Options

Most Haunted - Derek Acorah

2»

Comments

• Options
    NosediveNosedive Posts: 6,602
    Forum Member
    JayDee279 wrote: »
    He would heve known where they were going to film the next show, and had plenty of time to read up about the history of the house. Remembering things isn't difficult, with practice.

The whole idea in the early first few seasons was that he DIDN'T know. The location was supposedly kept an absolute secret from him. He was chauffered blind fold in the back of his car and would know nothing of the location until he arrived.

Whether that was true or not in the world of TV production I wouldn't like to say, but if it was you have to give him some benefit of the doubt.
  • Options
    NosediveNosedive Posts: 6,602
    Forum Member
    I think he does possess some psychic abilities, but not on the level he presented on MH (Over dramatics, possessions etc).

I think he probably does. In the early shows I thought he was quite convincing. You have to remember, as the ratings increased in the later series' there would have been a lot more pressure on him to perform, particularly after they picked up on the episodes of his apparent 'possessions'.

Remember also, if it's anything like when I'm out filming my wildlife photography, things happen when you are not ready, or inbetween the odd moments when the camera isn't rolling. It's called sod's law and that's the way it is. Thus, if it is anything like that when filming a TV production with the pressure of tight schedules, limited budgets, and lots of hanging around inbetween scenes, who is to say it is so wrong to recreate precious moments that may have been witnessed off camera, particularly if experienced on repeated occaisions.

Also, like wildlife, maybe the apparent spirits and entities of an astral plain can't always be expected to perform exactly to cue, or even at all sometimes. TV production deadlines still have to be met though.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My main question I want to ask people is... How on earth could he possibly have remembered ALL of that accurate information he gave in the earlier episodes for each room of each building, and names, dates, events etc.

I'm guessing he'll have been wearing an earpiece. Derek Acorah's about as psychic as snow is red. He's an utter fake! Acorah's the last of the last that I'd go to to get a reading from.....just for curiosity. One of the Most Haunted crew fed him the name (that tells you that he's a fake for a start) Kreed Kafer, which later also could be rearranged to spell Derek Faker. It's been shown that he's a fake and yet TV broadcasters still sometimes get him on their channel. A complete and absolute fake!
  • Options
    tortfeasortortfeasor Posts: 7,000
    Forum Member
    The best 3 for me from the Derek Acorah days have to be:

1) When he said, "I'll slit your gizzard";

2) When mid-way through a sentence he suddenly became possessed and said, "he wishes to be left alone!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2WM3CfVURY - about 9 minutes 30 seconds in; and

3) The one where he said that the ghosts would appear to look like rabbits, but they weren't. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUtemaIADrc
  • Options
    be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nosedive wrote: »
    Well obviously not looking at the amount of scepticism on this thread. Not one person so far has actually come out and said yes I believe it. The people that do however, are probably quite happy getting on with their own psychic followings/beliefs in the peace of their own certainty without the hassle of proving everything to the world.
    It shouldn't be a matter of "belief". If such powers truly do exist, anyone who stands in the way of them being proven conclusively is willfully stymieing the progress of mankind.

Of course, the most likely explanation is that people who claim such powers are almost certainly frauds and/or cranks.
    zx50 wrote: »
    I'm guessing he'll have been wearing an earpiece. Derek Acorah's about as psychic as snow is red. He's an utter fake! Acorah's the last of the last that I'd go to to get a reading from.....just for curiosity. One of the Most Haunted crew fed him the name (that tells you that he's a fake for a start) Kreed Kafer, which later also could be rearranged to spell Derek Faker. It's been shown that he's a fake and yet TV broadcasters still sometimes get him on their channel. A complete and absolute fake!
    Acorah was blatantly caught red-handed. Yet the likes of Nosedive and saintsebastien1 will still make excuses for his cheating in order to sustain their belief in his powers. Wishful thinking plays a big part in this "psychic" poppycock.
  • Options
    cliveb2005cliveb2005 Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    China Girl wrote: »
    A friend and her mother went to one of his live stage shows, as they were both fans. this was some years back. They said he was so ridiculously awful, that they, and a few others, got up and walked out.

I think there could possibly be some people with a sort of 'psychic' ability, or whatever it could be called......but he is not one of them.

We went to see Derek in York a couple of years ago and were impressed. Shortly after we saw Most Haunted's stage show at the same theatre and were very disappointed. Most of the 'action' was relayed to us in the auditorium on a screen showing a video feed of the crew in a 'haunted' dressing room under the stage. We may as well have stayed at home and watched it on telly !
  • Options
    ennui 57ennui 57 Posts: 1,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tortfeasor wrote: »
    The best 3 for me from the Derek Acorah days have to be:

1) When he said, "I'll slit your gizzard";

2) When mid-way through a sentence he suddenly became possessed and said, "he wishes to be left alone!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2WM3CfVURY - about 9 minutes 30 seconds in; and

3) The one where he said that the ghosts would appear to look like rabbits, but they weren't. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUtemaIADrc

Thanks for that. 'The rabbits', in particular, made me roar with laughter!