Best X Factor USA Contestant?

Michael_KingMichael_King Posts: 292
Forum Member
I think SWEET SUSPENCE or DIAMOND WHITE are the two best for me, so much potential from both.

anybody else?

Comments

• Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pretty much all of them were better than anything we get on the UK version. Diamond White was fantastic, however a lot of the fuss around her was that she was so good for her age. If we're looking really deep into it, she wasn't a flawless singer, but she was very good for her age. In terms of singing, I think Stacey Francis was probably the best. I don't really like singers like that, but she was amazing. Her version of Purple Rain at judges houses was amazing. If we're looking at the whole package though and taking absolutely everything into account...singing, performance, identity, stage prescence, maketability...then I think the best act was probably Fifth Harmony. As I say though, pretty much everyone on the U.S version was good so when discussing the acts really it's a case of picking out the flaws and fault and pitting them against each other. Wipes the floor with the UK version.
  • hannahhannah Posts: 13,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a top 3
    1. Alex and Sierra
    2. Fifth Harmony
    3. Carly Rose
  • Eva_Coco_MayEva_Coco_May Posts: 3,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Melanie Amaro
    Rachel Crow
    Marcus Canty
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    1. Fifth Harmony
    2. Melanie Amaro
    3. Carly Rose

Is Sweet Suspence that girl group that got eliminated in week 1? :blush:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    Embarrassing how weak the UK version is, in comparison with the US...

I think Josh Krajcik was my favourite first audition, and definitely one of the strongest acts I can remember, even though I don't think he has been all that successful post show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYDBEONiFcQ

Love the faces LA Reid makes when a good vocalist is on :D
  • MilkitaMilkita Posts: 1,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fifth Harmony, Sweet Suspense, Restless Road, Alex & Sierra

And I just said all of the groups' names, lol.
  • Diceroll_81Diceroll_81 Posts: 904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is only one correct answer to this question. Her name is Panda Ross.
  • 09beyoncefan09beyoncefan Posts: 2,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Carly Rose Sonenclar
    Fifth Harmony
    Melanie Amaro
    Alex & Sierra
    Ellona Santiago
  • mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    weren't sweet suspense that excruciatingly annoying manufactured group of teenage girls that got eliminated in the second week and that was one week too many ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimik1uk wrote: »
    weren't sweet suspense that excruciatingly annoying manufactured group of teenage girls that got eliminated in the second week and that was one week too many ?

I thought they went out in the first or second week but can't remember. I know they sang 'hey mickey' though so I don't think they could've helped being annoying!
    Forum Member
    I thought they went out in the first or second week but can't remember. I know they sang 'hey mickey' though so I don't think they could've helped being annoying!

iirc during the 4 chair challenge thing they did to decide the acts for the live shows they were topping the twitter feed and that seemed to sway cowell to pick them for his category , then they were right down the bottom of the actual votes in the live shows
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Melanie Amaro is very overrated.
  • Starzz123Starzz123 Posts: 1,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alex and Sierra, Carly Rose, Khaya Cohen
  • EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    Carly Rose, Alex and Sierra, Jennel Garcia, CeCe Frey... Despite the fact that it never really took off, and had issues with production/song choice/hosting/etc., the raw talent was fantastic on the US version.
  • ShAneOmaC2005ShAneOmaC2005 Posts: 941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Clay Aiken hands down for me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Carly Rose, Alex and Sierra, Jennel Garcia, CeCe Frey... Despite the fact that it never really took off, and had issues with production/song choice/hosting/etc., the raw talent was fantastic on the US version.

CeCe Frey was great. As was Paige Thomas too. I hated how they made them both into a rivalry though. Both were so marketable and could have fitted into the music industry immediately. They had the X Factor. Thing is though, through a mixture of the editing of the rivalry between them and awful song choices which didn't show off their voices, they both ended up leaving the show early.
  • NathanScottNathanScott Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alex and Sierra.
  • ucra girlucra girl Posts: 19,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alex and Sierra
  • DJW13DJW13 Posts: 4,277
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clay Aiken hands down for me.

Surely he was on American Idol?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    1. Fifth Harmony
    2. Alex & Sierra
    3. CeCe Frey
    4. Rachel Potter
    5. Ellona Santiago
    6. Khaya Cohen
  • Dannyb01yDannyb01y Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    Hard to say. I did like Melanie Armaro until that whole accent debacle. That was a tad strange! I couldn't imagine how the UK would react if someone suddenly started talking in a different accent halfway through the live finals!
    Forum Member
    CeCe Frey was great. As was Paige Thomas too. I hated how they made them both into a rivalry though. Both were so marketable and could have fitted into the music industry immediately. They had the X Factor. Thing is though, through a mixture of the editing of the rivalry between them and awful song choices which didn't show off their voices, they both ended up leaving the show early.

when fleur was doing lady marmalade the other week someone linked cece doing it on xf usa , the singing was naff but her outfit was spectacular
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ucra girl wrote: »
    Alex and Sierra

I didn't realise until very recently that A&S's album charted and number 8 in the billboard charts when it was released. Not a bad result considering that season was considered a gigantic flop!
  • daniel_farrellydaniel_farrelly Posts: 1,995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Drew Ryniewicz for me:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    1. Fifth Harmony
    2. Alex & Sierra
    3. Ellona Santiago
    4. Carly Rose Sonenclar
    5. Bea Miller
    6. Josh Levi