Options

Sarah Jane needs to be fired!

Rob200696Rob200696 Posts: 1,767
Forum Member
✭✭✭
My god she is dreadful, and not even in a funny way like Konnie Huq just awkward and cringy. Why they ever let Caroline go is beyond me she was more than capable of hosting alone and making the show watchable! Sarah Jane seems to struggle speaking to people, asking questions, holding a microphone... (I could go on and on)

Anyone else agree?

Comments

• Options
    Jules_ThornleyJules_Thornley Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is hard faced imo. And doesnt relax or joke about. Worst presenter. Konnie was bearable cause she was hilarious and laughed off mistakes or didn't even notice her mistakes!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    I felt sorry for her last night as Cowell treated her absolutely disgustingly, I would not have blamed if she a told him to stick his job and walked live on air. There's nothing wrong with a bit of fun and banter on the show but last night Cowell pretty much tried to humiliate her and she actually did well to keep her composure.
  • Options
    Rachel_RyanRachel_Ryan Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    Yeah it was terrible and then she even tried to get cheryl to back her up but cheryl was teasing her too. It was cringy and felt a bit bullyish.
  • Options
    DiveInDiveIn Posts: 617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was dreadful at the start and I think she's now finding her feet. I like her now but not at the start. I switch off after the judges' bit and dermots bit though
  • Options
    Diceroll_81Diceroll_81 Posts: 904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DiveIn wrote: »
    She was dreadful at the start and I think she's now finding her feet. I like her now but not at the start. I switch off after the judges' bit and dermots bit though

I agree, I think she has got much better. She must have had to serious bite her tongue when talking to the judges the last two weeks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I felt sorry for her last night as Cowell treated her absolutely disgustingly, I would not have blamed if she a told him to stick his job and walked live on air. There's nothing wrong with a bit of fun and banter on the show but last night Cowell pretty much tried to humiliate her and she actually did well to keep her composure.

Oh what happened?!
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    What did Cowell say/do? I find it shocking he can basically say what he likes and be a total cock a lot of the time, in another job you have to be professional and polite to colleagues at least otherwise you'd be fired.
  • Options
    unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, I totally disagree, I think people are quick to jump on a presenter when there's a presenter change because no two presenters have the same presenting style. She's actually probably my favourite presenter in terms of style, I feel all the previous presenters never really asked the judges uncomfortable questions, which is something SJ always seems to do. I enjoy the judges segment and think the show flows much better than it did in previous years where I feel it felt almost too off the cuff and Soccer FM muckaroundish
  • Options
    LittleByLittleLittleByLittle Posts: 346
    Forum Member
    On camera Sarah sounds very friendly and down to earth. She hasn't had it easy last few weeks.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    What did Cowell say/do? I find it shocking he can basically say what he likes and be a total cock a lot of the time, in another job you have to be professional and polite to colleagues at least otherwise you'd be fired.

He accused her of sleeping with Stevi and then all the other judges joined in despite her denying it and even if she did that is between her and Stevi and not for Cowell to broadcast on live TV. And then when she asked where the show would get its entertainment from now Stevi had gone Cowell said rather crudely something along the lines of 'never mind that where are you going to get yours from'.
  • Options
    teenage-monkeyteenage-monkey Posts: 2,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually think she's a really good presenter. She has great chemistry with the contestants and seems to genuinely care about them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He accused her of sleeping with Stevi and then all the other judges joined in despite her denying it and even if she did that is between her and Stevi and not for Cowell to broadcast on live TV. And then when she asked where the show would get its entertainment from now Stevi had gone Cowell said rather crudely something along the lines of 'never mind that where are you going to get yours from'.

That's just not funny really. What an idiot.
  • Options
    dia6olodia6olo Posts: 1,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have no problem with her, I think she presents the show well, think she's bubbly.

No issues from me. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she's great.

I also think she grills the contestants and judges far more than any of the other presenters did. Simon even seemed taken aback by it in the first couple of shows.

No, she's good. She should not be fired.
  • Options
    JocolahJocolah Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't agree. There is nothing wrong with how she presents the show and she speaks to people with ease and professionalism.
  • Options
    curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wasn't keen on her at the start but she has got a lot better, the way the judges have treated her has been terrible she seems fiesty I would love to know what she said to them off air. I doubt she will be back next year but it will her choice.
  • Options
    Ronell_DavisRonell_Davis Posts: 4,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I disagree I really like her I think she's doing a good job.
  • Options
    SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If anyone deserves to be fired, it's Mark Sidaway!
  • Options
    red_amberred_amber Posts: 1,154
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She does not deserve to be fired! SJ is doing an amazing job!

You're just determined to find fault to suit your own agenda.
  • Options
    cezzycezzy Posts: 4,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not a fan and hardly watch Xtra Factor because she feels so awkward. Yes she's improved and I know its always a challenge when a long term presenter is replaced, but I really don't understand the reasoning behind her appointment?
  • Options
    SugarNSpiceSugarNSpice Posts: 1,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course, it's just the OP's opinion. Sarah-Jane is a great presenter, I can't fault her.
  • Options
    bh21bh21 Posts: 161
    Forum Member
    To start with I must admit I thot she was not very good but the last few weeks she has hit her stride . she's not afraid to confront the judges about anything . but they way the judges behave at the phone in is horrendous . Mel and Cheryl clapping over simon . him doin the same back . slagging SJ off . whispering to each other when the callers are asking their questions . someone really needs to tell them to quit it . its easy to see that the reason the public are switching off (IMO) is the contempt the judges show to the viewers
  • Options
    SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    Soppyfan wrote: »
    If anyone deserves to be fired, it's Mark Sidaway!

Well said - that guy has probably got to take most of the blame for one of the most dire series ever.

He couldn't produce his way out of a paper bag.
  • Options
    CARA2000CARA2000 Posts: 10,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Absolutely! It was disgusting. What a vile man. I have only watched Xtra Factor a couple of times this year and have not got past judges comments. I certainly did not watch in the time Scowell's puppet Olly Murs was presenting.

Scowell relentlessly is pushing his acts. Poor lass was linked with Olly Murs Mark II Stevi in an embarrassing way for her. Like OM he is trying to make Stevi some sort of cheeky chappy ladies' man.

Olly Murs was at it again in a chat show. This time it was grabbing the attention with Jennifer Aniston showing his backside with underpants stuck up the crack of his ass.

All three males need to be grouped in the same pot as Peter Stringfellow and Hugh Hefner.

Whoever Sarah Jane was she showed more tact, diplomacy and professionalism then the aforementioned male scum bags.

OP watch the way that girl dealt with an extremely difficult situation before you diss her. Scowell and his puppets deserve the description in your post, not SJ.
  • Options
    CARA2000CARA2000 Posts: 10,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He will be joining his old pal Max if he is not careful. Time will tell.