Options

Ben Haenow is UK Jeff Gutt

MilkitaMilkita Posts: 1,089
Forum Member
✭✭✭
If you guys watch X Factor USA, you will know who is Jeff Gutt.

I can see a lot of similarity between them, both in Overs category, both are rock singer.

Comments

• Options
    SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is a bit of similarity, now that I think about it.
  • Options
    Diceroll_81Diceroll_81 Posts: 904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One difference is that Jeff was mentored by Kelly Rowland. I miss Kelly :-(
  • Options
    mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Spot on.
    And like Jeff, I like Ben.
    Great voice, great guy but theres something missing.
    Jeffs spark didnt come out until the final, that was when he blossomed which was too late. I wonder if its the same with Ben?
  • Options
    hannahhannah Posts: 13,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes he is I like both of them but like Ben more but I would be very happy indeed if Ben does as well as Jeff did on the X Factor US as runner up if not better being the winner. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    marianner wrote: »
    Spot on.
    Jeffs spark didnt come out until the final, that was when he blossomed which was too late. I wonder if its the same with Ben?

Ben has been good most weeks but I still dont think we have saw the best of him because I know people say he is one dimensional and shouty but he isnt he is much better than but song choices havent been the best for Ben.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hannah wrote: »
    Ben has been good most weeks but I still dont think we have saw the best of him because I know people say he is one dimensional and shouty but he isnt he is much better than but song choices havent been the best for Ben.

Singing comes very easy for him. Hes a natural at singing but Im not connecting with him. Maybe hes too safe?
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marianner wrote: »
    Spot on.

I didn't see the final that year - who won in the end?
  • Options
    EndOfSanityEndOfSanity Posts: 15,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't see the final that year - who won in the end?

Alex & Sierra won (mentored by Simon), Jeff came 2nd and Carlito Olivero came 3rd.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Simon did a good job with A&S but I think Jeff couldve been a more serious contender if he had found his sparkle earlier.

Ben is sort of cruising but he doesnt look hungry enough. Everyone knows Stevi wont win but he shows the hunger and passion.
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alex & Sierra won (mentored by Simon), Jeff came 2nd and Carlito Olivero came 3rd.

Oh, I liked Alex and Sierra :) That was a good year.
  • Options
    E05297535E05297535 Posts: 5,602
    Forum Member
    Nope....Jeff was better! !

First time that a US contestant should have won the show instead of being runner up......imo. But hoping that Jeff's got the recording contract with a recording company other than Syco!!! Lol
  • Options
    teenage-monkeyteenage-monkey Posts: 2,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't particularly agree with that. I think Jeff was likeable but Ben is more charismatic. Jeff was also more of a general rock singer and performer than Ben is. It's only the last two weeks that they've been more similar.

I'm interested to see if Ben does Bogemian Rhapsody and if they go for a similar Games Of Thrones production.
  • Options
    E05297535E05297535 Posts: 5,602
    Forum Member
    I don't particularly agree with that. I think Jeff was likeable but Ben is more charismatic. Jeff was also more of a general rock singer and performer than Ben is. It's only the last two weeks that they've been more similar.

I'm interested to see if Ben does Bogemian Rhapsody and if they go for a similar Games Of Thrones production.

Probably...remembering it was a hit for Jeff when he sang it on the US show last year. ..Simon wasn't exactly pleased about his performance though as.Kelly R was his mentor and not HIM!!!!
  • Options
    big bang theorybig bang theory Posts: 4,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't rate Jeff when I've listened to a couple of his performances, Ben is much better I think.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are a little bit similar being rock singers but I would say that Jeff is more rock whereas Ben can do other genres because I have to say that my favourite performance of Bens so far is Jealous Guy
  • Options
    karenc3karenc3 Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    E05297535 wrote: »
    Nope....Jeff was better! !

First time that a US contestant should have won the show instead of being runner up......imo. But hoping that Jeff's got the recording contract with a recording company other than Syco!!! Lol

I really liked Jeff, I've only seen Ben do one or two rock songs on the show. I am not sure what kind of music Ben did before he was on the show, but Jeff did rock for years, and had original music that was rock.

Jeff did say he recently was recording something but I don't think he's with a label.