Options

Various DWTS Items on E! News (includes spoiler)

martyboymartyboy Posts: 1,078
Forum Member
✭✭✭
There were several items about the finale of DWTS on E! News on Thursday morning (it's repeated throughout the day).

The piece came from Samantha Harris, backstage at the final.

First item was that "Helio's victory came at a high price". Apparently after the show his financee broke off their engagement. She apparently attended the very first show, back in September, but "that was the last time she saw him".

Then a few comments by Marie Osmond, which seemed less than complimentary. She called herself Cinderella, with her Prince Charming (Jonathan) and then made some remark about the "Step Sisters" (cut to the judges).

And Mark Ballas dislocated his shoulder during the performance (not sure if you can see this in the dance - his left arm seems to be hanging down, where you might have expected it to be held out), and he was taken to hospital after the performance.

Samantha H made some concluding remarks about how 4 out of 5 seasons have been won by male celebs, and 3 of them were sportsmen.

Comments

• Options
    AerickAerick Posts: 1,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    martyboy wrote: »
    First item was that "Helio's victory came at a high price". Apparently after the show his financee broke off their engagement. She apparently attended the very first show, back in September, but "that was the last time she saw him".

Then a few comments by Marie Osmond, which seemed less than complimentary. She called herself Cinderella, with her Prince Charming (Jonathan) and then made some remark about the "Step Sisters" (cut to the judges).

Since we're not part of their family, it's premature for us (or a news tabloid) to speculate on why an engagement has been broken off. We cannot surmise that Helio's participation in DWTS has contributed to his broken engagement. What I had read is that his fiance waited until the shows ending to announce it. Perhaps out of respect to him. Maybe something was awry before the competition.

Re: Marie: I did not take the "cinderella and the step sisters" to be "less than complimentary" at all. It's a popular Disney childrens tale. It was (in my opinion) just a fun statement and very fitting (in a fun way)
  • Options
    martyboymartyboy Posts: 1,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aerick wrote: »
    Re: Marie: I did not take the "cinderella and the step sisters" to be "less than complimentary" at all. It's a popular Disney childrens tale. It was (in my opinion) just a fun statement and very fitting (in a fun way)

Perhaps it was just the manner in which Samantha Harris introduced this piece that gave me that impression.

Samanatha said that Marie was "taking the opportunity to get a few things off her chest".

And then Marie said, to Len and Bruno "I don't care what you say; I'm a dancer".
  • Options
    Force TenForce Ten Posts: 7,988
    Forum Member
    The Cinderella comment was made during their interview after they were knocked out, and was made in fun not in a nasty way (or that was how I took it anyway).

And I think I read somewhere that Mark had torn a muscle in his shoulder, not dislocated it and in fact although he wasn't using that arm very much, he did use it sometimes if you look at their routine. He was obviously in pain though and I'm not surprised he went to hospital to have it strapped up afterwards.:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Mark actually did both, dislocated his shoulder and tore the labrum (cartlidge material surrounding the shoulder socket). It is normally a quite painful injury. Being able to finish his performance was a pretty amazing feat. If you watch the dance, you see that he progressively stops using the arm, until at the end, it is hanging limp at his side.