Options

Theresa Riggi child killer found dead at Rampton Secure Hospital.

Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
Forum Member
✭✭✭
A bit of background she was the mother who killed her three children in Edinburgh Slateford area, tried to kill herself after setting fire to the flat in 2010.

Wherever she is now I hope its in hell for what she did, it's a pity she is dead because she deserved to live and suffer for her inexcusable actions.

Comments

• Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    I've not been aware of this story until now, absolutely horrific.

The poor father, my thoughts are with him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A bit of background she was the mother who killed her three children in Edinburghshire Slateford area, tried to kill herself after setting fire to the flat in 2010.

Wherever she is now I hope its in hell for what she did, it's a pity she is dead because she deserved to live and suffer for her inexcusable actions.

Where the hell is that:confused: It's a city, Edinburgh.

Seems like she commited suicide.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-26518278
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've not been aware of this story until now, absolutely horrific.

The poor father, my thoughts are with him.

Always have been, what a bitter woman to kill their children.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woodbush wrote: »
    Where the hell is that:confused: It's a city, Edinburgh.

Seems like she commited suicide.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-26518278

Sorry that's auto correct at work.

My sympathies are with the father of the kids, she must have been one evil witch to kill her own children.

Wherever the children are at rest I hope she is not laid to rest with them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

My sympathies are with the father of the kids, she must have been one evil witch to kill her own children.

That's OK.:) I feel for the dad as well. She actually stabbed them to death before trying to commit suicide.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Wherever the children are at rest I hope she is not laid to rest with them.

You added a bit. I doubt the father will allow her to be buried with them. I don't know where the children a buried.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woodbush wrote: »
    You added a bit. I doubt the father will allow her to be buried with them. I don't know where the children a buried.

Sorry I added it when I sorted the auto correct,

Just googled and it seems the children were cremated after a service in Aberdeen.
    So unlikely her ashes if cremated will be kept or scattered where the children are.
  • Options
    kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    She didn't sound a particularly well woman.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kippeh wrote: »

True. And if it comforts people, I really doubt that someone who was badly injured in a failed suicide, then sent to prison to be seriously attacked, has had much of a life lately.
  • Options
    cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She was diagnosed with several mental conditions if I remember correctly.
  • Options
    Heston VestonHeston Veston Posts: 6,495
    Forum Member
    I don't see what purpose is served by gloating over this woman's death.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good.
  • Options
    warszawawarszawa Posts: 4,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised she wasn't being monitored more closely.
  • Options
    yorkiegalyorkiegal Posts: 18,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wasn't there something ritualistic about the way she killed the children? she used a different knife for each and stabbed each child 8 times before laying them out on their beds. Then she set fire to the flat and jumped from the balcony to try and kill herself.

I have sympathy for her husband of course but also for her, as she was obviously a very tormented woman. Perhaps having to face up to what she had done once she was transferred to Rampton and maybe put on meds which made her more stable, was too much to bear.
  • Options
    radyagradyag Posts: 2,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see what purpose is served by gloating over this woman's death.
    Why not? The liberals tried to protect her by sending her to england, thankfully shes dead and the liberals have lost, its a win win for society.
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    warszawa wrote: »
    I'm surprised she wasn't being monitored more closely.

Me too. She was sent to Rampton where I thought they would be very vigilant. She very obviously suffered from a severe mental illness . A tragedy for all involved.
  • Options
    ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member
    One of the most tragic cases I have ever seen.

Very, very sad.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Sounds to me like she was in her own personal kind of hell when she was alive. I know the kneejerk reaction to cases like this is "BURN THE WITCH!" but as said, she obviously had some severe malfunctioning going on. No winners in cases like this.
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds to me like she was in her own personal kind of hell when she was alive. I know the kneejerk reaction to cases like this is "BURN THE WITCH!" but as said, she obviously had some severe malfunctioning going on. No winners in cases like this.

Exactly. It's not like she decided to become mentally ill for a laugh. Nobody wants that.
  • Options
    Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very sad case all round.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cjsmummy wrote: »
    She was diagnosed with several mental conditions if I remember correctly.

And while my initial bitterness towards her is perhaps a tad too much the fact is she should never have had custody of the children while her mental issues where all too apparent, she should have been given better support and help to at least ensure she was able to live and accept her issues.

Having read more about her I do feel she does deserve some sympathy for trying and failing to cope with her issues, the fear of losing the children tipped her over the edge.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree my initial post was even by my standards could be views as gloating, if she had been given support and helped then maybe she would not have done what she did.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I agree my initial post was even by my standards could be views as gloating, if she had been given support and helped then maybe she would not have done what she did.

Much respect to you for coming back with this on reflection, many posters lack the humility to do so.
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    While in Cornton Vale prison she was attacked several times. On one occasion she had a very bad injury when her face was slashed. The person who did it got off with it as Riggi was mentally unable to give evidence. Her condition deteriorated and that why she was moved to Rampton.
  • Options
    4smiffy4smiffy Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A bit of background she was the mother who killed her three children in Edinburgh Slateford area, tried to kill herself after setting fire to the flat in 2010.

I tend to think this woman was already in hell as Rampton is a Mental Health Hospital. Your comments are understandable but misplaced.