XF UK 2014 top 9: potential for the US?

spoolingspooling Posts: 1,073
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Which XF UK 2014 contestants have a potential for making it on the US market?

S. Cowell (before the start of the live shows): " I always say the same thing. I want someone who can become a star in this country, but just as importantly, can become a star in other countries."

http://www.philstar.com/entertainment/2014/10/18/1381624/simon-cowell-mel-b-what-they-look-forward-new-season-x-factor-uk

Comments

• Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fleur east would fit in very well to the US market tbh
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spooling wrote: »
    Which XF UK 2014 contestants have a potential for making it on the US market?

S. Cowell (before the start of the live shows): " I always say the same thing. I want someone who can become a star in this country, but just as importantly, can become a star in other countries."

http://www.philstar.com/entertainment/2014/10/18/1381624/simon-cowell-mel-b-what-they-look-forward-new-season-x-factor-uk

None. All of them are substandard.
  • karenc3karenc3 Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    I'm in the US. I think Fleur would do well in the US, and probably has the most star potential of anyone. And I think Jack Walton might have done well in the US if he had been on American Idol, he would have had more flexibility and is similar to others who have done well or won. Possibly Only the Young would be marketable if they had the right material, because they are different than what we've seen in recent years. But I think if anyone has potential to be a worldwide star this year, it would be Fleur.
  • NicoleRichNicoleRich Posts: 2,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Queen Lauren
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nobody. Not a single one of them. I understand why people are saying Fleur, however there are people are out there now in the industry that can do everything she can a million times better.
  • MummyNutNutMummyNutNut Posts: 778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    None. All of them are substandard.

I thought that about 1 Direction and look what happened there
  • Diceroll_81Diceroll_81 Posts: 904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought that about 1 Direction and look what happened there

I was the same really. There have been some pretty surprising success stories over in America over the last few years. I guess it all depends on the songs and marketing.