Neighbours: The One Soap No-One Should Be Missing... (P2)

Comments

• kvnkvn Posts: 8,782
    Forum Member
    Kate Ramsey is just a horrible horrible person!
  • mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm thinking the scriptwriters don't see it the same way but I find Kate to be the smuggest most horrible character - floating around in a cloud of selfish self serving virtuosity. >:(
  • mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    smfan123 wrote: »
    Seriously what was she expecting going on about a relationship with a guy who as recently as a 4 weeks ago was engaged to another woman

And who she was in any case constantly hanging around like a bad smell. :confused:
  • lobeydosserlobeydosser Posts: 3,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And who she was in any case constantly hanging around like a bad smell. :confused:

About time somebody told Kate what they thought - susan didn't go far enough! she could have pointed out that it's not so long ago that she gave Kate 'compassionate leave' to get over her great love Mason!

what the hell was Sonya wearing today?
  • B*witchedB*witched Posts: 5,647
    Forum Member
    I'm thinking the scriptwriters don't see it the same way but I find Kate to be the smuggest most horrible character - floating around in a cloud of selfish self serving virtuosity. >:(

I guess we're meant to see Kate as a nice person who makes mistakes and feel sorry for her. Nope.

I agree with everyone about Amber. I don't dislike her, she's a nice enough girl but her neediness is just a bit off putting.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Maybe she has spent too much time with her uncle. Kate is also deluded when it comes to Kyle and her behaviour has made me warm to Georgia. At least for now...
  • Tweety PieTweety Pie Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deschanel wrote: »

Are we supposed to feel sorry for Amber? Is she really that clueless about the life of an athlete? Cue needy and whiny, self-absorbed Amber in the next episode. *rolleyes*

What's the betting she splits up with Josh yet again?????

I thought it was pretty selfish of Kate telling Susan that she wants a relationship with Kyle. Wish Georgia would come back and chuck some more food waste on her.
  • tjbantamtjbantam Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jeez!

I liked Kate when the Ramsay's first arrived, but she's now beyond salvageable.

Had no interest in Kyle when he was after her, but when he got with Jade, she couldn't get him out of her mind. He splits with Jade and suddenly Kate's not interested. She then falls for Mason and Kyle gets with Georgia. All of a sudden she wants him again. It's totally ridiculous. And for her then to be surprised at Susan's reaction? Crackers!

Almost as bad is the next (boring) twist in the Josh/Amber romance. He has to go away for 3 months (good riddance, i say) so she throws a strop. Is the anyone out there who gives even the slightest hint of a fig about this pair of charmless cretins?

Axe them both and give me more Imogen!
  • mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    I used to like Josh and Amber but now I want them to finish and just stay that way. It's as never ending as the awful Kate and Kyle stuff.
  • tjbantamtjbantam Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just don't understand how they can create characters so dull and boring at the same time as creating the fabulous Imogen. Doesn't make sense.
  • Mark FMark F Posts: 54,015
    Forum Member
    Will we see some sort of outside filming of Josh in Glasgow or will they just be watching on TV again..
  • JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jamesalex wrote: »
    So nice to see Susan disapproving of Kate today! And Kate seemed shocked, can she really not see how horrid her behaviour is? Obviously not.
    I didn't think she was disapproving, I thought it's because Susan knows about Georgia pregnancy and trying to get Kate's hopes and expectations down a bit.

That's how I read it anyway, could be wrong like I usually am lol.
  • China GirlChina Girl Posts: 2,755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's what I thought too
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woodbine wrote: »
    I didn't think she was disapproving, I thought it's because Susan knows about Georgia pregnancy and trying to get Kate's hopes and expectations down a bit.

That's how I read it anyway, could be wrong like I usually am lol.

Now i think about it, i think this is probably right. I think we were just so desperate for someone on screen to be as outraged with her behaviour as we are off screen.

with regards to today's episode, all my loathing of Kate had made me forget how funny and completely not scary a threat from Mason can be :D
  • mimi123456mimi123456 Posts: 2,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leave Kate alone! She is not that bad.

It was clear that Georgia and Kyle were not that into each other. They could have been more loved up.

Poor Kate will soon be on the scrap heap again. I hope they give her a happy ending.

As for Chris, bah, hope they get shot of him soon. I am sick and tired of him now. He just seems to wallow around in the background eating. In fact, switch him for Sophie or even bring back Didgeredoo!
  • SandgrownunSandgrownun Posts: 5,024
    Forum Member
    I hope Toadie isn't going to be angry with Sonya, it's hardly her fault if some other bloke kisses her.
    tjbantam wrote: »
    I just don't understand how they can create characters so dull and boring at the same time as creating the fabulous Imogen. Doesn't make sense.
    I agree. Imogen is the best of the new characters (adults included), in fact she's one of the best characters and actors on the show.
    Mark F wrote: »
    Will we see some sort of outside filming of Josh in Glasgow or will they just be watching on TV again..
    I'm guessing something will happen to stop him going to Glasgow. They can't have him winning a medal, but if he doesn't there's not much point in the character going to the games.
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Officially sick of Josh and Amber. They get together, Amber gets paranoid, Josh becomes a jerk, they argue, they break up, they mope.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Make it stoooooooop!:(
  • Leanne_Blake1Leanne_Blake1 Posts: 1,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Officially sick of Josh and Amber. They get together, Amber gets paranoid, Josh becomes a jerk, they argue, they break up, they mope.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Make it stoooooooop!:(

Amber is beyond dull and insecure, her strop about the training thing was ludicrous.

More Imogen and Therese please, adore them! :)
  • jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,572
    Forum Member
    mimi123456 wrote: »
    As for Chris, bah, hope they get shot of him soon. I am sick and tired of him now. He just seems to wallow around in the background eating. In fact, switch him for Sophie or even bring back Didgeredoo!

Aw, leave him alone, he's lovely! At least he's got a boyfriend now ... even if he is in jail.

What's happened to his nasty new female boss at the garage? Haven't seen or heard any mention of her for a while.
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jjwales wrote: »
    Aw, leave him alone, he's lovely! At least he's got a boyfriend now ... even if he is in jail.

What's happened to his nasty new female boss at the garage? Haven't seen or heard any mention of her for a while.

Chris ate her.
  • DeschanelDeschanel Posts: 8,745
    Forum Member
    On the positive side, at least Amber came to her senses half way through the episode. It could have been worse, and their stupid merry-go-round could have lasted for a few episodes! (It's happened before.) :o

I think Amber is the problem. She instigates the majority of their relationship angst, and the drama is always based around her bland, insecure, needy, self-absorbed, clingy ass. Some major development is in order to make Amber sympathetic and interesting to the viewers. Why is she so insecure and needy? I guess she gets it from Matt, as he went all insecure and weird over that Brad sketch.

Imogen may be a recovering bulimic, but is she really likely to binge on cold meat?
  • dronkuladronkula Posts: 2,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark F wrote: »

I suspect that he never actually makes it there. I really doubt that they're going to actually send the Willis's away to Spain for 3 month (at least Brad and Josh) for the training camp and 'stuff' happens soon which may affect Josh's appearance at Glasgow.
  • frostfrost Posts: 4,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope Toadie isn't going to be angry with Sonya, it's hardly her fault if some other bloke kisses her.

It is her fault that she doesnt tell toadie straight away.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    Anyone collect Neighbours episodes...I'm trying to find episodes from 1998?
  • O-JO-J Posts: 18,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone collect Neighbours episodes...I'm trying to find episodes from 1998?

Should be some on youtube, but I love this Susan, Karl and Toadie scene from 1988, Susan was fun back then! @3:45

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nQoj8dgwro
This discussion has been closed.