Doublespeed

hotlips69hotlips69 Posts: 290
Forum Member
I'm on the top broadband package, having been upgraded from the top "up to 50MB " a year ago as soon as 100MB was available in my area, but I've never, ever had more than 5MB upload (I often check with speedtest.net and it's a consistent 4.40MB upload)

The doublespeed website now says my area (Brighton) has been fully upgraded and I should be on 120MB (I'm still getting only about 103MB, which has been consistent for the last 6 months) but doesn't say what the new, doublespeed upload speed SHOULD be?

Should it be 120MB down & 12MB upload? :confused:

Comments

• rock8633rock8633 Posts: 1,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The website has said im on 120mb for ages but i still get around 105 Mb download and 5 Mb upload, been told Sept 2013 for the update to 120 Mb and double the 5 Mb which is 10 Mb .Just keep waiting it will come :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    hotlips69 wrote: »
    I'm on the top broadband package, having been upgraded from the top "up to 50MB " a year ago as soon as 100MB was available in my area, but I've never, ever had more than 5MB upload (I often check with speedtest.net and it's a consistent 4.40MB upload)

The doublespeed website now says my area (Brighton) has been fully upgraded and I should be on 120MB (I'm still getting only about 103MB, which has been consistent for the last 6 months) but doesn't say what the new, doublespeed upload speed SHOULD be?

Hello I was on 50mb my self and when the 100mb was out I had the same upload speed as you 5mb then after a lot of phone calls to VM I found out I was on the wrong code as they said, you should have 10mb upload once they saw this they change the code and now I have 100mb down and 10 mb up. I'm waitting for the upgrade for 120mb my self now you should have 120mb down and 12mb up once that is done. I hope this is of help to you.

Karl
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rock8633 wrote: »
    The website has said im on 120mb for ages but i still get around 105 Mb download and 5 Mb upload, been told Sept 2013 for the update to 120 Mb and double the 5 Mb which is 10 Mb .Just keep waiting it will come :D

Your upload will go to 12meg (rather than 10meg) once 120meg hits your area.
  • rock8633rock8633 Posts: 1,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cool :)
  • hotlips69hotlips69 Posts: 290
    Forum Member
    I'm gonna ring VM today and give them hell as my last call to them 6 months ago about the upload speed, and they told me that the 10MB upload wasn't available in my area, despite having been on 100MB for several months at that time!
  • nobabydaddynobabydaddy Posts: 2,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hotlips69 wrote: »

I'm in Brighton too and have 120mb/11mb. You have to ring them up and ask them to upgrade your upload speed. Don't be rude to them though. Ask niucely. :D
  • hotlips69hotlips69 Posts: 290
    Forum Member
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/2749387858.png

Spoke to them (3 people & a manager) and after a lot of hassle got them to upgrade me to 120MB download & 12MB upload, but I'm more than happy with what I actually got!! :eek:

They are throwing in a brand new Superhub v2 (released last Thursday) too for my inconvenience for free! :D