEN IS IT!? :mad:

I'm going to add the Gala Bingo advert to these two..the one where a woman is playing online bingo on a tablet while lying in a bubble bath.
  • Danno2020Danno2020 Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    Orion wrote: »
    The reason it's Kevin Bacon is because the guys who came up with the original game realised that Kevin Bacon has had a very varied film career that means he's acted with lots of different actors such that he lends himself particularly well to linking him to virtually any other actor in a small number of moves. There are very few actors one can't link to him in a couple of moves. For example, Marilyn Monroe was in Prince and the Showgirl with Lawrence Olivier, who was in Boys from Brazil with Steve Guttenberg, who starred with Bacon in Diner.

That his name rhymes with Six Degrees of Separation – a film that talks about how you can connect everyone to everyone else in just six moves – just added to the appropriateness of it.

The advert is cashing in on an already big cultural 'thing' (I won't call it a phenomenon, but you get my drift) – the Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon meme involves websites, board games, charities, theses etc.

You may not have heard of Kevin Bacon, but he IS a particularly well connected actor, which is to say he's appeared in a large number of films that made a medium to big cultural impact – Frost/Nixon, Footloose, Friday 13th, A Few Good Men, Hollow Man, Tremors, Sleepers, Diner, JFK etc etc. You may not have seen or even HEARD of all his films, but I find it hard to imagine there are many people who have never seen any of his films.

That said, I'm not a huge fan of the advert.

He really is connected to everyone, isn't he? I'm not one for watching movies to be honest, so I checked him out on IMDB. Never seen a single one of the films he's done. BUT he was a caller on Frasier to his show which I HAVE seen. Just, wow. A man living under a rock will have seen / heard something by Kevin Bacon...
    Tarot wrote: »
    I caught an ad for Michael McIntyre's DVD the other night; he doesn't say a single funny thing, just pulls a face and shouts a couple of times.

That advert is just stupid. I saw that and thought, why the hell would anybody buy the DVD!? Hardly tempting really. To someone who doesn't know Michael McIntyre, they're hardly gunna think it's worth £12 or whatever. Seriously, which idiot thought that advert up?
    maurice45 wrote: »
    The BT advert is starting to grate on me more than usual. It's. Not. HALLOWEEN. Any. More. Morons :mad:

If I see this advert tonight during I'm A Celeb, I swear to God. I don't know what I'll do. Cram it BT, it's DECEMBER now. Idiots.
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hypnoali wrote: »
    She also talks about vitamin D which the body synthesises itself if you get enough sunshine, yet she's clearly never been outside in her life...surprised she doesn't have ricketts.

You can't get enough sunshine in Britain in winter to make vitamin D. You should take extra.Luckily, it is added to several different foods.
    The Tesco Christmas ads are awful.

I like the Tesco Christmas ads. They make me laugh and they only last a few seconds. I particularly like the "Prince Charming" one, where the mum is asking the dad for some help in the kitchen, and he comes swaggering in all full of himself, with some champagne.
  • Abraham-44Abraham-44 Posts: 285
    Forum Member
    Coffee adverts. And ads advertising Rugby.
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Every bloody fragrance advert! Sometimes I just hate Christmas because these stupid advertisers use it as an excuse to show us this crap! GO AWAY!

Oh and if I see that bloody Andre Rieu CD advert again, I'm going to chuck something at the TV! :mad:
  • EastEnders-1105EastEnders-1105 Posts: 11,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Iceland sponser ad during Im a Celeb.
    The Currys/PC ad that sponsers Sky1 and Christmas24
  • EastEnders-1105EastEnders-1105 Posts: 11,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tesco ad it seems its on Every five minutes
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anne Diamond on some cash for gold type thing.
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,549
    Forum Member
    fefster wrote: »

Ridiculous

I listened to that for the first time last night and it's blooming awful :mad:
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,549
    Forum Member
    Joanne Page (Stacey) and her Boots ads. She is all over TV at the moment what with ads and voice overs.

I keep expecting Gavin and Smithy to appear as she sounds no different when shes not acting :o

And the BT Hallowene ad is still on :mad::mad:
  • fatsifatsi Posts: 10,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    Joanne Page (Stacey) and her Boots ads. She is all over TV at the moment what with ads and voice overs.

I keep expecting Gavin and Smithy to appear as she sounds no different when shes not acting :o

And the BT Hallowene ad is still on :mad::mad:

Boots? Thought she did the Superdrug ads ;)

The BBC Christmas promo clips, the one where they are singing "All I want for Christmas, is yooouuuuuu...." - sends shivers down me like finger nails down a blackboard, I have to mute the tv :mad:
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    With the BT ads does anyone else think that the original plan was to carry on with the son of the family from the last ones as the main character but the nerd lad proved to be better
  • SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My mum probably would. She likes Rod Stewart.

I like the 70's Rod Stewart songs.

This Michael Bubblehead fella is a different matter though he is shite.
This discussion has been closed.